More Double Standards from Irish Republicans

Started by Evil Genius, July 14, 2009, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Are any of EG,Tonto,Roger,Myles etc going to see their County in the ulster Final.?
As the game is in Co Monaghan they should have no issues re anthems.  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 16, 2009, 09:34:47 PM
'There you go again, patronisingly misrepresenting what posters say...

I think if you check - big ask for you, I know - you'll find it was your man who sought to qualify and launder what another poster had written.  ;)

An "I'm unable to answer the question" would have sufficed

dillinger

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2009, 08:23:01 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
Good man Sligonian ;D, I've disagreed with ya on many GAA matters, but on this one, you've got it spot on. Why don't the hoors all go back across the water where they came from??

Sorry lads but that is not the type of talk a real republican comes out with.
This back where you come from thing. Not every one can trace roots back irish/other. Whats every ones surname? Is it an irish one? If its english/ scottish, as many RC nationist peoples names are, then do they have to go back where they came from as well? eg, GB :-\

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2009, 09:51:52 PM
Are any of EG,Tonto,Roger,Myles etc going to see their County in the ulster Final.?
I'd go if it was at Casement and presuming I could get a ticket.

Main Street

Quote from: red hander on July 16, 2009, 08:56:22 PM

There you go again, patronisingly misrepresenting what posters say and twisting it to suit your own blue shirt anti-republican agenda ... answer the question for a change

Don't you know Myles of the Pony  doesn't answer questions. he just slithers on ad infinitum asking more questions.
You would have to get a nail gun to pin him down.

Is there an answer to this Q, I know there were more questions, but 2 questions appear to overload the shift on duty

Why is it that racist groups such as C18, BNP and NF only accepted within unionist areas?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on July 16, 2009, 10:55:37 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 16, 2009, 10:48:59 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2009, 09:51:52 PM
I'd go if it was at Casement and presuming I could get a ticket.
You could have easily got a ticket. They have been on sale to the public from Casement. I think that tonight was the last night though and Antrim's quota of 10,000 tickets were all taken, or certainly close to it.
I meant if the match was at Casement - I've only a passing interest in gaelic football, so I wouldn't be travelling to Monaghan for a game. If it was on my doorstep I'd go along.

Myles Na G.

'I was merely commenting on the ticket issue, which I admit could be different if the match was in Casement'

What's the capacity at Casement these days?

MW

Quote from: Donagh on July 16, 2009, 08:59:08 AM
Quote from: MW on July 15, 2009, 10:00:34 PM
I think you're right about that. Attitudes on Protestant/unionist side that perpetuate would include things like that - it's somewhat ironic that on the "other side" one of the main sectarian sibboleths is that 'themmuns', unlike 'ussuns', are supremacist bigots who are in-bred with sectarian shibboleths and attitudes, whereas ussuns are generally superior when it comes to all that.

I don't see that written anywhere, but how do you explain the intolerance and sectarianism within unionism i.e., why are the sectarian murders not repeated within nationalism/republicanism?, the racist attacks?, where is the equivalent of the orange and black men?, where are the politicians in the same intolerant model as Wilson?, Paisley, McCausland etc?, why are racist groups such as C18, BNP and NF only accepted within unionist areas?

There are plenty of sectarian attacks that have emanated from the nationalist side, such as the family burned out of their home in Dunclug only this week.

To say that C18, BNP and NF are "accepted within unionist areas" is rubbish also. And wouldn't it be a bit odd if far right British nationalists were found in Irish nationalist areas? Certainly there are violent ultra-nationalist groups, capable and willing to murder, no less, out there in Irish-nationalist areas (I wouldn't say "accepted", however). By the way, on the BNP, this may have escaped your attention but DUP MEP Diane Dodds actually gave a lead in the European Parliament this week by refusing to take her allocated seat beside Nick Griffin.

As for "intolerant" politicans - oh dear. You've completey forgotten Sinn Féin - politicans from a movement that murdered people because of their religion, their nationality, and their political opinion. 'Bik' McFarlane, a sectarian mass murderer who massacred five Protestants by bombing a bar and machine-gunning a bus stop, seemed to be a respected figure and commentator in many nationalist/republican circles today. The Balcombe Street gang, who threw bombs loaded with ball-bearings into restaurants and bars to maim and murder people simply because they were British, were cheered at the SF ard fheis and literally embraced by the SF leader and lavishly praised by him.

The largest nationalist party proclaims that these violent acts, or for example the murder of Edgar Graham simply for being an elected representative of the unionist community, were not murder or even crimes. (A view I do not actually think is shared by most nationalists, I should add).

MW

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2009, 12:30:43 AM
I was watching that film about Steve Biko the other night "Cry Freedom" and it struck me that (Justice Minister) Kruger's script  could have been copied verbatim from various oft repeated lines trotted out on GAABoard by the owc equalising brigade.

Thank you. This is precisely what I was talking about - right down to the hoary old shibboleth that themmuns = Boers/Afrikaners.

Of course, you don't even give a single example.

stibhan

Do the unionists who continually complain about the troubles and the IRA's involvement in them on this board...

a) recognise that the British Army acted irresponsibly during the troubles, possibly meaning collusion, possibly meaning a type of osmosis with the UVF?
b) believe that the Loyalist paramilitaries were as bad as the IRA?
c) believe that some of the IRA's actions were justified?
d) believe that the concept of Christian forgiveness can extend to those who maimed and murdered innocents in the troubles?
e) feel that the GFA was the best compromise available?

Only curious, really. I'm just not overly sure if you're all coming from the same spot.

Chrisowc

Quote from: stibhan on July 17, 2009, 01:08:52 AM
Do the unionists who continually complain about the troubles and the IRA's involvement in them on this board...

a) recognise that the British Army acted irresponsibly during the troubles, possibly meaning collusion, possibly meaning a type of osmosis with the UVF?
d) believe that the concept of Christian forgiveness can extend to those who maimed and murdered innocents in the troubles?

Only curious, really. I'm just not overly sure if you're all coming from the same spot.

a - yes I would say the Army acted irresponsibly on occassions.  The troubles were a murky business and I would say collusion was not exclusively with Loyalists.
b - yes
c- no
d - i'm not a Christian
e - i'm not sure I would vote for the GFA again.  Seeing those who maimed and murdered walking free after a couple of months/years is hard to take.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nifan

Quote from: stibhan on July 17, 2009, 01:08:52 AM

a) yes - certainly they acted irresponsibly on occassion, certainly some of them where scumbags, collusion surely happened across the range of paramilitary groups.
b) certainly as bad - the actions of these groups where not something I would have any time for at all. On top of their sectarian murders etc their intimidation tactics in their own areas showed them for what they are.
c) which actions in particular? Certainly I dont believe the murders, the indiscriminate bombings, the removal of peoples livelihoods by the destruction of commercial properties etc could be justified.
d) I am not christian, but I do believe people can change. I dont particularly like seeing people with the backgrounds they have in positions of power (this includes ira men, uvf men or those who incited hatred like paisley) but if they can continue to work in improving the place ill accept it, and hope that we can move towards politicians we can dislike for the right reasons - because politicians are all slimy feckers.
e) Yes, and i would vote for it again as the difference between what we have now and what we had before is massive. Certainly there is unpalatable bits for all of us im sure - terrorists freed, said politicians in power, SF support for police - but it is simply not conceivable to go back.

ONeill

They used to say the Catholics could live beside Protestants but Protestants wouldn't live beside Catholics. Unfortunately there's a young generation of taig that is just mimicking the other. I'm moving to Kerry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

carribbear

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 16, 2009, 11:12:49 PM]
I meant if the match was at Casement - I've only a passing interest in gaelic football, so I wouldn't be travelling to Monaghan for a game. If it was on my doorstep I'd go along.

Of course you would. Bring evil dunce with you ;)

Donagh

Quote from: MW on July 16, 2009, 11:46:40 PM
There are plenty of sectarian attacks that have emanated from the nationalist side, such as the family burned out of their home in Dunclug only this week.

To say that C18, BNP and NF are "accepted within unionist areas" is rubbish also. And wouldn't it be a bit odd if far right British nationalists were found in Irish nationalist areas? Certainly there are violent ultra-nationalist groups, capable and willing to murder, no less, out there in Irish-nationalist areas (I wouldn't say "accepted", however). By the way, on the BNP, this may have escaped your attention but DUP MEP Diane Dodds actually gave a lead in the European Parliament this week by refusing to take her allocated seat beside Nick Griffin.

As for "intolerant" politicans - oh dear. You've completey forgotten Sinn Féin - politicans from a movement that murdered people because of their religion, their nationality, and their political opinion. 'Bik' McFarlane, a sectarian mass murderer who massacred five Protestants by bombing a bar and machine-gunning a bus stop, seemed to be a respected figure and commentator in many nationalist/republican circles today. The Balcombe Street gang, who threw bombs loaded with ball-bearings into restaurants and bars to maim and murder people simply because they were British, were cheered at the SF ard fheis and literally embraced by the SF leader and lavishly praised by him.

The largest nationalist party proclaims that these violent acts, or for example the murder of Edgar Graham simply for being an elected representative of the unionist community, were not murder or even crimes. (A view I do not actually think is shared by most nationalists, I should add).

So how about actually addressing the points my post next time instead of the history lecture.