Kerry 0-14 Sligo 1-10 - Heartache for Sligo

Started by SLIGONIAN, July 12, 2009, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Toughest draw, lets see what our boys are made of, step up to the plate lads. Follow Longfords lead.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sligoman2

To make it even harder, I think the game is in Kerry.

We always play better when no one gives us a chance....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Owenmoresider

Yes but Longford were at home with a good home crowd behind them. We're going to Killarney, bit of a difference. Another hour on top of yesterday's 3 hour-plus trip.

I'd trade in the Astra now to spare it any more agony btw.

The only thing is, surely we can't do worse against them than our only other c'ship meeting, surely? Spillane probably remembers it well, couldn't hide his delight at the draw.

SLIGONIAN

Why do kerry have home advantage? Someone earlier said it was neutral venues but obviously thats not the case.

My Dad wont chance the astra, he got lift yday, also Dad recounts one of the Sligo backs marking out an area on the pitch for Spillane NOT TO ENTER, he didnt go near it but then again he didnt need to. Kerins missed a peno and free in the first 5 mins which killed us and also did we train for that match.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 12, 2009, 07:00:17 PM
Yes but Longford were at home with a good home crowd behind them. We're going to Killarney, bit of a difference.

Tralee accoring to Pat. Pussycat Dolls are playing in Fitzgerald that night. ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 12, 2009, 07:00:17 PM
Yes but Longford were at home with a good home crowd behind them. We're going to Killarney, bit of a difference. Another hour on top of yesterday's 3 hour-plus trip.

I'd trade in the Astra now to spare it any more agony btw.

The only thing is, surely we can't do worse against them than our only other c'ship meeting, surely? Spillane probably remembers it well, couldn't hide his delight at the draw.

His poor Sligo wife will be getting loads from him for the next week.

A terrible draw to be honest. Wouldn't have minded playing them in the Park but its a balls of a trip to Killarney (or Tralee). Might have to stay down and me off the beer for my boxing training. What a waste! That said if the Pussycat Dolls are knocking around Killarney....

dodo

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 12, 2009, 07:09:15 PM

His poor Sligo wife will be getting loads from him for the next week.

The Lord Jaysus
:o

magpie seanie

Whoops - could have worded that a bit better with some of the dirty minds about here!

SLIGONIAN

Right lads thanks for answering the question on why Kerry are at home? But anyways down to tactics. How are we going to compete with Kerry?

Is Donaghy out? Will Harrison be back?

Surely this game will be on TV next sat?

mannix

i think sligo could cause a shock, nothing to lose and a half decent side against a kerry that is clearly not firing on all six cylinders. the thing is that if sligo can play their own game and not start fretting over the occasion they do have a good enough chance i think.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 12, 2009, 07:33:51 PM
Right lads thanks for answering the question on why Kerry are at home? But anyways down to tactics. How are we going to compete with Kerry?

Didn't see the draw but assume Kerry were just drawn out first.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 12, 2009, 07:50:23 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 12, 2009, 07:33:51 PM

Didn't see the draw but assume Kerry were just drawn out first.

That simple, just in last rounds some teams were guarnteed home because they played away rd before, but anyways we will just have to suck it up, chests out and give it a rattle.

Cant afford not maximise our potential of our resources against Kerry or we will get hammered that simple.

comethekingdom

Every game we play now will be tough with the way the team are playing at the minute. If we win this then its either Kildare or Limerick or Galway/Mayo or Antrim/Tyrone. This may be as far as we get this year imo. Couldn't believe the 2nd half collapse against Longford yesterday. Good Kerry crowd in Pearse park yesterday. Did any of youse see the sprint by the Longford goalie down the pitch towards the end of the game?

Shamrock Shore

Shame it's not in Killarney. Nicest setting for a game in the world. 6000 Longfordians travelled there in 2006 and we had a great time (bar the result). I suggest all the Sligo folk travel in force, overnight it, and have a whale of a time.

And put it up to Kerry. Give it a hoor of a lash.

Revenge for 1975

tommy

hoganstand says the games are at neutral venues