Teacher attacks pupil

Started by corn02, July 10, 2009, 10:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

I don't know the specifics of this case, althought it isn't a great leap to say that there is no circumstances in which attempting to kill a pupil is acceptable. Still, I'm amazed it has taken this long for something like this to happen. No amount of vetting teachers for their suitability to cope with the modern teaching environment would weed out those who can't cope with the animal-like behaviour teachers face in some (most?) schools

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on July 10, 2009, 11:44:16 AM
I hope none of Shane O'Neill's pupils have urged him to "Fc.k off you b..d c..t!" even if I have done so for the last 7 or 8 years ;D
Tony, are you telling us you are still at school? ;D
If indeed you have been Shane's pupil for the last 7 or eight years, when are you going to leave, graduate or get kicked out or whatever?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

lynchbhoy

this makes a change from the pupils attacking teachers.

feel sorry for the guy as he has to get sacked I'd say.

these wee fcukers withno manners are allowed run riot , then at the first bit of discipline (ok in this case it was more than that) the parents whinge and moan at the dire treatment and trauma etc when its theywho should get a slap for not teaching the kids manners and respect.

corn02

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 10, 2009, 03:05:28 PM
this makes a change from the pupils attacking teachers.

feel sorry for the guy as he has to get sacked I'd say.

these wee fcukers withno manners are allowed run riot , then at the first bit of discipline (ok in this case it was more than that) the parents whinge and moan at the dire treatment and trauma etc when its theywho should get a slap for not teaching the kids manners and respect.

He'll be lucky if he doesn;t spend a number of years behind bars.

bcarrier

He will lose his job ( probably picking up a compo package as the school put him in the situation ) but I dont think the guy will get jail. He had been off school stressed and was clearly provoked . I presume in the age of white boards the art of duster/ chalk throwing has died out ?

D4S

Of course this teachers actions were totally unacceptable, but it's obvious from reading the stories that he has had some stress related problems! I have to say i feel sorry for him because I'm sure his wife and daughters are heartbroken too.  Many pupils have also come out according to the papers saying what a great man + teacher he was, the man was obviously under severe stress and under such provocation he snapped.  At the end of the day he has a mental illness, too many people quick to judge and stick the boot in someone when they don't always know the whole story.  If someone has a broken arm you can run to the hospital to get it fixed, not always as simple to fix depression and other mental illnesses.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

corn02

Quote from: bcarrier on July 10, 2009, 03:31:23 PM

He will lose his job ( probably picking up a compo package as the school put him in the situation ) but I dont think the guy will get jail. He had been off school stressed and was clearly provoked . I presume in the age of white boards the art of duster/ chalk throwing has died out ?

He was arrested on attempted murder.

Fair enough we used to get theodd duster thrown, but slamming a child over the head with a weight, more than once I might add, brings it to a whole new playing field.

The Iceman

What is it with Science Teachers - we had a psychotic one in st. Pat's Armagh.  He used to get seriously flustered if you misbehaved at all and through school bags against walls, kicked over chairs and screamed and ranted about everything.
I actually think he ended up in St Lukes or somewhere similar in the end.

Maybe sniffing the bunson burners???
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

MasterShake

Iceman, what years were you at St. Pat's? Think I know the one alright.
"Calmer than you are".

pintsofguinness

I feel sorry for him, clearly just snapped. 

it's a pity what he'll go thorugh now over some little c***ts.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Iceman

Quote from: MasterShake on July 10, 2009, 05:41:10 PM
in the 90's Shake  -same as a lot of heads on here too.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

MasterShake

Quote from: The Iceman on July 10, 2009, 07:42:51 PM
Quote from: MasterShake on July 10, 2009, 05:41:10 PM
in the 90's Shake  -same as a lot of heads on here too.....

Yes indeed Iceman...I left in '96. I'm just across the river from yerself now ;)

On the subject of the thread, I can understand some of the sympathy for the teacher in that he obviously just cracked under the strain of whatever was goin on in his life. But he should be well trained to handle the type of incident that happened (assuming the reports are accurate), and does not appear to have feared for his own safety (he wasn't being physically attacked or anything). Depending on the extent of the wee bollix's (the student that is) injuries, I'd be surprised if the teacher avoids at least some jail time.
"Calmer than you are".

longrunsthefox

There was priest in dungannon used to put boys over what was called the'yellow bed' and bate them with a cane or slipper. A nasty f**er if ever there was one (God rest him  ::))... they didn't put that in their history of the school came out a few years ago.   

tyssam5

Quote from: ONeill on July 10, 2009, 01:00:27 PM
What you can't say Credit Union now? c*.

Anyway:

Sex Tape Teacher 'To Keep Her Job'

A primary school teacher who accidentally included an x-rated clip of herself in an end of term video for her pupils is likely to keep her job despite the blunder.

Crystal Defanti, from California, gave her class of 10 and 11 year olds the DVD of "classroom memories" featuring school trips and highlights from the school year.

But by selecting one of the menus, "you see kids in a classroom sharing stories. They then start clapping and the video suddenly cuts to sex", local news channel CBS 13 reported.

The clip appears to show 29-year-old Mrs Defanti alone in a highly compromising situation.

Apparently she did not spot the error until after she had distributed the footage to her class.

Parents have leapt to her defence, saying she is a good teacher who made an "honest but embarrassing mistake".

And the local school district has said Mrs Defanti, who is well-liked and respected, is unlikely to lose her job.

She is reported to have called one family's home the day after the DVD was sent and apologised profusely.

She also asked the parents "to call every parent they knew to stop their kids from seeing the DVD too".

"All she could say was that it was a horrible mix up," said one father.

Indeed, I imagine a few father will be at the head of the line on parents night!! Poor lonely woman!

dillinger

Im 50, in my day we got attacked reg., saying that, not on this scale. Anyone think when they stopped canning in school kids have got worse?