Championship Appearance records

Started by Galwaybhoy, July 09, 2009, 11:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Lads I'm looking for a list of players with most championship appearances.  I know Christy Ring leads the way followed by Davy Fitz but I cant find a proper list.  I have checked Wiki (where they have a list of the top Championship scorers) and the GAA website but no luck.  I cant believe its this hard to find such records, they are always available in other sports.

Does anyone know of anywhere on the internet where such records or available or failing that any books that I could buy that has a list of such records.

heffo

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on July 09, 2009, 11:45:20 AM
Lads I'm looking for a list of players with most championship appearances.  I know Christy Ring leads the way followed by Davy Fitz but I cant find a proper list.  I have checked Wiki (where they have a list of the top Championship scorers) and the GAA website but no luck.  I cant believe its this hard to find such records, they are always available in other sports.

Does anyone know of anywhere on the internet where such records or available or failing that any books that I could buy that has a list of such records.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Hurling_Championship_records_and_statistics#All-time_appearances

Galwaybhoy

Dont know how I couldn't find that on Wiki!  Thanks Heffo!

Glensman

Shefflin sure to overtake Keher at top scorer ever in the championship this year if not next.

Galwaybhoy

I'd say he will do it this year.  In the next two games anyway assuming Kilkenny win the S/F.  Eoin Kelly looks like he might overtake both DJ Carey and Christy Ring this year.

Irenses

The wiki stats using the link above claim the all-time scoring chart is accurate as of June 3rd. Shefflin has since scored 0-16 Vs Galway and Dublin. Does this mean he already has the record? Im surprised the media haven't picked up on this or if they have I missed it.

But then again it is wiki so could be wrong.  Does anybody have a source other than wiki for this?