2009 Ashes

Started by lob her in lad, July 08, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 09, 2009, 01:58:51 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 08, 2009, 11:25:18 PM
I feel a bit dirty about it but I'm supporting England at the moment. I may switch sides depending on how its going. Think it could be a very good series. Neither side at 2005 level but probably very clos in terms of ability. Even today things swung a few times in terms of who were in the better position. Aussies just shade it now with the 7 wickets as England will want to get to 400. Probably won't now.

Spoken like a true United fan.  ;)

WTF? From a Chelski fan?

Orior

1) Why is it always England and Australia in the final of the Ashes?

2) Who y'all cheering for?

3) Ignore question 1.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lob her in lad

Cheering for the Aussies. Fair dinkum.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

supersub

Quote from: Orior on July 09, 2009, 02:14:46 PM
1) Why is it always England and Australia in the final of the Ashes?

2) Who y'all cheering for?

3) Ignore question 1.

Because the rest of europe and the americans hog the ryder cup all the time!!

2) England

magpie seanie

England need a wicket.

Orior

Well hey, at least they can say they were in the series for half a day before it bacame a lost cause.

Not only do they need a wicket but they need a few more Indians and Rodesians in their team. The english (like Rolo and Owc) have soft centres.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

A Quinn Martin Production

Aus 186 for 1.  Katich 75no Punter 65no
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Aus 222-1 Katich 88no Punter 88no

Owenmoresider

Katich (104) and Ponting (100) both get their centuries. Aus 249-1 at the close.

Aus still going well...290 - 1 Katich 118no Ponting 126no

RealSpiritof98

Why are England called England, They take all the good Irish, Welsh and scotish players, plus a few south african, surely the british and irish lions part 2 would be a more apt naming.

Seriously though, Ireland shows a sign of becoming half decent and their two best players Ed Joyce and Eoin Morgan are just plucked from their grasps, given a few england games and then just left to play in the reserve team, its Linfield all over again.

lob her in lad

Thats Ponting gone for 150
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Quick wickets for England...Katich gone for 122, Ponting 150 and Hussey out for 3

331-4

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 10, 2009, 12:01:33 PM
Why are England called England, They take all the good Irish, Welsh and scotish players, plus a few south african, surely the british and irish lions part 2 would be a more apt naming.

Seriously though, Ireland shows a sign of becoming half decent and their two best players Ed Joyce and Eoin Morgan are just plucked from their grasps, given a few england games and then just left to play in the reserve team, its Linfield all over again.

Does seem a bit unfair alright. Surely after you play for one country at senior level, that should be that in terms of eligibility. One thing changing your mind at a young age or after playing underage but at senior level it seems a bit much.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

deiseach

I don't understand the eligibility rules for cricket, but considering England are the only team playing Test cricket in the northern hemisphere, a little flexibilty is essential