Any one here a referee?

Started by Aerlik, July 06, 2009, 10:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

I've recently joined the lofty ranks of CLG officialdom by becoming a football referee.  Are there others on the board who have done likewise?
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

orangeman

You're a bollox ref !!

Get used to hearing that if you are to succeed.

Good luck. You're a brave man and fair play to you.

tyronefan

www.specsavers.ie

You might find this link useful in the future    :D :D :D

good luck

Aerlik

After 30 years of kicking ball, I thought I might keep a hand in the game by refing.  I was refing a game two weeks ago and it was pissing down and this clown tried to convince me that his deliberate attempt to trip another player was due to the rain.  I didn't even bother looking him in the eye!

Abuse from the sideline, knowledge of the rules, whinging players... aye, all part of the fun of the ref's job. 

Keeping me fit, I suppose.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Zapatista

It's priests we need not refs!!!

Fair balls to ye and best of luck. I hope you enjoy it.

Lecale2

Good luck. I'm sure there's a positive side in addition to all the negatives.  :-\

SidelineKick

Quote from: Aerlik on July 08, 2009, 08:11:23 AM
After 30 years of kicking ball, I thought I might keep a hand in the game by refing.  I was refing a game two weeks ago and it was pissing down and this clown tried to convince me that his deliberate attempt to trip another player was due to the rain.  I didn't even bother looking him in the eye!

Abuse from the sideline, knowledge of the rules, whinging players... aye, all part of the fun of the ref's job. 

I didnt say a word!!

I always thought I would make a good referee but its all well and good saying that, but when you've the whistle in your mouth and have to make split second decisions its easy to see how a crowd of supporters can turn on you!

I think I'll leave that aspect of the game to others!

Fair play to you though!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Bud Wiser

Fair play ref ! Would you be on for the Laois County Final between Castletown and Camross.    Best of luck, a few games under the belt and you'll be 'flying'
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Aerlik on July 08, 2009, 08:11:23 AM

Was it a Kilrea training match (underage)?  :D :D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 08, 2009, 09:56:41 AM
Fair play ref ! Would you be on for the Laois County Final between Castletown and Camross.    Best of luck, a few games under the belt and you'll be 'flying'

Didn't you mean, "A few belts during the game and you'll sent flying."  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi