Quote from: SidelineKick on July 03, 2009, 04:13:28 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 03, 2009, 03:30:52 PM
Voted :)

A couple of cousins at Beragh.

Which one are you curtin'?

lol!!!! class!! thats made me laugh!!  ;D
"Swing er over!"

Hereiam

It would nice to say that we have a good sporting organisnation without the help of British money. I know you can argue that our side play the lotto and its a good way of getting the money back. I feel this only give the british a bit of scope to say "that crowd whould have nothing if it weren't for us".

nifan

Deal_me_in, best of luck it sounds like a very good project - anything promoting cross community is a good thing, and sports a particularly good way of that.

Bit of a quote that could cause a 50 page argument on here though:
"This was a major step for our GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) Club which, for over 100 years had exclusively facilitated the sporting and cultural needs of the Catholic population."

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: nifan on July 03, 2009, 05:01:13 PM
Deal_me_in, best of luck it sounds like a very good project - anything promoting cross community is a good thing, and sports a particularly good way of that.

Bit of a quote that could cause a 50 page argument on here though:
“This was a major step for our GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) Club which, for over 100 years had exclusively facilitated the sporting and cultural needs of the Catholic population.”

nifan, its a quote from the club chairman, i just put it up to try and get more votes for the club. I think it would also be quite pedantic to pick holes in it for something so trivial when it is clear there is much work being done to get past this mindset.

nifan

Deal_me_in,

not arguing, and i voted for it - as i said its a good thing, i am for any work which attempts to help cross community relations as this obviously will (and does already)

I just think its an interesting quote from the chairman on a topic that theres constant argument on here over.

JohnDenver

Quote from: nifan on July 06, 2009, 12:49:20 PM
Deal_me_in,

not arguing, and i voted for it - as i said its a good thing, i am for any work which attempts to help cross community relations as this obviously will (and does already)

I just think its an interesting quote from the chairman on a topic that theres constant argument on here over.

The chairman was speaking for the Beragh Club itself, not for the association as a whole.  More than likely it's a quote to drum up a bit of support from the likes of yourself who see it as a means of helping cross-community.

Tony Baloney

This is down to the last 3. A project in Derry running play areas for children with special needs in down to the last 3 in the Best Environmental Project. Both are worthy of votes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8180670.stm