National Lottery Awards

Started by Deal_Me_In, July 03, 2009, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal_Me_In

Sorry for this shameless plug but... Our clubrooms have been nominated as one of the top 10 sports projects that have been partly funded through the National lottery scheme. We need as many people as possible to vote to make it through to the final. We are the only nomination from the provience and i would ask you all to please vote. Below are some more details:

The Beragh Red Knights Sports Pavilion has been nominated as one of 10 projects to make it through to the Semi Finals of the National Lottery Awards 2009.

We have been recognised in the Best Sports Project category under the title 'Community Sports Pavilion' for the work being done to unite all the community by providing structured activity classes and events throughout the year at the pavilion.

In launching the campaign for support and votes, club Chairman Gerard Treacy said: "We're delighted to have reached this stage of the National Lottery Awards. Lottery funding has helped us to develop and grow, making a real difference to young peoples' lives and we're really hoping the public gets behind us and votes!"

Voting for the semi-finals has started and ends at midday on Friday 10 July.  The three projects in each category with the most number of votes will go through to the finals of the Awards and another round of public voting later in August. We would appreciate if you could follow the below link and register your support for the club.

www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards
Support can also be registered by call in 0844 686 1680. calls will be charged at 5p per min from a BT landline.

This is a great honour for the club and we appreciate all your support. Please encourage everyone you know to register their support to help the club through to the final of these prestigious awards.

Thanks You.

ziggysego

Voted :)

A couple of cousins at Beragh.
Testing Accessibility

john mcgill

Voted
Had a drink with Terry McKenna yesterday!

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: john mcgill on July 03, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
Voted

You teachers have a handy time of it now for the next few months, out drinking on a schoolday  ;)

supersarsfields

Quote from: john mcgill on July 03, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
Voted

Sure is he not a Killyclogher man?  ;)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Hereiam

Can't say I approve of this grant aid sought by Beragh. Why would they want to accept British money for this, surely they could have raised money like the rest of the GAA clubs. I wouldn't want a club house that was paid by British tax payers, shame on you Beragh GFC.

Rois

Quote from: Hereiam on July 03, 2009, 03:49:19 PM
Can't say I approve of this grant aid sought by Beragh. Why would they want to accept British money for this, surely they could have raised money like the rest of the GAA clubs. I wouldn't want a club house that was paid by British tax payers, shame on you Beragh GFC.

You've never been involved in club rund raising then?

Many many clubs have benefitted from lottery money.  Our club and chapel have both been funded by lottery money. 

nifan

I wouldn't want a club house that was paid by British tax payers, shame on you Beragh GFC.

Would most of the people involved in this club not be "British tax payers"?
Do nationalists not buy the National Lottery?

Hereiam

Indeed I have been out many times gathering up money for my own club who have developed there own grounds without such funds. I just feel that it is an Irish sport and it would be better for clubs to say that they have done this work without foreign money. C

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on July 03, 2009, 03:30:52 PM
Voted :)

A couple of cousins at Beragh.

Which one are you curtin'?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: Hereiam on July 03, 2009, 04:06:54 PM
Indeed I have been out many times gathering up money for my own club who have developed there own grounds without such funds. I just feel that it is an Irish sport and it would be better for clubs to say that they have done this work without foreign money. C

You might want to give up any support for Tyrone then when they start using Garvaghey for training. 

ziggysego

That's a very narrow vision you have. Why shouldn't Beragh or any other club take advantage of the National Lottery or any money coming from the British Government?
Testing Accessibility

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Hereiam on July 03, 2009, 04:06:54 PM

Hereiam, The Club did raise over £250,000 toward the pavilion through many fundraising activities and I have been involved many times in going around several counties selling tickets. It would have been nearly impossible for us to provide the excellent facilities now available without the Lottery Scheme which all clubs are entitled to apply for and I would encourage all clubs to apply or this when redeveloping. Why would any club not avail of such assistance when Irish people contribute to the very lottery that the money was obtained from?