Tour de France 2009

Started by ONeill, July 02, 2009, 01:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 23, 2009, 09:28:38 PM
I still think there's a twist in the tail. Saturday's race is a tough one. I can see Armstrong, knowing AC is safe, launching one last attempt. However, I hear today took a lot out of Armstrong so maybe he hasn't it in him.

Contador will need to fall off to lose.

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on July 23, 2009, 09:28:38 PM
I still think there's a twist in the tail. Saturday's race is a tough one. I can see Armstrong, knowing AC is safe, launching one last attempt. However, I hear today took a lot out of Armstrong so maybe he hasn't it in him.

I dont think armstrong will do it this year, but in his defence, he didnt really train to win the Tour this year. Next year with a full years training for the tour de france under his belt, will be a better measure of his ability to win it again.

orangeman

Lance will be back next year, better prepared, maybe with a better team. The collar bone break really hampered him.

ONeill

Yet another clinker from Roche - he'll win a stage next year. He's up to 5th on the Green and 23rd overall. Cavendish again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Roche is coming along nicely and is maturing all the time. He'll be a force next year.

Armstrong went well again.

I think my top 6 bet is in the bag now.

orangeman

A savage climb of Mont Ventoux today. No changes to the GC. Massive effort by Armstrong to stay with the leaders the whole way. My top 6 bet is up.

Armstrong would have taken a podium finish at the beginning of the tour.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 25, 2009, 03:55:29 PM
how did roche do ?

Finished 49th on the stage - still 23rd overall.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
how did roche do ?

cheers orangeman . fairplay to him he has had a great tour especially considering its his 1st one . i enjoy reading his race diary in the independent
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

orangeman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 25, 2009, 04:39:46 PM
how did roche do ?

cheers orangeman . fairplay to him he has had a great tour especially considering its his 1st one . i enjoy reading his race diary in the independent

I particulary enjoyed reading about him grabbing the Italian the throat who had criticised him on TV.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2009, 04:42:03 PM
how did roche do ?

I particulary enjoyed reading about him grabbing the Italian the throat who had criticised him on TV.

yeah i'd say the italian wasn't expecting that
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

magpie seanie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 25, 2009, 04:55:48 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2009, 04:42:03 PM
how did roche do ?

yeah i'd say the italian wasn't expecting that

His ould man wouldn't have been that popular with the italians in his day either.

orangeman

Cavendish takes the final stage today.

Congrats to Contador.

maddog

Did anyone hear if there was anyone caught for doping this year ? Seemed to me to be one of the cleanest tours for years.

orangeman

Quote from: maddog on July 27, 2009, 09:14:05 AM
Did anyone hear if there was anyone caught for doping this year ? Seemed to me to be one of the cleanest tours for years.

Plenty of time yet for a wee bit of scandal.   ;)