Ciaran Shannon RIP

Started by irunthev, June 29, 2009, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

I am sure you have all heard or read about this tragic story. Certainly one of the most heart breaking stories I have ever heard. May he rest in peace and may God look down on his family. Not quite sure what else can be said.

RedandGreenSniper

Tragic stuff. Just read the details there on the Indo website. May he rest in peace and my sympathies to his family.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ziggysego

Terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magickingdom

Fear ón Srath Bán

Heartbreaking, RIP Ciarán. Terrible stretch of road.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ardmhachaabu

Awful news for his family

R.I.P.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

carnaross

Very sad. Condolences to his wife and family.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Gabriel_Hurl

Flip me - I'm in shock - just heard about it there now

Ciaran had been playing out here for the Toronto Gaels until he returned home 2 years ago

A true gent on and off the pitch

RIP

stevecw

Very sad news :(
Condolences to his family and teammates. RIP

Remember him playing for Wicklow back in the late 90s, decent player. So sad to see him taken away so young  :(

orangeman

full back

SLIGONIAN

Magpie Seanie made this tribute on the Sligo v Galway thread hope he doesnt mind me reposting..

The tragic news came to us yesterday that our good friend and former playing colleague in Coolera/Strandhill, Ciarán Shannon, had been killed in a car accident in his native Wicklow. As well as being a thorough gentleman, Ciarán was an excellent servant to both Coolera/Strandhill and Sligo throughout his time in the county. Its all the more poignant that we play Galway today as it was against them that he played so well in 1995 (draw and replay) and possibly he played in 1996 as well agaist the same opposition. I extent my deepest sympathy to his family. RIP.

Just seen pictures from last night, very sad, over 1000 mourners, guard fo honour by both Wickow and Sligo clubs. My heart goes out to his family, leaving behind a Wife and 3 kids who survived the accident. Unimagineable nightmare. RIP.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

heffo