Cill Dara v Áth Cliath Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 12/07/09

Started by Dinny Breen, June 28, 2009, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Zulu on June 28, 2009, 08:50:37 PM
QuoteI wouldn't mind if the entire title was in Irish but just the counties are pointless

You objection to the title of a thread is utterly pointless.
Aye but it can still grind my gears.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Dinny Breen

QuoteDo you not know the Irish for verses and Leinster Final July 12th?

Actually I'll give it a stab, don't know the Irish for verses but I'm sure Fear ón Srath Bán will give me a dig out. Actually I find this funny as you barely have a grasp of the English language.
#newbridgeornowhere

Gnevin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2009, 08:58:07 PM

Actually I'll give it a stab, don't know the Irish for verses but I'm sure Fear ón Srath Bán will give me a dig out. Actually I find this funny as you barely have a grasp of the English language.

Use 7 instead of V
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Rossfan

Sé "An Dara Lá déag".
Usáidtear "Dáréag" nuair a bhíonn tú ag caint foai daoine.

Tá fáilte romhaibh a Laighnigh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

QuoteUse 7 instead of V

?

Have you anything positive to contribute to this discussion and I mean specifics not your usual negative sweeping generalisations.

How did that sell-out in Croke Park go today by the way, did we even break the 50K barrier?
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2009, 08:58:07 PM

Funny because it's true  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Cheers Rossfan, have only Leaving Cert Irish from 18 years ago but like to keep with the tradition of the board.
#newbridgeornowhere

Gnevin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2009, 09:11:20 PM
QuoteUse 7 instead of V

?

Have you anything positive to contribute to this discussion and I mean specifics not your usual negative sweeping generalisations.

How did that sell-out in Croke Park go today by the way, did we even break the 50K barrier?

P7T mean anything for you? 7 is the Irish equivalent for &

Poor crowd all right . Looked like no one from Westmeath turned up but the LC are damned if they do and damned if they don't

dodo

Fear ón Srath Bán

Maith thú a Dhinny!  ;D

An dara lá déag i mí Iúil, is doigh liom. As you now have it  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dinny Breen

Right I''ll put the date in numbers and we'll leave it at that, there isn't bloody enough room in the subject bar for everything...

#newbridgeornowhere

Gnevin

Anyway am expecting a great game Kildare really took Laois part as did Dublin with Westmeath but Kildare's result is much more impressive. I expect Dublin to shade it in the end .

Gnevin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2009, 09:25:49 PM
Right I''ll put the date in numbers and we'll leave it at that, there isn't bloody enough room in the subject bar for everything...

Do you not belive me about the 7?

Dinny Breen

There'll be a lot of hype in both counties after their respective results, the only form line is Meath, Kildare drew away in Navan in the league and Dublin beat them by 2 in the championship and to be honest those two games don't tell us a lot...

Dublin have the edge on experience
Dublin have the edge on playing in Croke Park and in playing in front of 83K, will be a very new experience for the majority of the Kildare team
Kildare have the more settled side
KIldare have the edge on the side-line, McGeeney knows Dublin club football and knows the Dublin footballers
Dublin will have the better bench to change things
Both sides look very fit and conditioned but Kildare haven't played on a pitch the size of Croke Park this year and that can be sapping so probably won't how fit they are.

That's just a quick and cheerful general analysis but it's probably why Dublin are odds on favourites, they're a good side and I just hope for both counties that Kildare show up on the day.

The subject header remains  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere