USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

QuoteIn truth in the rumours that the Tyrone Minors are starting this game?
Why come out with comments like that ziggy?
I'd nearly wish for Antrim to beat us, just so the lads on the board can throw that back at you!

BennyHarp

Surely thats not really Antrim's actual  PRO writing that piece is it? Has the football world gone mad? Antrim have squeezed past a very poor Donegal team and a beaten a absolutely dire Cavan team. Had they been on the other side of the draw needing to get past Derry, Monagahn, Armagh and Tyrone they wouldnt be sitting in an Ulster final today! That said i am delighted for them and really hope that they can put up a good challenge in the final and then folllow that up with a win that will take them to the all ireland quarters and a day in the sun at croke park - but for godsake talk of creating "a brand of football that is second to none" and them being the most "motivated, fit and focused GAA team in Ulster" is bad enough coming from a normal suppiorter but when it coming from a county board official it just smacks of someone losing control of themselves and putting their team under unnecessary pressure! Surely it would be best to keep a low profile and perhaps catch tyrone on the hop!
That was never a square ball!!

ziggysego

Quote from: WeeDonns on July 07, 2009, 02:40:13 PM
I'd nearly wish for Antrim to beat us, just so the lads on the board can throw that back at you!

Ah please, it was only a joke.

If you look back at the Championship prediction, I've been saying all along that Antrim would get to the final. Whilst I don't think they're going to win, I do think they are going to bring make a game of it and run at Tyrone. It'll be a lot tighter than what people are giving Antrim credit for.
Testing Accessibility

glens abu

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2009, 02:40:34 PM
Surely thats not really Antrim's actual  PRO writing that piece is it? Has the football world gone mad? Antrim have squeezed past a very poor Donegal team and a beaten a absolutely dire Cavan team. Had they been on the other side of the draw needing to get past Derry, Monagahn, Armagh and Tyrone they wouldnt be sitting in an Ulster final today! That said i am delighted for them and really hope that they can put up a good challenge in the final and then folllow that up with a win that will take them to the all ireland quarters and a day in the sun at croke park - but for godsake talk of creating "a brand of football that is second to none" and them being the most "motivated, fit and focused GAA team in Ulster" is bad enough coming from a normal suppiorter but when it coming from a county board official it just smacks of someone losing control of themselves and putting their team under unnecessary pressure! Surely it would be best to keep a low profile and perhaps catch tyrone on the hop!

well Antrim are now playing Tyrone and yes it is possible that if they had played them in an earlier round they would not be in an Ulster final,but do you really believe they would have struggled against any of the other 3 counties you mentioned cause I don't having watched them so-far this championship they all have been very poor.

BennyHarp

Quote from: glens abu on July 07, 2009, 02:47:41 PM

well Antrim are now playing Tyrone and yes it is possible that if they had played them in an earlier round they would not be in an Ulster final,but do you really believe they would have struggled against any of the other 3 counties you mentioned cause I don't having watched them so-far this championship they all have been very poor.

They may or may not have struggled but i would assume that Monaghan or in fact Derry would pose a more difficult threat than that cavan team in he semi final. Dont get me wrong here i'm not having a dig at the antrim team, i'm delighted they are where they are and this will hopefully be the start of a breakthrough fior the county but i think the county's PRO has lost the run of himself suggesting they have revolunutionised football with this new brand that is second to none! I hope its a close final - and Antrim are able to move on and progress in the qualifiers!! Image Lawerences comments if they get to an all ireland semi final???
That was never a square ball!!

glens abu

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2009, 03:04:58 PM

They may or may not have struggled but i would assume that Monaghan or in fact Derry would pose a more difficult threat than that cavan team in he semi final. Dont get me wrong here i'm not having a dig at the antrim team, i'm delighted they are where they are and this will hopefully be the start of a breakthrough fior the county but i think the county's PRO has lost the run of himself suggesting they have revolunutionised football with this new brand that is second to none! I hope its a close final - and Antrim are able to move on and progress in the qualifiers!! Image Lawerences comments if they get to an all ireland semi final???

;D its all about positive mental attitude----------- or is it just mental     

clootfromthe21

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2009, 03:04:58 PM

Benny,

Lawrence is very much in the "glass is half full" camp as any perusal of his statements on the Antrim County Board will attest!

While I am all for a positive spins, the phrase "cruisin' for a bruisin'" springs to mind!

Mind you, if your PRO is not going to talk you up, who is?

Fuzzman

Was wondering can Antrim put in a performance like Wexford did last year against Tyrone?
I think if they can come out all guns blazing and really believe in themselves then they can certainly give Tyrone a scare.

As with a lot of teams if they get off to a good start they start believing maybe they can win this game but I fear Antrim will be there own worst enemy.

I think this Tyrone team though can almost cruise through matches like this now and still win comfortably.
A few years back this game could have been a banana skin like Sligo in 2002 or even Meath in 2007.
As Brolly keeps harping on the system of play is so automatic now that you don't know what tactics Tyrone will play.
They've not exactly used their FF line to full effect with Penrose being the outlet for most attacks to go through

I'd say this will change again the next day as Antrim will be watching for that.

longball

Can anyone see any suprise  :o starts for Tyrone possibily one of Sean O'Neill, Ryan Mellon, Colm Cavanagh (god no), Colm McCullagh
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

omagh_gael

Quote from: longball on July 07, 2009, 05:07:36 PM
Can anyone see any suprise  :o starts for Tyrone possibily one of Sean O'Neill, Ryan Mellon, Colm Cavanagh (god no), Colm McCullagh

I'd say the only change will be dooher in for joey, but if joey is fit I think there'll be an unchanged team named!

fred the red

Armagh proved they werent great at the weekend, yet they held Tyrone pretty well.

This game will be closer that alot suggest.

Take Antrim +8points

charlie stubbs

Quote from: WeeDonns on July 07, 2009, 02:40:13 PM

id second that.  tyrone minors arent that hot anyway :D

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on July 07, 2009, 02:18:34 PM
In truth in the rumours that the Tyrone Minors are starting this game?

zig if your are trying to be sarcastic, then use this  :P. Makes your look patronising otherwise

red hander

Quote from: glens abu on July 07, 2009, 02:34:25 PM
you Tyrone boys starting to sound a wee bit arrogant just like your Derry friends.

They're no friends of ours

longball

Quote from: fred the red on July 07, 2009, 06:05:47 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 07, 2009, 02:18:34 PM
In truth in the rumours that the Tyrone Minors are starting this game?

zig if your are trying to be sarcastic, then use this  :P. Makes your look patronising otherwise

This means ur talking down to someone ziggy.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0