USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

I hope MH puts out an experimental side, i.e., test tubes and bunsen burners, that'd be a win-win (we're not good heading into AI quarter-finals as Ulster Champs and defending AI Champs).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ardmhachaabu

I really hope 2 things happen now; firstly that Antrim clubs get behind their IC team and encourage their members to turn out to support them in the final and secondly that the final is in Casement as opposed to Clones
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

gerry

has to be clones the home of ulster finals. why would you want it in casement after last week non event.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: gerry on June 28, 2009, 01:16:01 AM
has to be clones the home of ulster finals. why would you want it in casement after last week non event.
Are you serious?

Antrim are in the Ulster final for the first time since 1970 and you ask why I would want it in Casement?

Please tell me that was a brainfart of yours...
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Donagh

Todays Irish Times suggests Mickey Culbert might not be in the 'Ra after all. Looks like the Antrim bandwagon is going to roll  :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 28, 2009, 01:21:24 AM
Are you serious?

Antrim are in the Ulster final for the first time since 1970 and you ask why I would want it in Casement?

Please tell me that was a brainfart of yours...

Don't like the idea of Casement at all. Antrim are in the final on merit and don't need to be patronised by giving them a home final which no other Ulster county would be given (except Monaghan obviously!).
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Maguire01

Yep, even with a crowd of 12-15,000 max (my own estimate), the atmosphere was 10 times better this evening than last Sunday. I'm not sure if it's that Casement is just too open to hold noise.

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2009, 01:59:22 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 28, 2009, 01:52:30 AM
Yep, even with a crowd of 12-15,000 max (my own estimate), the atmosphere was 10 times better this evening than last Sunday. I'm not sure if it's that Casement is just too open to hold noise.
It's the fecking black hack drivers on the Andytown road. Constantly beeping their bastarding horns.
There was a young Antrim fella near us this evening that was close to having his horn shoved where the sun don't shine. Those things are bloody annoying - it's alright when there's a score, but when it's constant it would drive you mad.

Maguire01

talktothehand

so derry are the only side in ulster not to have contested an ulster final this century then?

clarshack

Quote from: talktothehand on June 28, 2009, 08:23:04 AM
so derry are the only side in ulster not to have contested an ulster final this century then?

armagh beat them in the 2000 ulster final

fitzroyalty

Can't wait to see all the moustaches, from the two finest moustache growing counties in Ireland. That in it itself will be a spectacle

ifa fan

Happy to see antrim do well. Hopefully they will bring back the anglo celt championship the capital.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ifa fan on June 28, 2009, 11:21:19 AM
Happy to see antrim do well. Hopefully they will bring back the anglo celt championship the capital.
Why would they take it to Dublin?