Arrest threat for carring a hurl....

Started by The Watcher Pat, June 27, 2009, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Overthebar! on June 27, 2009, 01:13:42 PM
a baseball bat is hardly offensive? sure its a popular sport over here always see boys carrying them and wearing ny yankees hats round belfast....

leisure world sold hundreds of baseball bats but surprisingly very few balls  ::)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

longrunsthefox

Like the Hitchcock movie were the man is battered to death and the woman has the dinner on and gives the detectives spuds and lamb. It was a frozen leg of lamb she cooked and the cops ate it but when frozen was the weapon used to kill her husband so like a chair is until you smash it over someone's head; then it is  a weapon. Could you be done for having an offensive weapon if stoped walking down the street to batter someone with it? mmm...

The Watcher Pat

No not really it would have to be something you hold in your hands or put on your feet..I think anyway
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 27, 2009, 01:18:23 PM
No not really it would have to be something you hold in your hands or put on your feet..I think anyway

What about a fight then, When punches and kicks are thrown. Would these not be deemed "offensive weapons"?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2009, 12:27:27 PM
I know a lad at Uni in Coleraine who was stopped walking home from practice carrying a hurl and read the riot act, told what would happen if he was seen with it again and all this shite. 

His parents made a complaint to the ombudsman and I can't remember the outcome now but I'm sure he got an apology, they definitley came down on his side anyway. 

That was 3 or 4 years ago. 

Nothing has changed, or ever will.

Ok lets go back to shooting and blowing each other up so. ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mid Down Gael

Typical bitterness from the PSNI. There is stil a lot off scum bags e.g. ex Ruc still policing the northern section of our country. Only a lad having a puck about. nothin wrong with practicising the sport you love.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2009, 01:34:52 PM
I know a lad at Uni in Coleraine who was stopped walking home from practice carrying a hurl and read the riot act, told what would happen if he was seen with it again and all this shite. 

His parents made a complaint to the ombudsman and I can't remember the outcome now but I'm sure he got an apology, they definitley came down on his side anyway. 

Ok lets go back to shouting and blowing each other up so. ::)
I think Gnevin that pog is referring to the bad attitude of the ruc that was promised to be weeded out by changing the name to psni.
However I have said it on here before that the problem is that despite a new intake of nationalist/southern Irish into the lower recruit ranks of the psni, the top brass/higher admin officer levels are still the same perseonnel and the same attitude pervades down from the higher levels - just like attitude and ethos of a private company pervades down and filters towards the lower levels of the organisational structure.

Until this is addressed, the harrassment of a young lad with a hurley and cases like it that are idiotic - and taking the piss with the sole intention of harrassing nationalist class/race of people in the north - will never change.

pintsofguinness

wtf? who said that?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2009, 01:50:36 PM

wtf? who said that?

If you believe nothing has changed or can then what's the point in trying .We should all just go back to the bad old days.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Keyser soze

Shortly after the recent murder of the 2 soldiers in Antrim I was in a bar in mixed company and a policeman who is a Detective Inspector in the murder squad, whom i would know as an acquaintance, said to me '**** [my name] you're involved with the GAA, you'd have an insight into the thinking of the people who carried this out'

I replied that 'it was this type of statement that got Sean Brown and a lot of other innocent gaels murdered!'

I was really disgusted so he then tried to say that he didn't mean it to sound like it did. For me this shows the mindset of the greater unionist community with regard to the GAA, we are painted as 'the IRA at play' and in the eyes of the many non-nationalists we are a legitimate target. This man, who you would hope would have his finger on the pulse of society displayed a completely unbalanced view of the GAA. God knows if this is the view of the cogniscenti what aren't the knuckle draggers thinking. I thought afterwards that if he as a senior detective, whom one would assume would be able to choose his words carefully, could come out with a statement like this to my face God only knows what he would be saying in the station to his colleagues who were like minded?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2009, 04:02:49 PM

wtf? who said that?

If you believe nothing has changed or can then what's the point in trying .We should all just go back to the bad old days.
Will you quit talking shite. 

tyssam5

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 27, 2009, 01:20:46 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 27, 2009, 01:18:23 PM

What about a fight then, When punches and kicks are thrown. Would these not be deemed "offensive weapons"?

Only if you are Chuck Norris!

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2009, 05:00:06 PM

wtf? who said that?

::)
Well explained point

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2009, 06:55:59 PM

wtf? who said that?

Well explained point
What am I suppose to be explaining, no even mentioned or suggested going back to the "bad old days."

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2009, 07:08:29 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2009, 06:55:59 PM

wtf? who said that?

Well explained point
What am I suppose to be explaining, no even mentioned or suggested going back to the "bad old days."

You claim nothing changes or ever will . So NI hasn't changed in the past 15 years?