glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Seen that Bunker. Huge respect to them but aye, know what yer sayin

Tony Baloney

Brandon Flowers looks like he could save my soul for a contribution to his church.

RedHand88

Tony Baloney

He has some back catalogue to call on.

thewobbler

Brilliant Elton.

Completely in touch with what people want.

Glastonbury is bucked when the legends of the 60s-80s all end up in the music hall in the sky.

But for now, wow

square_ball

That 2 hours has flown in. Deadly stuff.

Milltown Row2

Ones on making excuses for Rose last night saying he's 61 one don't expect his voice to be great! This lad is 77
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Great show man and performer and doesn't need to jump around the stage

FermGael

Lucky enough to see Elton a decade ago
He's still got it and he keeps it simple
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2023, 09:58:22 PM
Debbie Harry (77) Cat Stevens (74) Chrissie Hynde (71) Elton John (76) Candi Staton (83) all performing at Glastonbury this weekend.
Are there no young people in the Rock n Roll business anymore?

"rock is dead." Gene Simmons of Kiss claimed a few years ago

Rock is dead because if we play the game from 1958 until 1988, which is 30 years, you had Elvis, The Beatles, The Stones, Pink Floyd, and on and on and on,". "And you can go to the heavy part of it, which is Metallica, Maiden, if you want to put KISS in there, that's fine. AC/DC, on and on and on. Even U2, Prince, Bowie, Eagles. And then you get to disco stuff, and Madonna, and that stuff, and Motown, of course. And then from 1988 until today, who's the new Beatles?"

"I've heard a reaction of Foo Fighters, one of my favorite bands, but you're kidding yourself. There's also the boy bands: NSYNC, One Direction, BTS, and good for them that they've got success. Don't kid yourself. As soon as those girls are gonna grow a little bit older, that's going to go away. It's like sugar: you taste it, it gives you that little energy boost, and then it's gone forever and you don't care. But don't kid yourself, it ain't The Beatles. They don't write songs, they don't play instruments, it ain't that. And we all love Elvis, never wrote a song in his life. There's just nothing that compares to The Beatles."

"The reason for that is not because there's a lack of talent, but because young folks, that kid living in his mom's basement, decided one day that he didn't want to pay for music. He wanted to download and file share. And that's what killed the chances for the next generation of great bands. The fact that the music was for free. So nowadays new bands don't have a chance."

"It's like flowers — people water them and make sure there's enough sun and all that stuff. And as soon as you take your eyes off and you don't water the flowers, they will die. And people wonder why there aren't beautiful flowers. Well, because you don't water them

"'Rock is dead' — you bet your ass it is — not because the talent isn't there, but because the business model just doesn't work,"  "And so that leaves live performances. that people go out to the local clubs and see all the new bands and support new bands. Like a baby that's on the floor, go up there, pick that baby up and coddle it, give it love, because those new bands need your love."

"It's not going to affect me. I make a living, but the new bands need the love and attention. Don't just go see Metallica and Taylor [Swift] or KISS. On the weekends, go to a place that's got live music. And I don't mean guys that press a button and do EDM. That's fine, too. But that guy, if you put an instrument in his hands, wouldn't have a clue what to do with it — never wrote a song, wouldn't know what an A minor, A major or a seventh is. You need to support the new generation of talented people who are musicians and writers and so on. Don't let the robots take away everything."

Good 2hr set from Elton John tonight.

AustinPowers

Quote from: thewobbler on June 25, 2023, 10:33:49 PM
Brilliant Elton.

Glastonbury is bucked when the legends of the 60s-80s all end up in the music hall in the sky.

But for now, wow

Did he  play "I'm Dill Danding"?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 25, 2023, 11:33:36 PM
Brilliant Elton.

But for now, wow

Yes 😃😉
Showed that clip to wifey earlier. Thankfully he was better tonight

Rudi

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 25, 2023, 11:39:03 PM
Brilliant Elton.

But for now, wow

Yes 😃😉

Ah jaysus would ya stop. Are ya an Irish man >:(

Milltown Row2

From stepping off the stage last night, Elton landed in his garden in Windsor 39 minutes later!! I took longer to queue up for the showers at the place than it did for him to get home!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Rudi on June 26, 2023, 09:13:12 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 25, 2023, 11:39:03 PM
Brilliant Elton.

But for now, wow

Yes 😃😉

Ah jaysus would ya stop. Are ya an Irish man >:(

Dont be rude, Rudi
What would you rather i called her