Gaelic Tag

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 25, 2009, 11:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Following on from the massive success of the first league there is a 1 day blitz on October 17th for anyone interested. €150 a team, guaranteed 4 matches with the top 2 going thru to the knockout rounds.
Rules have worked out very well in practice, think rveryone who played really enjoyed it.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

lynchbhoy

how many people/teams did you get playing M4S ?

Sounds great - well done !

Mayo4Sam

Got 16 teams, so 2 leagues of 8. It'll begetter when there's more teams, so games were one sided with absolute beginners playing footballers but every team won a game.

Mayo4Sam

Reference in today's Irish Times for this today.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/1006/1224255981550.html

mountainboii

This boy is on Newstalk now.

Mayo4Sam

Just seeing this now AFS, why did u think?

mountainboii

Aye, it was grand. Is it going well?

The Blegard

Well done MFS. Excellent idea. look what 20/20 has done for cricket. Gaa is great but its very hard to field 15 players just to start. Mixed football is great as it involves people who would never normally have a go and at the end of the day its better for you than sitting at home staring at the box. This would work well overseas with small irish communities and could only be for the good of GAA
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

Mayo4Sam

Going great, it'll be in Dublin & Tralee this yr & hopefully cork if I can get a pitch. But everyone seemed to enjoy it & are keen to play it this year