Man on the moon - 40 years ago

Started by bcarrier, June 21, 2009, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

I dont buy into the whole moon landing thing either. 40 years ago they done it no problem. now they come across all these problems now.  ::) wsant there a theory that it was filmed.... and that the american flag was flapping in the wind... what wind? its space how could this be. dont buy it at all it was faked IMO.

Great story about Mr Gorsky thou  :D
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Gnevin

Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 11:36:56 AM
I dont buy into the whole moon landing thing either. 40 years ago they done it no problem. now they come across all these problems now.  ::) wsant there a theory that it was filmed.... and that the american flag was flapping in the wind... what wind? its space how could this be. dont buy it at all it was faked IMO.

Great story about Mr Gorsky thou  :D

The wind theory has been debunked several times now. The flag only moves after it was touched .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

longball

Suggested motives for a hoax
Several motives are given by hoax proponents for the U.S. government to fake the Moon landings.

Cold War prestige — The U.S. government considered it vital that the U.S. win the space race against the Soviet Union. Going to the Moon would be risky and expensive. (John F. Kennedy famously said that the U.S. chose to go because it was hard).[13] Bill Kaysing maintained that, despite close monitoring by the Soviet Union, it would have been easier for the U.S. to fake it, and consequently guarantee success, than for the U.S. actually to go.[9] p. 29
Money — NASA raised approximately $30 billion to go to the Moon. Bill Kaysing claims that this amount could have been used to pay off a large number of people, providing significant motivation for complicity.[9] p. 71
Risk — This argument assumes that the problems early in the space program were insurmountable, even by a technology team fully motivated and funded to fix the problems. Kaysing claimed that the chance of a successful landing on the moon was calculated to be 0.017%.[9] pp. 26–40
Distraction — According to hoax proponents, the U.S. government benefited from a popular distraction from the Vietnam war. Lunar activities suddenly stopped, with planned missions cancelled, around the same time that the U.S. ceased its involvement in the Vietnam War.[14] (However, the Apollo program was cancelled several years before the Vietnam War ended.[15])
Delivering the promise — To seemingly fulfill President Kennedy's 1961 promise "to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth."[16]

wikipedia

jimbo

Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 12:01:30 PM
Suggested motives for a hoax
Several motives are given by hoax proponents for the U.S. government to fake the Moon landings.

Cold War prestige — The U.S. government considered it vital that the U.S. win the space race against the Soviet Union. Going to the Moon would be risky and expensive. (John F. Kennedy famously said that the U.S. chose to go because it was hard).[13] Bill Kaysing maintained that, despite close monitoring by the Soviet Union, it would have been easier for the U.S. to fake it, and consequently guarantee success, than for the U.S. actually to go.[9] p. 29
Money — NASA raised approximately $30 billion to go to the Moon. Bill Kaysing claims that this amount could have been used to pay off a large number of people, providing significant motivation for complicity.[9] p. 71
Risk — This argument assumes that the problems early in the space program were insurmountable, even by a technology team fully motivated and funded to fix the problems. Kaysing claimed that the chance of a successful landing on the moon was calculated to be 0.017%.[9] pp. 26–40
Distraction — According to hoax proponents, the U.S. government benefited from a popular distraction from the Vietnam war. Lunar activities suddenly stopped, with planned missions cancelled, around the same time that the U.S. ceased its involvement in the Vietnam War.[14] (However, the Apollo program was cancelled several years before the Vietnam War ended.[15])
Delivering the promise — To seemingly fulfill President Kennedy's 1961 promise "to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth."[16]

wikipedia

Yeah the Bible of the internet.  :D

longrunsthefox

It happened and I saw it live on TV so get over it

jimbo

jimbo

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 22, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

I take it you were in Western Australia at the time?

longball

[edit] Deaths of key Apollo personnel
In a television program about the hoax allegations, Fox Entertainment Group listed the deaths of ten astronauts and of two civilians related to the manned spaceflight program as having possibly been killed as part of a cover-up.

Ted Freeman (T-38 crash, 1964)
Elliott See and Charlie Bassett (T-38 accident, 1966)
Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967). His son Scott Grissom said the accident was a murder.[78] Bill Kaysing also makes this claim.[9], p. 41
Edward Higgins "Ed" White (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967)
Roger Chaffee (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967)
Edward "Ed" Givens (car accident, 1967)
Clifton "C. C." Williams (T-38 accident, October 1967)
X-15 pilot Michael J. "Mike" Adams (the only X-15 pilot killed during the X-15 flight test program in November 1967 - not a NASA astronaut, but had flown X-15 above 50 miles).
Robert Henry Lawrence, Jr., scheduled to be an Air Force Manned Orbiting Laboratory pilot, who died in a jet crash in December 1967, shortly after reporting for duty to that (later canceled) program.
NASA worker Thomas Baron (automobile collision with train, 1967 shortly after making accusations before Congress about the cause of the Apollo 1 fire, after which he was fired). Ruled as suicide. Baron was a quality control inspector who wrote a report critical of the Apollo program and was an outspoken critic after the Apollo 1 fire. Baron and his family were killed as their car was struck by a train at a train crossing.[78][79]
Brian Welch, a leading official in NASA's Public Affairs Office, died a few months after appearing in the media to debunk the Fox pro-moon hoax television show cited above. (James Oberg, "Lessons of the 'Fake Moon Flight' Myth," Skeptical Inquirer, March/April 2003, pp. 23, 30.)
All but one of the astronaut deaths (Irwin's) were directly related to their job with NASA or the Air Force. Two of the astronauts, Mike Adams and Robert Lawrence, had no connection with the civilian manned space program. Astronaut James Irwin had suffered several heart attacks in the years prior to his death. There is no independent confirmation of Gelvani's claim that Irwin was about to come forward. All except two of the deaths occurred at least one or two years before Apollo 11 and the subsequent flights.

longball

Ive seen WWE live before and know its fake just because u see it ony TV doesnt make it real! NO1 can really prove this apart from the ones the were 'there'. Unfortunatly for the ones that didnt make the big bucks out of the 'landing' most of them ended up buried in the ground. funny that. The truth will all come out eventually.

ludermor

Quote from: milltown row on June 21, 2009, 10:05:25 PM
what annoys me is this. if they did it 40 years ago, why don't they do it again????

surely it must be a simple task compared to 4o years ago

Probably the same reason they havent improved on Concorde

Irenses

After 40 years of peoples claims it is fake can anyone give one solid piece of evidence that is was fake. Evidence that is not just speculation but 100% indisputable. I've yet to see it.

If you want 100% evidence that it is real I point to the reflectors they left up there that any half decent astronomer anywhere in the world can find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_Experiment

Gnevin

Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 12:25:48 PM

Ive seen WWE live before and know its fake just because u see it ony TV doesnt make it real! NO1 can really prove this apart from the ones the were 'there'. Unfortunatly for the ones that didnt make the big bucks out of the 'landing' most of them ended up buried in the ground. funny that. The truth will all come out eventually.
What evidence have you that the landings where faked?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

jimbo

Quote from: Gnevin on June 22, 2009, 01:01:28 PM
Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 12:25:48 PM

What evidence have you that the landings where faked?

Think he's relying heavily on wikipedia.  :D :D

longball

i have no evidence that they were faked never have i said that they def are faked i said that no1 will ever know except the ones that were there. all im saying is that i dont buy into it. cant see how they could do it 40 years ago not a bother and now they cant seems funny to me. but as i say this is just my opinion and dont take offence i dont wanta spoil peoples memories.

hi wasnt it amazing when that spider bit peter parker and now he has superpowers. it was on v it must be true.

pintsofguinness

what evidence have you that it was real gnevin? you seen some footage of it?
A thousand people wouldnt need to be involved in a simple recording sent to nasa control. 

The "moonlanding" was simply a brillant and perfectly executed PR stunt.  Fair play to those involved, imo, they fooled the world. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?