Racist attacks in Belfast

Started by ludermor, June 17, 2009, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I'm ashamed and embarrassed of my fellow Irish man and woman in Belfast. This is disgraceful behaviour. The poor Romanians are coming to the north for a better live.

However I am also disgusted as to how the reasoning on this thread has turned.

This is NOT a Protestant v Catholic issuse. It's not even a Protestant v immigrant issuse. It IS a scum v decent people issue.
Testing Accessibility

gawa316

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2009, 01:53:37 PM
I'm ashamed and embarrassed of my fellow Irish man and woman in Belfast. This is disgraceful behaviour. The poor Romanians are coming to the north for a better live.

This is NOT a Protestant v Catholic issuse. It's not even a Protestant v immigrant issuse. It IS a scum v decent people issue.

Well said

lynchbhoy

'equalise alert'

there are nationalist areas as bad as the protestant ones - eg ballymena wasnt it where those bebo links were from that were posted on here round halloween time?

theres a few more spring to mind also, but rather than have tyronies and a few other fellas go mad and turn this thread into a row I'll not post where.

I think the north seems to be racist, with a bit of it in the south also - but the gov imo are to blame for its uneven dole/benefit mess.

Also all Irish going to america got work, if they didnt they came home as there were no benefit/dole being dished out to people.
The green card system sorted out their problems, so you cant equate these poor folk in to the paddys that went stateside.

Paddys in England you can though.

Poor romanians, if they are roma - then they are hated by the romanians too !

longrunsthefox

For all his failings I have to say Nolan really tore into the racists phoning in this morning. Fair play to him-he did well.

Derry Dolly

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 17, 2009, 02:16:05 PM
For all his failings I have to say Nolan really tore into the racists phoning in this morning. Fair play to him-he did well.
wat he say?more to the point,what were the racists saying? >:(

illdecide

Well said Ziggy and not a mention of a female :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 17, 2009, 02:21:35 PM
wat he say?more to the point,what were the racists saying? >:(

He just tore f** out of them -they were usual about these people shud not be here blah blah... I don't even want to repeat what they were saying

Chrisowc

Quote from: Orior on June 17, 2009, 01:39:57 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 17, 2009, 10:59:31 AM
Quote from: Orior on June 17, 2009, 10:56:55 AM
Quote from: Yes I Would on June 17, 2009, 10:53:03 AM
The unionist politicans condemnation of this is deafening.

Pure hatred is all it is!!
These pro-nazi hoods no doubt will be wearing proudly their poppies in another few months to display their britishness, to remember the fallen of  WWII, when, thats right the nazis and fascism were crushed.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the hoods will also be at Windsor supporting OWC.

What kept you Orior?  I was expecting the blame to be put on Norn Iron fans long before post 18.

Do you reckon they're not OWC fans?

Tony is looking for you in one of the Linfield/IFA threads.  Ask him.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Doogie Browser

He eats these kind of people for breakfast.

ziggysego

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2009, 02:21:41 PM

Well said Ziggy and not a mention of a female :P

Feck off!  :D
Testing Accessibility

Chrisowc

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 17, 2009, 02:29:17 PM
He eats these kind of people for breakfast.

For starters!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Orior

I am missing a large part of the news, because I've never heard of eastern Europeans being stoned or chased out of nationalist areas.

It must be my bigotted blind spot  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nifan

You must not be paying attention orior, as it has certainly happened, and lets not forget many many attacks will go under the radar. Im sure if you where really inclined you could find some.

It is as has been said more prevelant in loyalist ares for the reasons sketched out above - partly due to the larger numbers living in the protestant areas, and also due to some of the scummy links some groups have with c18 etc.

nrico2006

Without getting into the row about religion, but it seems to be a consistent news item of racist attacks in protestant areas of Belfast whether it be on Chinese, Polish or now Romanian.  I for one condemn the attacks, no place for them.  I saw first hand the effect it hand on a neighbour of mine who was Polish and had paint bombs thrown at his apartment and car a few months back in a loyalist area of Lurgan.  He had done nothing wrong and was so frightened after it, it brought home the fear these attacks (by more than likely a 15 year old hood) can impress on an individual and it was not nice.  He was simply targeted because he had a Polish Satellite dish, and the brainiacs who perpetrated the attack did the same a week later and even a few months later when he had moved (this time putting windows through – his apartment was a ground floor one).  These attacks on my neighbour were away before the Poland and N.Ireland games too so I bear to think what would have happened to him if he had still been living there at that time.  I haven't heard much more about the attacks since the news this morning, but how did a 100 odd Romanians get removed at once – were they living in one house?  Was there a co-ordinated attack on all the Romanians in the area or was it simply a co-ordinated attack on a street which is all Romanian?  It just seems strange that 115 were removed in one go, I find it hard to believe that these were all attacked.  
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Am a bit cynical too NRico. I would say when word spread of food and perhaps the possibiity of better housing (and with the media interest this story has attracted it will happen), and maybe an oul collection thrown in the numbers swelled significantly. I could be totally wrong
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"