Confederations Cup 2009

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 14, 2009, 11:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Archie Mitchell

2-2 now. Fabiano again. The Brazil subs have made the difference.

Archie Mitchell

3-2 Brazil. Lucio header from yet another superb Elano delivery. Some comeback from Brazil.

Denn Forever

World order restored.  Phew
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

orangeman

magickingdom

gutted, loved to see the states do it. still they played well, like to see ireland do that

question, if the confederations cup is all the inter continental champions how come brazil and argentina were in the last one in germany?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: magickingdom on June 28, 2009, 09:32:07 PM
gutted, loved to see the states do it. still they played well, like to see ireland do that

question, if the confederations cup is all the inter continental champions how come brazil and argentina were in the last one in germany?

Brazil were there as World Champions, Argentina as South American champions. Spain and Italy were both in it this year.

It must have been every 2 years at 1 stage because they were saying before the match that it was 6 years since Marc Vivienne Foe died.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Archie Mitchell

It ran every 2 years from 1997 to 2005 and will now only happen every 4 years, the year before the World Cup.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2009, 09:46:16 PM
Why did a number of Brazillians put their shirts on back to front?

Because they are not wise.

Brazil will be hard to stop in the World Cup next year. They have improved alot since the last World Cup and can now defend as well as attack.

DennistheMenace

Brazil won't win the world-cup with that defence and how Gilberto still gets on is amazing.

My money would be on the Spanairds.

tyssam5

Brazil were 5-1 on paddypower.com at HT, I was tempted but unfortunately steered clear. US had a good tournament, hard to fathom after 3-0 and 3-1 defeats to start with, funny how the margins between abject failure and reasonable performance can be so tight. I like Bradley (not Paddy), at least he has a go at the big team and doesn't just sit back.