Gaelic Football on BBC Breakfast

Started by carnaross, June 13, 2009, 08:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Minder

Does anyone care if they are playing gaelic football in France?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gnevin

Quote from: Minder on June 13, 2009, 04:45:08 PM
People in France, the GAA themselves , the European county board, the FFFG  ,the clubs in France.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Anyone seen the bit on youtube of a report on some american news show. Some fella does a report on it, and keeps calling it irish football. Maybe i should enter this comment to the 'grinding of gears' thread instead...  >:( >:(

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

I cant find the thread anywhere now sorry!!

Square Ball

Yip, I do, the more the merrier. Promote the GAA as much s possible and show what a fantastic product we have
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rav67

I'm sure exiles in France would be delighted to know its growing.

imtommygunn

Gees imagine the day came where we had an english team in the AI final...

Gnevin

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2009, 07:11:42 PM
Gees imagine the day came where we had an english team in the AI final...
London have  played in several All-Ireland's and won one.

imtommygunn

They haven't won, or played for, Sam yet.

Liam neither.

ardal

Gaelic football is recognised as an "offical sport" in France which is a major development for the promotion of the sport. Some of their teams are made up of local plays only, the same as Naomh Fermin in Pamplona / Iruna in Spain. The ECB are currently spear heading a campaign to get Olympic acceptance and thus a greater potential for funding from Local gov. Don't dig it, there are people working their huevos off for the GAA throughout Europe.

Square Ball

Quote from: ardal on June 13, 2009, 07:33:44 PM
Gaelic football is recognised as an "offical sport" in France which is a major development for the promotion of the sport. Some of their teams are made up of local plays only, the same as Naomh Fermin in Pamplona / Iruna in Spain. The ECB are currently spear heading a campaign to get Olympic acceptance and thus a greater potential for funding from Local gov. Don't dig it, there are people working their huevos off for the GAA throughout Europe.

fair play to them, every one of them
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gnevin

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2009, 07:16:29 PM
They haven't won, or played for, Sam yet.

Liam neither.

A minor technicality.

Farrandeelin

Jays Gnevin, it does sound funny when you mentioned the European County Board!! :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Watcher Pat

Are any of these guys eligible to play for Antrim??
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME