Qualifiers

Started by wobbller, June 10, 2009, 03:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 21, 2009, 11:00:35 PM
So the Down match will be in London?

Said on the Sunday Game that London will be at home.

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2009, 11:05:19 PM
Great draw for Down players and management.
Bad draw for Down supporters.

Good draw for the nancy boy footballers of Down.

I believe Ross has booked them all to go see "Hello Dolly" in the West End, followed by a trip to Buckingham Palace.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lfdown2

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2009, 11:05:19 PM
Great draw for Down players and management.
Bad draw for Down supporters.

not all the supporters!! ;D

Trevor Hill

I wish we had been drawn against stronger opposition, but London is a great venue for a match. Where would you rather be on a Saturday night, watching the Lurgan champagne brigade pissing in the diamond or the West End of London til the early hours  ;)

Hound

Another very entertaining GAA draw.

"Hold on a minute, I've something written down somewhere here about Donegal."

"Cill Mhantain - Westmeath"

"Leitrim - gave the qualifiers a miss last year"

:D

meathie

Think it was the longest drawn out draw ever! from a Meath point of view, if we dont beat Waterford at home (sorry Waterford no disrespect meant) then we should never be allowed in the championship again. I think it will hot up once the first round is over though. also think Offaly v Wexford might be a good game. both lost to Kildare, might be a good battle.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on June 22, 2009, 09:52:50 AM
Another very entertaining GAA draw.

"Hold on a minute, I've something written down somewhere here about Donegal."

"Cill Mhantain - Westmeath"

"Leitrim - gave the qualifiers a miss last year"

:D

Sure was. I thought Trevor Welsh was doing a great job up until then, certainly miles better than the last time I heard him commentate. "Cill Mhantain - Westmeath" was a cracker...  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Archie Mitchell

Qualifer Round 1
Saturday 4th Jul 2009
Time Venue Team 1 Team 2 Referee
7 00 PM Ballybofey Donegal Carlow TBC
7 00 PM Clones Monaghan Armagh TBC
7 00 PM Páirc Tailteann Meath Waterford TBC
7 00 PM Aughrim Wicklow Fermanagh TBC
7 00 PM Wexford Park Wexford Offaly TBC
7 00 PM Drogheda Louth Tipperary TBC
7 00 PM Páirc Esler, Newry Down London TBC
7 00 PM Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada Leitrim Longford TBC

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 22, 2009, 04:27:12 PM
Qualifer Round 1
Saturday 4th Jul 2009
7 00 PM Wexford Park Wexford Offaly TBC
It looks odds on that for the second year in a row Offaly supporters get shafted by the fixtures.
The hurlers will be in action at the exact same time against Cork in Tullamore.
This after having gone 6 weeks without a game.
If it was Dublin, Cork or Galway, the GAA simply wouldn't put them in this situation.

Last year supporters had to choose between the football qualifier against Down in Tullamore or the hurling against Waterford in Thurles.
The only way for one dual player, Sean Ryan could catch the end of the football match was to leave Thurles by chopper.

If we only bothered with one code, we wouldn't have these sort of dilemmas I suppose.

Our Nail Loney

14:00    Donegal v Carlow 1/25 18/1 9/1

14:00    Monaghan v Armagh 5/4 7/1 4/5

14:00    Meath v Waterford 1/25 18/1 9/1

14:00    Wicklow v Fermanagh 5/4 15/2 4/5

14:00    Wexford v Offaly 8/15 15/2 7/4

14:00    Louth v Tipperary 4/6 15/2 6/4

14:00    London v Down    12/1 18/1 1/50

14:00    Leitrim v Longford 11/10 15/2 10/11

joemamas

Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2009, 08:38:04 AM
4 July
First round qualifiers
8 matches involving the 16 teams who lost prior to provincial semi finals

11 July
2nd round qualifiers
8 matches, the 8 winners from round 1 against the 8 losing provincial semi-finalists (losing semi finalists cannot play each other)

18 July
3rd round qualfiers
4 matches, involving the 8 winners from round 2

25 July
4th round qualifiers
4 matches involving the 4 winners from round 3 against the 4 losing provincial finalists (losing finalists cannot play each other)

1/2/3 August
All Ireland quarter-final
4 provincial champions against the 4 winners from round 4
Cannot have a repeat of a provincial final

So the games come thick and fast. Very tough as somebody entering the first round stage would have to play 5 games on successive weekends. Even Kerry would have to play 4 weekends in succession. But I suppose it should be tough for qualifiers. Though there are invariably games put back a week for one reason or another.
Is it me or is the individual(s) responsible for the dates schedule smoking something. All that has to happen once over the course of the next four week is for one draw(unless teams are playing to the death) and the q/final schedule (when the real championship begins) along with may I add the club championships of those same counties. would love to get an explanation from somebody in the know.

Caid

14:00    Wicklow v Fermanagh 5/4 15/2 4/5

Not much in that. Bookies not so slow. Wicklow should actually start favourite....
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Maguire01

Looking like some handy draws in the second round - Cavan, Laois, Westmeath, Clare, Roscommon... hard to see those heads not dropping.

Although if Monaghan were able to get past Armagh next week, i'd have little doubt that we'd be drawn against either Kerry or Derry!

Trevor Hill

Kerry are the only team that you want to avoid, the rest are beatable on the day.

joemamas

Quote from: joemamas on June 28, 2009, 06:54:54 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2009, 08:38:04 AM
4 July
First round qualifiers
8 matches involving the 16 teams who lost prior to provincial semi finals

11 July
2nd round qualifiers
8 matches, the 8 winners from round 1 against the 8 losing provincial semi-finalists (losing semi finalists cannot play each other)

18 July
3rd round qualfiers
4 matches, involving the 8 winners from round 2

25 July
4th round qualifiers
4 matches involving the 4 winners from round 3 against the 4 losing provincial finalists (losing finalists cannot play each other)

1/2/3 August
All Ireland quarter-final
4 provincial champions against the 4 winners from round 4
Cannot have a repeat of a provincial final

So the games come thick and fast. Very tough as somebody entering the first round stage would have to play 5 games on successive weekends. Even Kerry would have to play 4 weekends in succession. But I suppose it should be tough for qualifiers. Though there are invariably games put back a week for one reason or another.
Is it me or is the individual(s) responsible for the dates schedule smoking something. All that has to happen once over the course of the next four week is for one draw(unless teams are playing to the death) and the q/final schedule (when the real championship begins) along with may I add the club championships of those same counties. would love to get an explanation from somebody in the know.

for clarity urposes, I meant to say that a draw in the qualifiers would mess up the entire schedule. Does anybody know the format of games regarding extra-time. As the entire country is looking at August Bank holiday to the real beginning of the 2009 c/ship, wouldnt it be ironic if that weekends games are foulded up due to poor fixture oversight. also for the supporters involved trying to plan ahead.