Qualifiers

Started by wobbller, June 10, 2009, 03:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Mushroom pickers v Apple pickers is the tie of the round. Pity that all the games are on the same day, would have gone to that.

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2009, 06:27:51 PM
QuoteA motion was passed at congress that if you play away the previous year in the 1st qualifer round, you are guaranteed a home tie the next year.

it is a pity and typical, that TV3 do not know this, although it was mentioned in the papers.

it's a pity that you don't know that the Central CCC made a decision earlier this week (which overrules congress motion) that the first team drawn has home advantage - no exceptions !

Trevor Hill

Quote from: BigJohnBrowne on June 21, 2009, 07:16:30 PM
QuoteA motion was passed at congress that if you play away the previous year in the 1st qualifer round, you are guaranteed a home tie the next year.

it is a pity and typical, that TV3 do not know this, although it was mentioned in the papers.

it's a pity that you don't know that the Central CCC made a decision earlier this week (which overrules congress motion) that the first team drawn has home advantage - no exceptions !

Its a pity that the whole thing hasnt been cleared up by this stage. One source says one thing the next says the opposite.

armaghniac

Quoteit's a pity that you don't know that the Central CCC made a decision earlier this week (which overrules congress motion) that the first team drawn has home advantage - no exceptions !

If this is the case, and the papers are wrong, then some mention of the issue before the TV draw would have been good.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 21, 2009, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: BigJohnBrowne on June 21, 2009, 07:16:30 PM

Its a pity that the whole thing hasnt been cleared up by this stage. One source says one thing the next says the opposite.

it's a pity ...... !

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2009, 07:32:01 PM
Quoteit's a pity that you don't know that the Central CCC made a decision earlier this week (which overrules congress motion) that the first team drawn has home advantage - no exceptions !

If this is the case, and the papers are wrong, then some mention of the issue before the TV draw would have been good.

TV3 did mention that all 1st teams have a home game in all qualifiers drawn this evening - but your right all of the miss info. is poor journalism.

Caid

Predictions

Monaghan Armagh
Donegal    Carlow
London    Down
Wicklow   Fermanagh
Leitrim   Longford Draw
Wexford Offaly
Louth  Tipperary
Meath    Waterford
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

tbrick18

When are the first round games?
And when is the draw for teh second round made?

Archie Mitchell

Schkite

I'd imagine the second round draw would be made directly after the first round games are finished as they're only a week later.

Archie Mitchell

Qualifier

04.07.2009 (Sat)
Round One – (Open Draw)
This Round shall include all the Counties that do not qualify for Provincial Semi-Finals.
(Draw to take place on the 21st of June 2009 on TV3)

11.07.2009 (Sat)
Round Two – (Draw)
Each of the eight teams defeated in the Provincial Semi-Finals shall play against one of the eight winners from Round 1.
(Draw to take place on the 5th of July 2009 on TV3)

18.07.2009 (Sat)
Round Three (Draw)
This Round shall involve the eight winners of Round 2.
(Draw to take place on the 12th of July 2009 on RTE2)

25/25.07.2009 (Sat/Sun)
Round Four (Draw)
Each of the four teams defeated in the Provincial Finals shall play against one of the four Winners of Round 3.
(Draw to take place on the 19th of July 2009 on RTE2)

1/2/3.08.2009 (Sat/Sun/Mon)
All Ireland Quarter-Finals (Draw)

Each of the four Provincial Champions shall play one of the four Winners from Round
Round 4. Subject to the respect Provincial Champions not meeting the defeated Finalists from their own Province in this Round.
(Draw to take place on the 26th of July 2009 on RTE2)

23.08.2009 (Sun)
All Ireland Semi Final

*Mumha v *Uladh

30.08.2009 (Sun)
All Ireland Semi Final

*Laighin v *Connacht

* The Provincial Champions or a team that defeats them

20.09.09 (Sun) - (04.10.09 Replay)

All Ireland Final

Semi-Final Winner v Semi-Final Winner

Gnevin

A decidedly average draw. Monaghan and Armagh is the only one I'm looking forward too.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

norabeag

London v Down
a good excuse for our spice boys to strut their stuff in the west end. ::)

western exile

What have Monaghan done to upset the lottery gods?  Every year they are drawn against the most difficult opponent available!

Irenses

Quote from: Gnevin on June 21, 2009, 09:21:07 PM
A decidedly average draw. Monaghan and Armagh is the only one I'm looking forward too.

To be fair what kind of draw were you expecting? Without wanting to sound to disrespectful to the weaker counties when I saw who was in the hat I didn't see much scope for any glamour ties so from a neutral point of view to get one glamour tie so early is a bonus. Plus I think Wicklow v Fermanagh could be a decent affair too. I fancy Wicklow to surprise people there. And Leitrim Longford is a rarely seen local derby so overall I thought it was a better than average draw.

Btw did anyone else notice our president Christy Cooney didn't know the Irish for Wicklow?

Our Nail Loney

So the Down match will be in London?