Waterford vs Limerick, Thurles

Started by Waterford Lurker, June 08, 2009, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieMerx

Nah, we can only hate one county at a time Reillers ;) Sorry but until another county pisses us off you may just accept that Cork are public enemy number 1.

Reillers

Quote from: EddieMerx on June 12, 2009, 01:15:05 PM
Nah, we can only hate one county at a time Reillers ;) Sorry but until another county pisses us off you may just accept that Cork are public enemy number 1.

Meh, been there, done that.. ;)
A small bit hypocritical, but whatever, people love to hate Cork.

EddieMerx

Honestly, I'd love for Justin to get revenge for the way he was treated.

Bing Crosby .

Where are all the hurling people ? Thiss forum has a serious shortfall in hurling posters . Drip drip drip is all it is , FFS , what are your  opinions ?

Reillers

I hope Limerick do a number on Waterford. I really, really do.

orangeman

Isn't it ironic that a year on from the whole bitterness in Wateford that Big Dan is on the bench and there's hardly a word about it ??

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on June 12, 2009, 06:08:26 PM
Isn't it ironic that a year on from the whole bitterness in Wateford that Big Dan is on the bench and there's hardly a word about it ??

Almost 500 pages of people whining about the Cork hurlers and not a word about Waterford when at the end of the day what they did was 100 times worse, but no, lets not give out about them right.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on June 12, 2009, 06:45:10 PM

Almost 500 pages of people whining about the Cork hurlers and not a word about Waterford when at the end of the day what they did was 100 times worse, but no, lets not give out about them right.

I have alluded to it but to suggest that what Waterford did was 100 times worse ??? The perpetual prize for bringing the association into disrepute belongs exclusively to the lads in Cork whose strikes are now the stuff of legend !!.  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on June 12, 2009, 06:53:26 PM

I have alluded to it but to suggest that what Waterford did was 100 times worse ??? The perpetual prize for bringing the association into disrepute belongs exclusively to the lads in Cork whose strikes are now the stuff of legend !!.  ;)

The Waterford players wanted Justin out because they hadn't succeeded with him, they blamed him for their failings year after year, despite him being the reason why they had been so good for so long.
Cork's actions were not a witchhunt because of failures in the previous year, the Cork players actions were based on actions of the CCB, they didn't intentionally go out to stab the man in the back.
It's pretty clear to me. I don't know how you don't see it.  ;)

anglocelt39

Christ Reillers you've proved yourself on one thread, not another, your warped logic knows no bounds
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on June 12, 2009, 07:52:11 PM
Christ Reillers you've proved yourself on one thread, not another, your warped logic knows no bounds

But I'm bored.  ;) ;)

Bing Crosby .

Please please Limerick will you win on Sunday . The pain is too much . I won't be able to hack the pressure of losing another Championship match in Thurlas . I could possibly jump out of the train on the way back if we lose . Oh the pain the pain of losing , it's just too much . We need a win to lift this dark cloud of gloom that's hanging over our city .   

If they can stand up and shake off history and negative expectation and hurl like the clappers for the full seventy I can't see Waterford beating them . Their mental approach is the key factor for this match . If their minds are right their perfomance will be lifted . Limerick hurling now more than ever need success to instill confidence on our youngsters . A confident win on Sunday would be a great start .

anglocelt39

Quote from: Reillers on June 12, 2009, 08:04:52 PM

But I'm bored.  ;) ;)

Boring is the word you're looking for ya little scamp.

But I suppose you are right that Waterford were pretty much on the low side, hounding a legend of the GAA out of his job, a Cork man by the name of McCarthy, now where did I hear that one before. Unlike another group I can think of they did have the decency to publicly acknowledge their very great debt to the same man over several years. As far as I know they didn't organise any funeral boycotts either.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on June 12, 2009, 09:53:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 12, 2009, 08:04:52 PM

But I'm bored.  ;) ;)

Boring is the word you're looking for ya little scamp.

But I suppose you are right that Waterford were pretty much on the low side, hounding a legend of the GAA out of his job, a Cork man by the name of McCarthy, now where did I hear that one before. Unlike another group I can think of they did have the decency to publicly acknowledge their very great debt to the same man over several years. As far as I know they didn't organise any funeral boycotts either.

As far as I know, no one organised any funeral boycott, and there's no proof for that, but I suppose that's what happens when you've simple minded folk listening to all kind of rumours, everything suddenly becomes fact with no evidence to proof so. ;) ;)

heffo

Perhaps the man who's mothers funeral was boycotted in a premeditated act by the GPA ringleaders and who received death threats from the shoppers might beg to differ.