Setanta Sport on the brink of collapse.

Started by mournerambler, June 08, 2009, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: slievegullion on August 06, 2009, 12:40:04 PM
Yeah, your probably getting LFC tv as well?

These channels are free for the moment because theres no deal set-up for anyone to charge for them so I suppose the choice was either close the channel down, charge a single premium for the channel which noone at this stage was likely to pay or just let it go free until they sort out what they're going to do.

Yes, getting LFC TV but just realised there  when pointed out by Fionntamhnach that I am not getting Celtic and Hun TV. Just never noticed that they have been taken off the EPG.

Thanks for explaining that one anyway,  Slievegullion
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

deiseach

The best comedy on TV at the moment is the Real Madrid channel. Each and every one of the presenters is the worst kind of corporate shill. Everything Madrid do is biggerbettershinierwhatever than everybody else. The spirit of Franco is alive and well.

Shortso79

Got ESPN

Bit of good news - if you have multi room you dont have to pay extra to watch in the extra room

Unlike Setanta - who wanted extra money

magickingdom

Quote from: Shortso79 on August 09, 2009, 02:56:35 PM
Got ESPN

Bit of good news - if you have multi room you dont have to pay extra to watch in the extra room

Unlike Setanta - who wanted extra money

who are you with? dont think you can get espn or eurosport2 with choras

Shortso79

With Sky - an extra 9 pounds a month - DC United v Real Madrid on now

Evil Genius

I cancelled my SKY subscription a while back, but kept my Viewing Card, so I still get all the free channels (basically GB FreeSat and a load of utter crap).

Anyhow, yesterday afternoon I was flicking through the channels looking for an alternative to Songs of Praise, when I chance upon the Kilkenny v Waterford Hurling match live on one of those dud channels which I would ordinarily never watch. I think it was "Information TV"(?), which is Sky Channel 166.

Two things struck me about it as weird. First, the coverage had both RTE and Setanta logos. Secondly, the rest of the evening's "entertainment" on that channel was entirely Bingo, TV Shopping and phone-in quizzes etc.

As it happened, I watched a it of the game and it wasn't bad. I was curious to see more of your man Shefflin and he certainly looked a cut above, though maybe I was influenced by the commentary, which was a bit in awe of him?

Btw, how come some of the players seem to wear helmets, whilst others don't?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stephenite

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 10, 2009, 10:48:32 AM
Btw, how come some of the players seem to wear helmets, whilst others don't?

Some players are concerned that Norn Iron fans will be in attendance and wear helmets to protect their heads from coins and other missiles. The others just aren't that concerned that Norn Iron fans will be in attendance :P

Gaffer

Anyone else get a letter yesterday from Setanta?

I did , to tell me that they were resuming taking payments from 23rd September and if I wanted to cancel my subscription there was a number to ring so that they would take no more money fro my account in the future Rang the number and surprise, surprise, constantly engaged. Have to write them a letter to cancel from next month but they are helping themselves to £9.99 of my money tomorrow which they wouldn t be getting if they had sent out the letter in time.

Minder

Quote from: Gaffer on September 24, 2009, 11:46:58 PM

I did , to tell me that they were resuming taking payments from 23rd September and if I wanted to cancel my subscription there was a number to ring so that they would take no more money fro my account in the future Rang the number and surprise, surprise, constantly engaged. Have to write them a letter to cancel from next month but they are helping themselves to £9.99 of my money tomorrow which they wouldn t be getting if they had sent out the letter in time.

Is it Direct Debit? Just cancel it, may be too late though as it takes 24 hrs for the cancellation to take effect I think.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clarshack

I cancelled my direct debit at the start of july plus i sent in a cancellation letter. seemed to have done the trick until yesterday when I noticed that they took £9.99 out of my account yesterday without any kind of notification. might only be £9.99 but it is still fraud. thieving cnuts  >:(

Minder

Quote from: clarshack on September 25, 2009, 09:28:18 AM

I cancelled my direct debit at the start of july plus i sent in a cancellation letter. seemed to have done the trick until yesterday when I noticed that they took £9.99 out of my account yesterday without any kind of notification. might only be £9.99 but it is still fraud. thieving cnuts  >:(

Phone your bank, they ate not authorised to take any money out if you have cancelled the DD.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clarshack

phoned setanta and surprise surprise it was engaged. rang the bank and they cancelled the new DD but said i needed to contact setanta and get them to refund the £9.99. if they dont i have to contact the bank again who will then try and get it out of them. it seems like it could be a lot of hassle just to get £9.99 back.

Shortso79

Same here lads

Cancelled the DD in July - DD was named "Setanta Transmission"

Now the f**kers have taken 9.99 under "Setanta Sports Hib"

Unsure whether I got a letter or not

Have I any fallback

I dont even look at the setanta channels now

Gaffer

I rang my bank on Frday to see if I could stop them taking the money. Turns out that the money had already gone for this monh. The man in the bank I was talking to a said that alot of people onto him about Setanta. They are supposed to give , I think he said, 10 days notice of a DD which they didnt do in this case. I had cancelled my original DD in July but they just set up a new one this month and started to collect.Bank man cancelled the new DD there and then and told me that they could attempt to set up a new one for next month and I was to keep a close eye on my on line banking. I am to ring him immediately and he will stop any attempt by them to collect next month. Its obviously a game of cat and mouse with Setanta and they will chance their arm. I sent them a letter on Friday as well telling them I dont want to subscribe to teir canne. Hopefully they ll take note of that.

Shortso79

Surely Setanta need a signature to set up a new DD ?

The banks must have some liability with no customer signature