County Grounds You Have Been To.

Started by Trevor Hill, June 06, 2009, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathie

L:Dublin, Meath, Carlow, Wexford, Kildare, Laois, Offaly, Wicklow, Westmeath, Longford,
Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
Monaghan, Fermanagh, Antrim, Down, Derry
Kerry, Cork,

meathie

Sorry clicked return too fast there before I finished! anyway, no matter, fav ground is Fitzgerald stadium and worst is deff Clones. Hate when we draw in Clones, nightmare to get and out of.. if on one side and the sun shines, blind for the game  :(

Lone Shark

In Leinster all of them, quite like Longford and Kilkenny, can't abide going to Wexford and wouldn't be the biggest lover of Newbridge either. Aughrim is a lovely venue if it wasn't such a pain in the head to get to.

I've been to Walsh Park but not Fraher Field in Waterford (which is technically the county ground there?) and all the others in Munster, obviously Thurles wins by a country mile.

In Connacht have been to Carrick, Ros, Pearse (but not Tuam) and Ruislip, of those Ruislip wins since I had some great days there when I was in London.

Not that many in Ulster - have been to Clones, Casement, Breffni, and MacCumhaill Park in Ballybofey, but again I'm not sure what the county ground is in Donegal so I don't know if that counts. Casement gets the nod for me out of those.

Overall though, it is hard to beat going to Thurles.

AZOffaly

Quoteobviously Thurles wins by a country mile.

Obviously? I actually prefer Killarney to Thurles, especially for a weekend.

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2009, 09:07:09 PM
Quoteobviously Thurles wins by a country mile.

Obviously? I actually prefer Killarney to Thurles, especially for a weekend.

Killarney for the away trip certainly, but I was going on the basis of assessing the stadia here rather than the extras of going to a game there. That said, I suppose it's a bit unfair to count travelling and parking then if that's the case.