County Grounds You Have Been To.

Started by Trevor Hill, June 06, 2009, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

All 5 in Connacht plus Ruislip and Gaelic Park, NY.

Ulster: Been to Donegal, Antrim, Down, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Cavan. Never to Derry, Armagh or Monaghan's.

Munster: Been to Clare, Kerry - not been to the others (have to get to Thurles some time soon).

Leinster: Been to Meath, Dublin, Wexford, Kildare, Laois, Kilkenny, Longford. Have yet to visit Louth, Offaly, Wicklow, Westmeath.

So 21/32 or 23/34 depending on how you view it.

Favourites would be Fitzgerald Stadium, Nowlan Park and I really like Pearse Park in Longford since its been done up.

Son_of_Sam

Son_of_Sam

Counties whos County Grounds I'v been too.

Connacht: Mayo, Galway, Roscommon, Leitrim, Sligo                  - Favourate - McHale Park, second favourate - Tuam, least favourate - Pearse.

Munster: Cork, Kerry, Clare, Limerick                                        - Favourate - Cusack Park, Ennis

Ulster: Donegal, Moneghan, Tyrone, Cavan, Derry                     - Favourate - Breffni, Cavan Town

Leinster: Dublin, Westmeath, Laois, Kildare, Longford, Carlow                - Favourate - Croke Park & Parnell

I'v been to grounds in Wicklow & Offaly but not the County Grounds.

Billys Boots

QuoteI really like Pearse Park in Longford since its been done up.

Now there's a sensible man, Trevor.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebandit

Breffni is a nice ground alright but its a hoor to get out of.

I like Pairc Esler - good atmosphere in it.

cornafean

Quote from: thebandit on June 08, 2009, 09:57:21 AM
Breffni is a nice ground alright but its a hoor to get out of.

Since the Cavan Bypass opened, there are now several handy enough ways to get out of Cavan after a game, if you study a few maps beforehand (or have a SatNav).
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

T Fearon

Been to every major ground in the country except Fitgerald Stadium in Killarney ( though I have passed by it).

Fond memories of travelling through Thurles one Xmas in the mid 1990s, and stopping a wee man in the town to ask him directions to Semple Stadium. He asked me to open the car door, then jumped in and took us to the stadium opened it up (turned out he was the groundsman) and gave us a personal guided tour. ;D

Favourite grounds include Casement Park and Navan, not keen on Clones nor Omagh. Also always liked the gound in Irvinestown, which sadly no longer seems to be used for inter county games nowadays, mainly bacause Armagh put 5 goals past Tyrone there in 1987! ;D

Also the advances made in ground development are breathtaking. Barely just over 20 years ago,I  remember sitting in a car with an uncle (who sadly is now deceased) of a prominent Tyrone player, at the top of the now terraced side of Casement Park, watching Antrim draw with Tyrone in the Championship. It was a green hill in those days. Also can recall Armagh beating Monaghan in an Ulster semi final at O'Neill Park in Dungannon! Can you imagine watching any Ulster Championship game nowadays from a car, or O'Neill Park in Dungannon getting a championship fixture?

rrhf

Counties whos County Grounds I'v been to. (never been)

Connacht: Mayo, Galway, Roscommon, Leitrim, Sligo
Munster:  Kerry, Tipperary (trip to tipp ;))  (Cork, Limerick, Clare, Waterford,)                                 -
Ulster: Donegal, Monaghan, Tyrone, Cavan, Derry, Antrim, Fermanagh, Down, Armagh.                 

Leinster: Dublin, Westmeath, Laois, Offaly, Kildare, Meath, Longford, Louth, Wexford, (Wicklow, Kilkenny, Carlow )

haveaharp

Quote from: mackers on June 07, 2009, 09:25:40 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 07, 2009, 09:10:50 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 07, 2009, 08:30:03 PM
Armagh's Athletic Gounds has to get a special mention for the broken glass, beer cans etc that always littered the ground BEFORE the crowd even arrived!

Have things not improved since the ground was redeveloped?
As a Down man I have good memories of the Athletic grounds, going there as All Ireland champions in 92 was nice, its been a happy ground for us.
Ignore OTB, everybody else does.

He really is a tosser. His obsession with all things armagh is quite complimentary in a perverse way.

Rossfan

Havent been to County Grounds in Tyrone, Antrim or Wexford.
Favourite apart from Hyde is Breffni Park( although we havent done too well there of late) a real natural amphitheatre created by them misty Breffni drumlins.
We're in the same Division of the NFL as Antrim and Wexford next season so maybe one or both of them will be visited.
Tyrone then the following year in Division 2 as they begin their inevitable slide down the rankings.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on June 08, 2009, 11:28:03 AM
Also always liked the gound in Irvinestown, which sadly no longer seems to be used for inter county games nowadays, mainly bacause Armagh put 5 goals past Tyrone there in 1987! ;D
Monaghan played Fermanagh there in a McKenna Cup game about 3 years ago. It's like a place that time forgot - had to believe it ever held Championship games.

ExiledGael

Haven't been to many outside Ulster but such is life as a Fermanagh fan.

Ulster: Ballybofey, Celtic Park, Casement Park, Pairc Esler, Athletic Grounds, Clontibret/Clones, Breffni  :'(, Brewster, Healy Park.
Leinster: Parnell Park, Navan.
Connacht: Markeivicz.
Munster: Ennis.

stevecw

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 07, 2009, 11:41:01 PM

Ulster: Been to Donegal, Antrim, Down, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Cavan. Never to Derry, Armagh or Monaghan's.

Munster: Been to Clare, Kerry - not been to the others (have to get to Thurles some time soon).

Leinster: Been to Meath, Dublin, Wexford, Kildare, Laois, Kilkenny, Longford. Have yet to visit Louth, Offaly, Wicklow, Westmeath.

So 21/32 or 23/34 depending on how you view it.

Favourites would be Fitzgerald Stadium, Nowlan Park and I really like Pearse Park in Longford since its been done up.

So i see Carlow doesn't exist as a county in your eyes!  ;D

Anyway for me it's:

Leinster: All 12 of them
Munster: Limerick, Tipp, Waterford, Clare but not been to Cork or Kerrys grounds
Connacht: Mayo, Leitrim, Roscommon but never to a match in Galway or Sligo's grounds
Ulster: Just been to Casement Pk and Breffni Pk...all the rest still await me!
Been to Ruislip too, if that counts!

So 22/33  :)

Favourite is probably Wexford Park, lovely ground and great pitch. Always enjoy watching games there.
Worst is Aughrim, a kip of a ground. Hate the place with a passion!

magpie seanie

Stevecw - sincere apologies for missing out on Carlow and Dr Cullen Park. Can't beleive I left ye out. Missed any of Sligo's recent trips there unfortunately.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 07, 2009, 11:41:01 PM

I played in Ruislip, but I havent been to Gaelic Park, New York.