Senseless attacks on Orange Halls

Started by mournerambler, June 05, 2009, 11:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

That attack can be placed firmly in the senseless category, I reckon ;D.

stew

What does attacking a feckin orange hall accomplish? nothing, the hewers that attack these halls are as bad as the bigots that are members of the feckin order, maybe worse. Nobody should have their property destroyed by scumbags regardless of which foot they kick with.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: stew on June 08, 2009, 03:24:19 PM
What does attacking a feckin orange hall accomplish? nothing, the hewers that attack these halls are as bad as the bigots that are members of the feckin order, maybe worse. Nobody should have their property destroyed by scumbags regardless of which foot they kick with.
Exactly, if there was any justice one of these arse-hole-onists would burn themselves whilst damaging other peoples property. 

Roger

I'm used to hearing about that lovely tri-coloured flag and its representing peace between the orange and green traditions.  I'm not hearing too many people on this thread who espouse any of those sentiments.  Quite the opposite actually with some of the comments being quite appalling, hate-inspired and based on a lot of ignorance of themmuns.

full back

Quote from: Roger on June 08, 2009, 04:11:03 PM
Quite the opposite actually with some of the comments being quite appalling, hate-inspired and based on a lot of ignorance of themmuns.

Whereas we are used to ....................oh hold on  :-X

Roger

Quote from: full back on June 08, 2009, 04:12:50 PM
Quite the opposite actually with some of the comments being quite appalling, hate-inspired and based on a lot of ignorance of themmuns.

I get accused of lots, but one look at this thread and any such accusation against me makes it laughable.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Roger on June 08, 2009, 04:18:04 PM

I get accused of lots, but one look at this thread and any such accusation against me makes it laughable.

Stick your higher moral fibre up your hole....clearly you dont live in the real world. Do you expect us to love them and not be ignorant of them the way they act and the meaning behind there existance and marches makes it impossible for me to in any way tolerate them.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 08, 2009, 01:35:53 PM

Sinn Fein supporters."

Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland secretary Drew Nelson said ...."If Sinn Fein are really serious in their condemnation then why aren't they calling on their community to bring information to the police?" he asked.

Like the Orange Order did when people from their Coleraine community killed one man,left another for dead and bet up some women. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 07, 2009, 09:06:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 07, 2009, 08:28:48 PM
There are a few things I am not clear about regarding the OO and its activities.
Maybe some of the lads here might enlighten me.
It seems most, if not all, of those who put on their glad rags and march behind the banners are middle-class, middle-aged business men. Are there any women who put on the sashes and all the rest of the fancy gear?
I've seen a few individuals I've recognised from having played rugby against them; one is a very successful banker and another is a solicitor, who's not short of a quid or two.
I could never imagine either stirring up sectarian strife. But I never claimed to understand the politics of the six counties either and I'm not going to start now. (FAO: Gnevin!)
Is it active members of the various lodges that get involved in the brawling and rioting in the aftermath of those occasions or is it a case that their antics merely stir up others who are just waiting for a crowd to gather so they can use it as a shield to cover their actions.
In short, are the thugs that killed the Quinn children likely to have been members of the OO, or were they the sort that would use any excuse to start trouble and just found an OO march a convenient excuse to cause trouble?

I dont know Lar but as far as I'm concerned the orange order may as well through their pertol bomb.  It was them, people like the banker and the solicitor, who stirred up all the trouble at drumcree, (they also done plenty of rioting at drumcree themselves) who made the five finger salutes on the ormeau road etc
I've known a few members of the orange order and to my face they were fine as well, it's different when they're among their own.
I'd say they're happy enough to stir the trouble, bit like Paisley use to.
Spot on pints.

Drumcree was orchestrated, organised and controlled by the unionist upper-to-middle-classes in the OO who called on the hard men of Portadown to join them in their protest.  I reckon that their influence (the businessmen and professionals) is more sinister than the overt paramilitary overtones OO marches take.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tonto

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 08, 2009, 05:51:21 PM

Stick your higher moral fibre up your hole....clearly you dont live in the real world. Do you expect us to love them and not be ignorant of them the way they act and the meaning behind there existance and marches makes it impossible for me to in any way tolerate them.
And in other news, a united Ireland is a step closer today as nationalists insist they are commited to an "Ireland of Equals" and "Peace between Green and Orange". :o

Congratulations, big man, you have just hit a blow for Irish unity. ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tonto on June 09, 2009, 12:52:30 AM

And in other news, a united Ireland is a step closer today as nationalists insist they are commited to an "Ireland of Equals" and "Peace between Green and Orange". :o

I dont understand, you're criticising him because he won't tolerate a sectarian organisation?
How odd.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Roger

As someone who is offended by the song "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" I'm sure the boy scouts and the girl guides must be scum and off limits in the south at least to you too  ::)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Roger on June 09, 2009, 10:35:37 AM

As someone who is offended by the song "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" I'm sure the boy scouts and the girl guides must be scum and off limits in the south at least to you too  ::)

If you go back and read my post, point out where I said I was offended, I hadnt a clue about the songs origins and I hold my hands up to that, Im not perfect.

Explain to me the relevance to your argument ::), my lack of knowledge of that song......

You know down South Catholics and Protestants get on fine FYI, without british rule its amazing what you can achieve. Im a Catholic but I dont define myself that way, I have my own beliefs on religion unique to my own life experience, so I have no hatred towards any other religion, in fact some other religions I would agree with more in some cases,  Im speaking specifically about the OO in previous posts and yes I do hate them.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Roger

Your lack of knowledge about a song is little less than your knowledge about the OO yet you see fit to rant about it.

Tonto

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 09, 2009, 08:10:25 AM
Quote from: Tonto on June 09, 2009, 12:52:30 AM

I dont understand, you're criticising him because he won't tolerate a sectarian organisation?
How odd.
So what is that line we are continually fed about 1 of the stripes on the flag of the Free State?