Missing Plane!!

Started by EC Unique, June 01, 2009, 11:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

AN Air France jet with 228 people on board has vanished from radar screens, a French airport official said today.
The flight left Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Sunday at 7pm local time and was expected in Paris on Monday at 11.15am (9.15am GMT), a spokesman said.

An official added: "We are very worried. The plane disappeared from the screens several hours ago.

"It could be a transponder problem, but this kind of fault is very rare and the plane did not land when expected."

The people on board are 216 passengers and 12 crew.

orangeman

Bermuda tirangle ?

It looks certain that this plance has gone down. Sghould have landed a long time ago. There's a lot of water between Rio and Paris.

ziggysego

Brazil's air force confirmed the plane was missing and said a search and rescue mission was under way near the island of Fernando de Noronha.

Testing Accessibility

Minus15

T Fearon

Did it not come down in a field near Pomeroy yesterday morning?

Norf Tyrone

There was a pile of FIFA boys in Brazil over the weekend to announce th host cities for 2014. Wonder were they on it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 01, 2009, 01:05:11 PM
There was a pile of FIFA boys in Brazil over the weekend to announce th host cities for 2014. Wonder were they on it?
That was in the Bahamas. 

clarshack

118cmal

They reckon it had to have been hit by lightning.  Could take them days to find it.  Scary stuff!

T Fearon

What is it about Paris in terms of airline travel? Didn't Concorde crash shortly after take off from Paris in 2000 and didn't a plane from JFK en route to Paris explode in mid air shortly after take off 10 years or so ago?

muppet

Quote from: 118cmal on June 01, 2009, 03:17:20 PM
They reckon it had to have been hit by lightning.  Could take them days to find it.  Scary stuff!

Lightning doesn't take an aircraft down.

Speculation about an electrical problem being reported by the crew but that shouldn't do it either. More info needed.

I can't think of another A330 passenger flight that went down.

The Azores glider was the closest call I think.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2009, 03:23:34 PM
What is it about Paris in terms of airline travel? Didn't Concorde crash shortly after take off from Paris in 2000 and didn't a plane from JFK en route to Paris explode in mid air shortly after take off 10 years or so ago?

Coincidence, if anything New York has the most incredibly bad record but again it is just coincidence and the act that these airports are among the world's busiest.
MWWSI 2017

Gnevin

Quote from: clarshack on June 01, 2009, 01:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on June 01, 2009, 11:54:35 AM
Oceanic 6?

1st thing I thought of!
Jasus lad there are over 200 souls on board this plane . Hardly a joking matter .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

clarshack

Quote from: Gnevin on June 01, 2009, 03:49:40 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 01, 2009, 01:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on June 01, 2009, 11:54:35 AM
Oceanic 6?

1st thing I thought of!
Jasus lad there are over 200 souls on board this plane . Hardy a joking matter .

your right its not a joking matter - but when i first heard about this, lost sprang to mind that's all.

DennistheMenace

What are the chances of firstly finding the wreckage and secondly finding the black box which is presumably at the bottom of the sea ? Not good I'd imagine, my worst nightmare.