Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 21, 2009, 09:07:33 PM
QuoteThis is not a criticism of Mc Kaigue but is a criticism of Cassidy, and the only reason i am being critical is because of the picture of the tactical guru that has been painted about Cassidy in recent months.

I'd tend to agree with that however I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til Doherty, Muldoon and Co return for the next round
before scrutinizing the so called system he has supposedly developed within the squad.
I do have my doubts though... :-\

I thought that was more of a thing Joe Brolly has been talking up in recent months more so than Cassidy. Judgment should be reserved on Cassidy until he does have a full team at his disposal.

As for Tyrone good performances from Hughes, PJ Quinn, Penrose and thought Sean O'Neill was excellent when he came on and will be pushing very hard for inclusion the next day but at whose expense? Sean Cavanagh seems to have brought his poor league form into the championship and although he got some close attention, any time he got onto the ball he seemed to be trying to do everything by himself and was reluctant to involve others. Saving himself for the wide spaces of Croke Park perhaps!

orangeman

Enda Mc Ginley was seriously annoyed when Barry Mc Guigan hit Dooher. Did snyone see it ?

Gabriel_Hurl

you can see them clashing on the TV - but I couldn't make out what happened as I was tucking into my breakfast at the time  :D

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: orangeman on June 21, 2009, 09:22:17 PM
Enda Mc Ginley was seriously annoyed when Barry Mc Guigan hit Dooher. Did snyone see it ?

Enda is not one to react like that when incidents happens. Think I read earlier another poster said it was a headbutt, another said it was clash of heads when going for the ball, though the ball was nowhere near them as Tyrone were getting ready to hit a free kick.

Hub got man of the match on BBC. Well deserved and was my choice as well.

tyronefan

in fairness to Cassidy  he is missing a lot of key men, Doherty was a big loss in the middle

It's his first season and they were up against a Tyrone team who have for the first time in a long time started a season with a full and strong panel

Would agree with Brolly, give Casssidy a season and a full panel before passing judgement

tyrone exile

I saw the dooher incident, it actually looked like a headbut, and the reaction of the tyrone players made me think it even more. but i was about 40 metres away so i cant exactly be sure.

Lovely Hurling

rare John Devine interview here - http://ulster.gaa.ie/landofthegiants/ - he talks about the defence only conceding 7 points.

king of leon

Quote from: tyronefan on June 21, 2009, 09:27:12 PM
in fairness to Cassidy  he is missing a lot of key men, Doherty was a big loss in the middle

It's his first season and they were up against a Tyrone team who have for the first time in a long time started a season with a full and strong panel

Would agree with Brolly, give Casssidy a season and a full panel before passing judgement

Yeah but all the way through the league the plan was to get a good squad built to deal with these injuries,everyone seemed to think it was a success but it showed how much we miss Doherty and Muldoon today.

Still think Cassidy is the right man though.

johnpower

Tyrone cruised through this one .Credit to Hughes for getting himself back to 2003 levels ,

After last weekends display by Cork these 2 are now showing the best form.It makes for a very interesting clash later on

Aaron Boone

loughshore lad

McGuigan hit Dooher a box in the mouth after the 2 of them had been jostling.

peterquaife

Keyser soze

Quote from: loughshore lad on June 21, 2009, 09:53:11 PM
Enda Mc Ginley was seriously annoyed when Barry Mc Guigan hit Dooher. Did anyone see it ?

Complete bollocks. Perhaps you could let us know how Dooher ended up with a busted eye then?? And McGuigan with a gash on his temple??

This was a clash of heads when the 2 of them went shoulder to shoulder after the ball was away and McGuigan stepped in to stop Dooher continuing his run. Ref saw it gave a yellow card. Sorted.

orangeman

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 21, 2009, 10:03:41 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on June 21, 2009, 09:53:11 PM
Enda Mc Ginley was seriously annoyed when Barry Mc Guigan hit Dooher. Did anyone see it ?

Complete bollocks. Perhaps you could let us know how Dooher ended up with a busted eye then?? And McGuigan with a gash on his temple??

This was a clash of heads when the 2 of them went shoulder to shoulder after the ball was away and McGuigan stepped in to stop Dooher continuing his run. Ref saw it gave a yellow card. Sorted.

So not a headbutt then ? Clash of heads - thought so - both seemed to come off with injuries.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Lovely Hurling on June 21, 2009, 09:31:25 PM
rare John Devine interview here - http://ulster.gaa.ie/landofthegiants/ - he talks about the defence only conceding 7 points.

On this video, about 1 minute into the video it shows Barry McGuigan coming forward with the ball and he plays an aimless ball with no conviction into the forward line. Conor Gormley is on to it in a flash and intercepts and immediately sets up an attack. Just looked like he kicked it for the sake of getting rid of the ball. One of the many things that happened too often for Derry today. Very rarely do you see Tyrone playing aimless balls into the forward line and hope for the best.