Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

Quote from: loughshore lad on June 16, 2009, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: southderryman on June 16, 2009, 09:09:37 PM
not sure whether to take it at face value or not but heard today that kevin mccloy may not start on sunday, not injured, purely tactical. also heard you o'boyle from lavey was being considered for a slot up front. could be complete bullsh1t but maybe not so crazy when you think about it. SML to take the full back position and gerard to follow cavanagh wherever he goes.

young declan mullan from coleraine apparently was very very impressive at training on sat and will be on the bench on sunday (despite having a lot more than "words" with skinner, surprise there eh?  ::)) big niall played in midfield but won be match fit. enda lynn doubful also with a bad back. derry training at casement at the minute.

Wouldn't be surprised at that, I think he is a weak link in the Derry defence that can be exposed.

not mc cloys biggest fan myself. but i do appreciate he gives his all in every game. the problem is he's only suitable against certain opponents. the players tyrone have up front will not be suitable at all. most of them are too quick for him, and a lot of kevin's game is based on power and strength, which against the players just mentioned will more than likely result in handy frees awarded which we can ill afford. to be honest if mc cloy started on the bench i'd be none too disappointed. not a slight on him at all, but i believe sunday isnt a game for him.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 16, 2009, 04:57:45 PM
So the Ballinderry boys are available for selection

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/other-sports/2009/06/16/GAA-No-Ballinderry-boycott/gnid-57210/

However, McCloy says such speculation is well wide of the mark, the Derry chief quoted by The Evening Herald as saying: "That's the first I've heard. I spoke to the Ballinderry chairman on Friday and there was nothing mentioned about it then or since.

"The manager is the man who decides who he puts on his panel. James Conway hadn't played all year because he had been injured. Somebody can't just break somebody else's jaw and then come into the dressing room and say 'right boys, tea and buns for everyone'."

[/b]

Did Mc Cloy REALLY say this ???????????  What the hell was he thinking about ???? Was he on the drink at the time when he came out with this classic ??? The Ballinderry boys will really love him for this indiscretion.

southderryman

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 16, 2009, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: southderryman on June 16, 2009, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 16, 2009, 09:25:39 PM
not sure whether to take it at face value or not but heard today that kevin mccloy may not start on sunday, not injured, purely tactical. also heard you o'boyle from lavey was being considered for a slot up front. could be complete bullsh1t but maybe not so crazy when you think about it. SML to take the full back position and gerard to follow cavanagh wherever he goes.

young declan mullan from coleraine apparently was very very impressive at training on sat and will be on the bench on sunday (despite having a lot more than "words" with skinner, surprise there eh?  ::)) big niall played in midfield but won be match fit. enda lynn doubful also with a bad back. derry training at casement at the minute.

what is with this craic? they clashed heads going down for the same ball - complete accident

only going by what i was told. hope what you said is right as we've enough problems to deal with. wouldnt be the first time skinner's mouth has got him into trouble tho.

unless my eyes were playing tricks on me they clashed heads going down for a loose ball. just saying cause someone else on the derry thread let on that skinner was 'gubbed' for slabbering, which led to someone else speculating that cassidy had planned this to wind skinner up for sunday.

auld rumour mill is ridiculous sometimes

well that bit is ridiculous. i think cassidy is more than capable of getting the best out of his players without the likes of that. as i said in my original post, i wasnt sure whether to take it at face value or not as i wasnt there. as you seen it i'll take your word on it.

good to see young mullan finally training with the seniors, really impressed me as a minor, its a pity he was injured for quite a while, the type of player we badly need.

High Wide and Handsome

"Swing er over!"

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: southderryman on June 16, 2009, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on June 16, 2009, 10:15:17 PM
Sean Leo @ Full Back???

Cudnt b serious!

what you on about?

Sorry complete mis read! Though it said SL ffor Sean Leo but was SML for you know who.

Apologises!
"Swing er over!"

southderryman

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on June 16, 2009, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: southderryman on June 16, 2009, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on June 16, 2009, 10:15:17 PM
Sean Leo @ Full Back???

Cudnt b serious!

what you on about?

Sorry complete mis read! Though it said SL ffor Sean Leo but was SML for you know who.

Apologises!

:D had me worried there :D

Oakleafer1993

Mccloy could be nursing a injury.

southderryman

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on June 16, 2009, 10:53:33 PM

Mccloy could be nursing a injury.

he could well be. i dont know. like everyone its purely speculation at this stage. even if he is fully fit i'd be reluctant to start him for the reasons outlined above. in saying that, if he has a stormer on sunday i'll gladly eat humble pie.

ONeill

The Cassidy factor worries me. His success with Clonoe shows that he has the midas touch with sides who are underdogs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on June 16, 2009, 09:53:47 PM
What's Casement's capacity and do you think it will sell out?

30,000 I think. Probably not.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on June 16, 2009, 02:22:01 PM
Looking forward to this game on Sunday. I just wish Casement's disabled facilities were better.

If anyone sees me, introduce yourselves. I get a bit clueless when I hear screams of "Ziggy!!"

Can you make it up to the tennis club? ONeill will be wearing his kilt and buying us all Babychams.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Nah, straight to the game and away from the game.

Last time I arranged to meet the boardies, only rrhf turned up.
Testing Accessibility

Overthebar!

if mccloy doesnt play id imagine it will look something like this

gillis
mcguckin okane sml
mckaigue mcgoldrick sean leo
murphy diver
lynn lynch mcguigan
skinner pb oboyle

not sure about oboyle, mcguigan might play there and young or someone come in. can see lynch and skinner rotating too
not sure mcshane is ready and mcbride could be in with a shout for a subs appearance

southderryman

Quote from: ONeill on June 16, 2009, 11:15:00 PM
The Cassidy factor worries me.

missing m mcgoldrick, n mccusker, p cartin, f doherty, p bradley, e muldoon, etc, worries me