Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doire abú

Quote from: cadhlancian on June 02, 2009, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on June 02, 2009, 12:05:54 PM
Quote from: talktothehand on June 02, 2009, 09:44:10 AM
we could always get the boys to show the bradleys et al what a celtic cross looks like:-)

There's plenty of the Derry boys already with Celtic crosses...
[/b]where did they buy/steal them, was it the Ballintyrone boys sneeking arounf duffs corner to raid the ardbo and Moortown treasure chests?

Off the top of my head....

Enda Muldoon - All-Ireland Club, All-Ireland Under-21
Seán Marty Lockhart - All-Ireland Under-21
Kevin McGuckin - All-Ireland Club
Niall McCusker - All-Ireland Club
James Conway - All-Ireland Club
Gerard O'Kane - All-Ireland Minor
Barry McGoldrick- All-Ireland Minor
Patsy Bradley - All-Ireland Minor
Joe Keenan - All-Ireland Minor
Paul Young - All-Ireland Minor
Mark Lynch - All-Ireland Minor

90% sure a Sigerson medal is a celtic cross as well in which case you could add that for Gerard O'Kane, Mark Lynch, Fergal Doherty??, Paddy Bradley, Ryan Dillon, Joe Keenan?, Danny Mulholland?.

Plus the manager has All-Ireland Senior county and All-Ireland Minor.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Doire abú on June 02, 2009, 07:26:52 PM
we could always get the boys to show the bradleys et al what a celtic cross looks like:-)

[/b]where did they buy/steal them, was it the Ballintyrone boys sneeking arounf duffs corner to raid the ardbo and Moortown treasure chests?

90% sure a Sigerson medal is a celtic cross as well in which case you could add that for Gerard O'Kane, Mark Lynch, Fergal Doherty??, Paddy Bradley, Ryan Dillon, Joe Keenan?, Danny Mulholland?.

Sure half of them boys are Tyrone men. :P

Oakleafer93

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 02, 2009, 08:02:00 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on June 02, 2009, 07:26:52 PM

Sure half of them boys are Tyrone men. :P

DC is doing some job reading them ballinderry boys out,just 2 on the panel of 30 v Monaghan and only 1 on the starting 15.

Over the Bar

So what do youens Derry wans mick av it all then hi?

ONeill

Jaysus we're meeting some shower of hoors this year. Armagh and now Derry.

Derry-Tyrone games are always hard to call. Tyrone handled Derry rightly in 2002 when Tohill's elbows were flying in all directions. Derry should've beaten us first time out in 2003 but in the replay Ricey got under Bradley's skin and that was that. The 2004 humiliation of Derry was probably the easiest game against the in-breds. 2006 was some payback for Derry, a humiliation on home turf for Tyrone.

How will Derry cope without ginger Doherty or is having your full strength midfield not a big deal against Tyrone?

I think Derry have more options than Armagh in the forward division. The two Bradleys will be a handful and Lynch/Kielt can perform on any given day. Muldoon if fit is another option. Armagh were chronically poor against Tyrone. It was the fact that Tyrone stepped off the gas, not Armagh clinging on, that brought Armagh back into it. Armagh will exit to a half-decent side and I think Mickey'll not be reading too much into that win.

For Tyrone they'll be waiting to see how O'Neill responds to that game, Dooher's fitness and McCullagh's return from injury.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Do you think Mc Cullagh is still in with a shout?
Penrose may have fallen down the pecking order after Sunday so I guess Dooher takes that spot, would Tommy be under pressure?

clarshack

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 02, 2009, 11:47:01 PM
Do you think Mc Cullagh is still in with a shout?
Penrose may have fallen down the pecking order after Sunday so I guess Dooher takes that spot, would Tommy be under pressure?

i wouldnt play him against derry anyway. he always seems to struggle against the better teams.

ONeill

Yep, he was bottled up rightly against Derry in Omagh this year.

You'd imagine Dooher'll start against Derry. How close is Brian McGuigan?

With O'Neill back and playing 70 mins, Cavanagh's role might change.

Any chance of a:

Dooher - Cavanagh - McMahon
Tommy - O'Neill - Mugsy

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

That ll not be far away O Neill.
I myself would rather see Cavanagh closer to goal Mugsy maybe centre half depending on Brian Mc Guigans fitness.  Harte has some nice problems when B Mc Guigan and Mc Cullagh returns.
So who will be given the job on the  Bradley Brothers ?

Tyrones own

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 03, 2009, 02:07:09 AM
That ll not be far away O Neill.
I myself would rather see Cavanagh closer to goal Mugsy maybe centre half depending on Brian Mc Guigans fitness.  Harte has some nice problems when B Mc Guigan and Mc Cullagh returns.
So who will be given the job on the  Bradley Brothers ?

Taking the nice problem for Mickey into Account, Some of O'Neill's best days with the exception of 2005 of course were on the forty..
..any chance of him finding his way to #12 if Sean is to stay at 14?
How would this look;

Dooher   Brian   O'Neill

Tommy/McCullagh   Sean   Mulligan

would be a daunting task for any defense to face I think.

Ricey will probably be given the task of Eoin, with Gormley on Paddy
Though I'm not sure Paddy can be contained to be honest :-\
Looking forward to this one :)
*edit   I'm not sure how far Brian is away though
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Massey-135

Can't wait for the match lads. Any news on a venue yet or when it will be announced. Going to see oasis in Slane the day before and coming back to Belfast that night so the chances of getting to Clones while dying like a heur are slim to none.

Doire abú

Quote from: ONeill on June 02, 2009, 11:36:33 PM
Jaysus we're meeting some shower of hoors this year. Armagh and now Derry.

Derry-Tyrone games are always hard to call. Tyrone handled Derry rightly in 2002 when Tohill's elbows were flying in all directions. Derry should've beaten us first time out in 2003 but in the replay Ricey got under Bradley's skin and that was that. The 2004 humiliation of Derry was probably the easiest game against the in-breds. 2006 was some payback for Derry, a humiliation on home turf for Tyrone.

How will Derry cope without ginger Doherty or is having your full strength midfield not a big deal against Tyrone?

I think Derry have more options than Armagh in the forward division. The two Bradleys will be a handful and Lynch/Kielt can perform on any given day. Muldoon if fit is another option. Armagh were chronically poor against Tyrone. It was the fact that Tyrone stepped off the gas, not Armagh clinging on, that brought Armagh back into it. Armagh will exit to a half-decent side and I think Mickey'll not be reading too much into that win.

For Tyrone they'll be waiting to see how O'Neill responds to that game, Dooher's fitness and McCullagh's return from injury.

That was completly accidental, you could tell by Tohill's reaction, as well as the ref's and the Tyrone player's (Cormac McAnallen i think).

Was that the day Sean Cavanagh was sniped from the crowd?  :D :D :-[

tyronefan

Quote from: Massey-135 on June 03, 2009, 08:52:49 AM
Can't wait for the match lads. Any news on a venue yet or when it will be announced. Going to see oasis in Slane the day before and coming back to Belfast that night so the chances of getting to Clones while dying like a heur are slim to none.

Ulster council meeting after the Cavan - Fermanagh match on Saturday night in Breffni Park and the venue will be decided then

loughshore lad

As far as I know Brian McGuigan should hopefully be ok by the time the Derry games comes round, his non participation on sunday was precautionary and if it had of been a knock out game he probably would have been in the reckoning to play some part.

Hard to know who will mark the Bradleys - Mickey as we know often does the unexpected.  I think Conor Gormley will most likely pick up Paddy.  Eoin is the real danger man in my opinion, you could see PJ or Justy on him as he has serious pace.

Massey-135

Ulster council meeting after the Cavan - Fermanagh match on Saturday night in Breffni Park and the venue will be decided then

Cheers!