Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Screen man That slogan of yours is potentially offensive. 

loughshore lad

I would be amazed if big Niall is playing at the weekend.  Dont think he has the pace for county football either.  From what I am hearing round the loughshore there may not be any Ballinderry men participating on sunday!

SidelineKick

Quote from: loughshore lad on June 16, 2009, 08:53:23 AM
I would be amazed if big Niall is playing at the weekend.  Dont think he has the pace for county football either.  From what I am hearing round the loughshore there may not be any Ballinderry men participating on sunday!

On what grounds I wonder?  Likewise I would be equally amazed if Kevin McGuckin didn't tog out against Tyrone in an Ulster Semi Final.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Rois

Have just had my first argument about this game with a guy from Down who's just after asking me if Omeath is a county.

Paddy Heaney sets the rivalry up well in the IN today.

MH is interviewed and reckons Brian Dooher is coming on rightly, and McGuigan and McCullagh are both fit for selection. 

loughshore lad

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 16, 2009, 09:03:19 AM

On what grounds I wonder?  Likewise I would be equally amazed if Kevin McGuckin didn't tog out against Tyrone in an Ulster Semi Final.

On the grounds that this may actually have some substance: 

http://www.hoganstand.com/derry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=113182

SidelineKick

Quote from: loughshore lad on June 16, 2009, 09:17:21 AM

On the grounds that this may actually have some substance: 

http://www.hoganstand.com/derry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=113182

I'm still confused. Conway breaks a fellow county man's jaw, Cassiday takes it upon himself to suspend Conway from the panel. The other Ballinderry throw their toys out of the pram because....?

Reported.

screenmachine

Quote from: rrhf on June 16, 2009, 08:43:08 AM
Screen man That slogan of yours is potentially offensive. 

In the quiet words of the virgin Mary...come again?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

SidelineKick

Screen man that last post of yours is potentially offensive.

Reported.

seamusthebard

One of your loup players hit young Gavin McGeehan of the ball when he made his league debut earlier, he hasn't been able to play since. Ballinderry took it on the chin literally and did nothing. Two years ago, a Loup player broke Michael Bell's jaw of the ball during a league game in the Loup. There is absolutely no chance of the Ballinderry players withdrawing from the Derry panel, nobody knows where this has come from. They think propaganda. However, the county players are enraged at the negative media coverage despite what has happened some of their players and no action taken.

screenmachine

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 16, 2009, 09:35:11 AM
Screen man that last post of yours is potentially offensive.

I feel threatened by your slogan... ::)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

SidelineKick

Quote from: seamusthebard on June 16, 2009, 09:44:22 AM

One of your loup players hit young Gavin McGeehan of the ball when he made his league debut earlier, he hasn't been able to play since. Ballinderry took it on the chin literally and did nothing. Two years ago, a Loup player broke Michael Bell's jaw of the ball during a league game in the Loup. There is absolutely no chance of the Ballinderry players withdrawing from the Derry panel, nobody knows where this has come from. They think propaganda. However, the county players are enraged at the negative media coverage despite what has happened some of their players and no action taken.

Now now Seamy we've had this argument conversation on the Derry thread only a few days ago.  if you want to discuss that I am more than happy to, but it is completely irrelevant to this thread.  I am simply saying I am confused as to why they are actualyl threatening to quit the panel.

As for negative media coverage, think county final and think Ulster final.  They brought that on themselves.

Reported.

SidelineKick

Reported.

seamusthebard

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 16, 2009, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: seamusthebard on June 16, 2009, 09:44:22 AM

Now now Seamy we've had this argument conversation on the Derry thread only a few days ago.  if you want to discuss that I am more than happy to, but it is completely irrelevant to this thread.  I am simply saying I am confused as to why they are actualyl threatening to quit the panel.

As for negative media coverage, think county final and think Ulster final.  They brought that on themselves.
Remember what our Lord said of Jealously of your neighbours Sideline!!!

SidelineKick

Do you realise that everything you say has nothing to do with anything?  ;)

Using no more than 30 words please make your point...

Reported.

tbrick18

Cant see the Ballinderry contingent pulling out of the Derry panel...it would almost be like condoning a broken jaw.
Mind you, I dont think Conway (if indeed it was Conway as I dont think there has been any official charge brought against him) intentionally tried to break anyones jaw. Maybe an intentional punch alright, but I doubt very much that any player for any team would ever try and inflict an injury like this on another player.
As for the match....I too am very worried. Had we a fully fit panel I would be quietly confident. I think we are just going to be a bit short on the bench with 7 potential first team players missing. I think our first 15 will be fine, but in todays game you need another 5-6 players on the bench who are on a par with any of the starting players and I dont think we have that with all our absentees. Hope I'm wrong...but that's what my gut is telling me.
Also, this messy Kielt-Conway incident is bound to be having an effect on the team....as is the Doherty and Mullan suspsensions.

Its all on the day, and Derry v Tyrone is always impossible to predict...so I'll live in hope.