Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone exile

Quote from: ONeill on June 10, 2009, 12:47:25 AM
The summer solstice is that day too. There'll be treachery in the air. I know they often dig men up as a pagan ritual around Kildress and Ballinascreen. This could get messy. Forces are at work.
Already started  ;)

cookstowngael

Any truth in the rumour that Pascal Canavan is back in the Tyrone setup, maybe the first step in replacing Harte, reckon Harte will finish end sept, win lose or draw an all ireland?

rrhf

I heard that if Tyrone lose to Derry Hartes away - cant handle the success.   

Fuzzman

From BBC website

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte is hopeful that Brian Dooher will be fit for the Ulster SFC semi-final against Derry at Casement Park on 21 June.

The Red Hands captain aggravated a groin injury in a club game and sat out training on Tuesday night.

"We would like him to be available for the game, and we'll just have to monitor it for a while," said Harte.

Mark Lynch is back in training for Derry after a groin injury but Enda Muldoon (ankle) remains a doubt.

The injury kept Muldoon out of the Ulster SFC win over Monaghan.

Sean Marty Lockhart also missed the Mongahan game through injury but he is expected to return for the Casement clash.

Tyrone defender Justin McMahon sat out a club game after a minor hamstring problem but he was able to train with the squad on Tuesday evening.

Corner-back PJ Quinn is also on course to be fit for the semi-final despite a back injury.

Harte is concerned over Dooher but he is happy with the injury situation.

"We are concerned that Brian didn't come through his game at the weekend, but we have to just manage that," added Harte.

"And I think the kind of man Brian is, he maybe does too much some times, too quickly.

"When he feels that he's good for it, he maybe goes for it, and maybe we can calm him down a bit now, and get him to take it easy for a while.

"It's good that we definitely are in a much better position than we have been in the last number of years.

"I used to have to go on to my second hand to count the number of injuries we had, people who were seriously doubtful, if available at all.

"Thankfully it's not like that at the moment. We have a few niggles, as you always have.

"Coming through the league games and the training itself, you're always exposed to the odd injury.

"But I'd say that we're in as good a place as we have been in a long time in terms of the overall injuries, and we have to try and make that count for ourselves."

peterquaife

Quote from: rrhf on June 10, 2009, 11:18:21 AM
I heard that if Tyrone lose to Derry Hartes away - cant handle the success.   

does that not mean he would stay?

ONeill

What's this...no Derry tragedy in the last 24 hours?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Did you not read this in the I -News today.
At a key Derry training camp last night some key members have apparently withdrawn their sevices.  "Im just not prepared  to fight any more" said one carrot topped protester.  Mystery surrounds the identity of another individual who apparently said he wants to play for arch rivals Tyrone in next weeks Ulster semi final. 
Damian Cassidy for the first time in his godamned life was unavailable for comment. 

the green man

DennistheMenace

I'm assuming that there is always stories of Derry injuries, at least I hope that is what is being implied.

SidelineKick

With them pair of wankers you wouldn't know what they're getting at, the inbreds have no shame. Some of them anyway.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on June 11, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
Did you not read this in the I -News today.
At a key Derry training camp last night some key members have apparently withdrawn their sevices.  "Im just not prepared  to fight any more" said one carrot topped protester.  Mystery surrounds the identity of another individual who apparently said he wants to play for arch rivals Tyrone in next weeks Ulster semi final. 
Damian Cassidy for the first time in his godamned life was unavailable for comment. 

Terrible news. Will this Derry squad not find some modicum of peace before the 21st?

Also hearing of a freak snow storm which has hampered today's training.

ONeill

This was quoted by a Derry poster after the AIF last year - interested to hear if any of the Derry lads on here think things have changed?

QuoteAfter watching that tyrone game and seeing the fans wearing fake beards and shouting on for their team i just realised that there is no chance that you would see that in derry. Due to the competitive nature of our championshps i dont think that we as a county will be able to uniite as one like counties like tyrone do. The players for tyrone worked their balls off on sunday and had a great belief...something i havent seen in the derry team for years. What do we need? Well for a start we need a manager who can bring belief to the team, someone who can bring belief back to the fans. who is the best candidate? it goes without saying that we have the talent to win sam. I personally believe we have a better squad of players than tyrone.

SidelineKick

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2009, 06:17:40 PM
This was quoted by a Derry poster after the AIF last year - interested to hear if any of the Derry lads on here think things have changed?

QuoteAfter watching that tyrone game and seeing the fans wearing fake beards and shouting on for their team i just realised that there is no chance that you would see that in derry. Due to the competitive nature of our championshps i dont think that we as a county will be able to uniite as one like counties like tyrone do. The players for tyrone worked their balls off on sunday and had a great belief...something i havent seen in the derry team for years. What do we need? Well for a start we need a manager who can bring belief to the team, someone who can bring belief back to the fans. who is the best candidate? it goes without saying that we have the talent to win sam. I personally believe we have a better squad of players than tyrone.

In what respect? There are a few points in that post.

Reported.

ONeill

Sorry this was directed towards Derry posters. Over 12.

SidelineKick

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2009, 06:28:01 PM
Sorry this was directed towards Derry posters. Over 12.

You don't have to be a w**ker all your life A'Nail.

I meant as in:

We now have that squad and manager we were after, or;

We now have to accept we don't have a better panel than Tyrone?

A simple answer will do, no "funny" answers.

Reported.