Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: rrhf on June 25, 2009, 05:08:25 PM
No its case of derry men falling out and hating each other, half the county want the other half to feck away off into Tyrone whiilst the other half want that half to slide into the sea.  For a serious GAA county yes are too embittered unable to see above yer own club boundaries with a county board that are a joke.  If yes dont want the Balinderry men we'll take them. 

Thats the only bit I'd agree with.

Out of curiosity, what Ballinderry players would make the Tyrone team / panel?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

talktothehand

EC Unique

Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 09:51:37 PM
enda muldoon. that's it i would say

He would have walked on to the starting 15 in the past but not on current form. He has his football played.

JMohan

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 25, 2009, 05:11:28 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 25, 2009, 05:08:25 PM
No its case of derry men falling out and hating each other, half the county want the other half to feck away off into Tyrone whiilst the other half want that half to slide into the sea.  For a serious GAA county yes are too embittered unable to see above yer own club boundaries with a county board that are a joke.  If yes dont want the Balinderry men we'll take them. 

Thats the only bit I'd agree with.

Out of curiosity, what Ballinderry players would make the Tyrone team / panel?
McGuckian is as good as in the country at CB on his day
Muldoon would get 30 mins (even still I think)
Conway might challenge for a spot based on last weeks performance at midfield
Raymond Wilkinson would suit that Tyrone style of play too

So the only one would be McGuckian I would think

tonesfirstandlast

Jeez, you have written big Muldoon off very quickly. I thought last year in the ulster club final, he was mighty and the games he played in the national league, he looked very good playing from midfield. Unfortunate that he broke his ankle when he did, we could have been doing with him last Sunday. Is there any chance of him being back for the qualifiers.

Drumanee 1

muldoon is still a class act and would walk on any team in ireland,speed was never part of his game and if he can stay injury free he has many good years left in him

Over the Bar

Quotemuldoon is still a class act and would walk on any team in ireland
#

he might be good, but he's not super-human..

BobKelso

Quote from: J

/quote]

Wee raymond would struggle to make the Kilkenny squad.

JMohan

Wee raymond would struggle to make the Kilkenny squad.

True, Shefflin is in good form this year

orangeman

I see Sean Cavanagh is ending in a letter to the CHC to say that it was all Tommy Mc Guigan's fault that Kevin McGuckin got sent off - in his letter of support for Kevin Mc Guckin, Sean says Tommy bumped into him and then Kevin fell on top of him and got sent off in the wrong.

Apparently Joe Brolly has prepared the case for Kevin with the help of Sean Cavanagh - now there's good neighbours for ye.  ;)

Keyser soze

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 21, 2009, 05:48:19 PM
Terrible game, thought Derry looked clueless. IMO we weren't set up to win the game, we needed to really attack this game using players such as McKaigue, Sean Leo and O'Kane to carry the game forward. As i suggested prior to the game playing Paul Murphy at MF was a complete no-no. Thought SML, McKaigue, O'Kane, Diver and Skinner were our best players. Our continued ploy of kicking ball to Gormley was not i imagine in the Cass gameplan, thiis has to be down to the players not executing instructions correctly.

Re the sending off, saw it on the telly there & it appeared to be minimal contact with a shoulder, in fact from what i seen it was Tommy McGuigan who knocked Cavanagh over by running into him after mcGuckin shouldered him, so i think it was a bit harsh tho K McG shouldn't have interfered with Cav at all.The rest of it was handbags, tho Penrose was throwing a shape.

Joe McMahon's injury resulted from him going down on the ball, think it was either Lynch or McGoldrick made contact but it appeared to be 2 men going for the ball. The Dooher injury resulted from a clash of heads with Barry McGuigan as they were shouldering each other, instigated by BmCG, after the ball had gone. BMcG also ended up with a gash high up on the side of his head from what i could see.

Can't see too many teams bricking it if they meet Derry in the qual's.

As pointed out here at the time!! ;)

SidelineKick

Reported.

Final Whistle

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 02, 2009, 04:16:44 PM
He still lay down and held his head. Tw*t.

lol. and what did mckauigue do the game previous when he was tapped Aidan O'Mahoney style???

just because mcguckin didnt mean it does not mean cavanagh wasnt hurt and how was he meant to get up with mcguckin lying on top of him- tw*t!!!

SidelineKick

Quote from: SidelineKick on May 28, 2009, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: the green man on May 28, 2009, 04:35:16 PM
1hr 30min or thereabouts

edit 1hr 32min 27sec

CRINGE!

And there was me giving off about Monaghan diving.  There is NO place for this in our game. This diving shit is why I can't stand soccer. Our game is slowly but surely heading in that direction.

This isn't a personal attack on McKaigue, but he should be ashamed of himself for trying to get someone sent off for nothing.

Yes, I certainly supported McKaigue on that one  ::) what a w**ker you are.

Reported.

Keyser soze

Anyway it's very sporting of Sean Cavanagh to support a player on a rival team in this fashion and i think he should be commended for doing so.