Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: red hander on June 24, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Will Hunting on June 24, 2009, 02:35:11 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 24, 2009, 12:47:45 PM
Yip and bottom line only for the dose of a referee he wouldnt have got the line, but it was a yellow card

For Cavanagh or McGuckin?
I agree, both probably deserved yellows.

By the way, it was hardly a fine point from Cavanagh... he could have been blown up twice for over-carrying.

Aye, and if your granny had balls she'd be yer granda

No she woudln't. She'dstill be his granny, just with a set of balls.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 24, 2009, 06:06:34 PM
Yip and bottom line only for the dose of a referee he wouldnt have got the line, but it was a yellow card

By the way, it was hardly a fine point from Cavanagh... he could have been blown up twice for over-carrying.

No she woudln't. She'dstill be his granny, just with a set of balls.

What kind of scary ass Grannys do you have in Derry Sideline?
Testing Accessibility

tyssam5

And if Derry had 2 more All-Irelands they'd have as many as Tyrone.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 22, 2009, 10:56:22 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 19, 2009, 09:46:20 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 19, 2009, 09:42:28 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 19, 2009, 09:39:14 PM
What about the 100 years before that, did you do any betting from the heart back then? I suppose betting, just like football in Tyrone was born in 2003 ;)

Do you always have to be so negative?!  :D

I'm positive Derry will win - go on and bet on them, It'll ease the pain when ye lose.

If anyone sees a houseless Cavan man wandering the laneways and byways, open up your hearts (and your door), he's a man badly in need of solace  :D

Feck Tír Eoghain anyway, had €20 on them to win by between 4 and 6 points, that'll teach me to be so negative  ;)

It was all part of a cunning plan that I haven't quite finished yet. Put the house on Cavan by 3 against Antrim and then to hammer the shite out of Tyrone. The bookies may require you to put a definition on "beat the shite out of" so maybe say Cavan by 10 points. You'll probably only get evens on that its such a certainty.

All insane joking aside, I couldn't believe how crap Derry were. I put a lot of it down to overkill on tactics. Football is a simple enough game. Derry had the players  to trouble Tyrone but instead spent all their time trying to stop Tyrone instead of playing to their own strengths. Embarrasing for Derry I think and I honestly think Antrim or Cavan will give Tyrone a better game in the final, although I can't possibly see how Tyrone could be bet.

SidelineKick

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 24, 2009, 07:26:20 PM

And if Tyrone had 32 (THIRTY TWO) more All-Ireland's they'd have as many as Kerry  ::)

Ziggy I'm not saying my granny has a set of balls. Although I've never checked  :-\

Reported.

talktothehand

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 25, 2009, 08:13:32 AM

And if Tyrone had 32 (THIRTY TWO) more All-Ireland's they'd have as many as Kerry  ::)

Ziggy I'm not saying my granny has a set of balls. Although I've never checked  :-\

and if kerry held SAM at the minute they'd be tyrone!

SidelineKick

Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 09:39:37 AM

Again, no they woudln't. They'd still be Kerry except they'd have SAM.

If some people had brains they'd be dangerous!

Reported.

screenmachine

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 25, 2009, 10:10:20 AM
Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 09:39:37 AM

Again, no they woudln't. They'd still be Kerry except they'd have SAM.

If some people had brains they'd be dangerous!

:D :D :D
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

nrico2006

QuoteAll insane joking aside, I couldn't believe how crap Derry were. I put a lot of it down to overkill on tactics. Football is a simple enough game. Derry had the players  to trouble Tyrone but instead spent all their time trying to stop Tyrone instead of playing to their own strengths. Embarrasing for Derry I think and I honestly think Antrim or Cavan will give Tyrone a better game in the final, although I can't possibly see how Tyrone could be bet.

I believe that tactics are important but to say Derry lost as they focused on keeping Tyrone from playing is crap.  Derry went out with 15 players, each new their personal and collective objective was to win and to do that the defenders try and stop their men from scoring and the forwards try and score - do you really think that the Derry players were trying to do anything other than this?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

talktothehand

just to point out the the derry fans that cassidy being in his first year is no excuse. both mickey harte and big joe K won SAM in their first year!! :-*

ziggysego

Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 01:47:51 PM
just to point out the the derry fans that cassidy being in his first year is no excuse. both mickey harte and big joe K won SAM in their first year!! :-*

In fairness, Mickey had the most of them lads from minor, u21s to seniors. It took him a long time to win the All-Ireland at minor stage with them set of lads. Can't comment on Joe though.
Testing Accessibility

imtommygunn

They were ulster champions who took Kerry to a semi final replay and should have beat them before he came along. Also he had the cross al ireland winners. So both had a much better platform to build on. IMO.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2009, 11:38:08 AM
QuoteAll insane joking aside, I couldn't believe how crap Derry were. I put a lot of it down to overkill on tactics. Football is a simple enough game. Derry had the players  to trouble Tyrone but instead spent all their time trying to stop Tyrone instead of playing to their own strengths. Embarrasing for Derry I think and I honestly think Antrim or Cavan will give Tyrone a better game in the final, although I can't possibly see how Tyrone could be bet.

I believe that tactics are important but to say Derry lost as they focused on keeping Tyrone from playing is crap.  Derry went out with 15 players, each new their personal and collective objective was to win and to do that the defenders try and stop their men from scoring and the forwards try and score - do you really think that the Derry players were trying to do anything other than this?

In all honesty I think this is a big reason as to why Derry didn't perform. They gave Tyrone too much respect. I mean GO'K's attacking influence was curtailed from keeping tabs on Cavanagh for the whole game, Diver the same on McGinley and Sean Leo McGoldrick and Barry McGuigan both are known for being attacking footballers but seemed to get too bogged down in their defensive duties.

I'm not saying had these lads been on top form we would have won but I would like to think it would have made for a better performance from our lads. Also add in the fact that Fergal is the main leader of that team and the man everyone looks to and I think his presence would have lifted our game as well.

I'm disappointed with the manner of our performance at this stage but I am confident that the lads will learn a lot from it and that it will improve for the next game.

bellaghy_lad

derry didnt want to win. its just to raise the odds in the bookies. clean sweep to the all ireland now for us boys. get your money out!

rrhf

No its case of derry men falling out and hating each other, half the county want the other half to feck away off into Tyrone whiilst the other half want that half to slide into the sea.  For a serious GAA county yes are too embittered unable to see above yer own club boundaries with a county board that are a joke.  If yes dont want the Balinderry men we'll take them.