Leinster 25

Started by Dinny Breen, May 28, 2009, 11:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySavage

Niall Buckley was best allround player from 97-99 in my opinion. He must be considered on any selection.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: LilySavage on July 15, 2009, 02:00:29 PM
Niall Buckley was best allround player from 97-99 in my opinion. He must be considered on any selection.
no he wasnt
in the words of dunphy
' a good player, but not a great player' !

Qwerty28

People complaining about Paul Barden and Kevin O'Brien being on that team obviously never saw them play in the flesh. O'Brien was a far better player than Mattie Forde, if anyone should lose out it should be Forde. Bernard Flynn was better than Forde.

As for Barden, well I might be biased but some of the scores I've seen him get, even his display against Derry in the qualifiers alone a few years back, never mind some of his scores in other games....

Also, how Geraghty couldnt be accomodated somewhere on team is strange

Billys Boots

QuoteAlso, how Geraghty couldnt be accomodated somewhere on team is strange

For me, Geraghty would be behind Tommy Dowd, Bernard Flynn, Trevor Giles and O'Rourke (if we're counting him as a Meathman) in the Royalty forwards hierarchy (of the last 25).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Forfeit Point

im a longford man and i do not think paul barden merits his place on this team whatsoever. barden was the best minor i have ever seen play, that i have no doubt but when it come to senior especially over the last 5/6 years he only produced flashes for us. one spectacular goal or point and then do nothing for the next 3 matches. Even for his club clonguish he is anonymous a lot of the time. dont get me wrong he had/has all the talent to make him the best in the country but in my opinion he never showed it enough. for me padraig davis was consistently a better performer for longford and scored enough of the spectacular ones as well but dessie barry was streets ahead of the two of them, no question. that man could do anything with the ball, hard as nails too.