Minor trivialities that annoy you at games

Started by T Fearon, May 28, 2009, 05:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Onlooker on May 29, 2009, 11:18:31 AM
The P. A. system in Thurles.  Second biggest stadium in the  country, floodlights etc. and you can not hear a word that is being announced on the P. A.  Crazy stuff.

Current P.A. system in McHale Park, Castlebar is a disgrace in Irelands largest all-seater stadium. Hopefully when they finish the New Stand, New Press Box, there will also be a New P.A. system. At the moment the National Anthem is 3 lines in before people realise that its started & the few that have the courage to try and guess where to join in are all singing a different part.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: RMDrive on May 29, 2009, 10:46:36 PM
People who clap wide from the other team. It's been happening for years but it still wrecks my head.

Only acceptable if the backs are a direct cause of the wide, i.e. a well placed shoulder or tracking a man into a position where he is forced to take a stupid shot, but I agree if a lad misses for no reason but a bad shot or bad luck then it is a bit stupid.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 29, 2009, 09:12:03 PM
"Put the f**king thing in would ye"
"That's the ball"

Almost always lost possession.

And anyone who tells the ref to "go back to Donegal/Tyrone wherever (usually Longford)".

Are you sure this was a football match and not the bedroom....  :o ;D

Diet Coke

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 30, 2009, 02:28:16 AM
"Put the f**king thing in would ye"
"That's the ball"

Almost always lost possession.

And anyone who tells the ref to "go back to Donegal/Tyrone wherever (usually Longford)".

Are you sure this was a football match and not the bedroom....  :o ;D

Sound like you have been in a brave few scrums yourself! ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Canalman

Dislike the Northern fans referring to all Southern teams/fans as "Free State Bastards"/ "Freestaters"....... inevitably leads to the obvious retort and the ensuing cyber "outrage". Give it up lads.

A minor irritance for me is no longer getting the odd wafting smell of pipe smoke during matches anymore, a smell that imo was part of the big day experience.
Also dislike that "hotdog breath" some clown next to you inevitably has.

Finally, was sick to the teeth at seing massive queues of people trying to get into the Canal End 45/50 mins before the game only to be held up by the bottleneck entrance...... then to be accused of being drunks by RTE pundits. Believe that they have widened the entrance and I guarantee you there will be no delay on Sunday week.

Maguire01

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on May 29, 2009, 10:48:16 PM
Current P.A. system in McHale Park, Castlebar is a disgrace in Irelands largest all-seater stadium.
Not as big of a disgrace as calling McHale Park a stadium in the first place.  :P

Maguire01

Inevitable when you have the Bannon / Fahy double act!

fitzroyalty

- Coming across crowds of ones I know from home who aren't GAA orientated in the slightlest, yet are clean rat up wearing the size 13/14 2002 jersey, causing complete scenes.

- The dress sense of some culchie (all tyrone) male fans. Black school shoes, drain pipe jeans (cut at the bottom), jersey tucket in tight, big harley davidson belt, hair cemented down the forehead. gimps

- Love the good weather, but sometimes when you watch a match depending on the position of the sun and where you are in the stadium you end up getting burnt on  only one half of your face!

- Big yokes at matches. Remember Tyrone back in 02, had some mouth from Tyrone in front, she had "big gal" on the back of her jersey, and never shut up the whole game  >:(

- Culchies shouting at matches..."h'man tha hat tha man tha biy mon DEEERRRRYYY"

ONeill

Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 30, 2009, 11:35:40 AM
- Coming across crowds of ones I know from home who aren't GAA orientated in the slightlest, yet are clean rat up wearing the size 13/14 2002 jersey, causing complete scenes.

- The dress sense of some culchie (all tyrone) male fans. Black school shoes, drain pipe jeans (cut at the bottom), jersey tucket in tight, big harley davidson belt, hair cemented down the forehead. gimps

- Love the good weather, but sometimes when you watch a match depending on the position of the sun and where you are in the stadium you end up getting burnt on  only one half of your face!

- Big yokes at matches. Remember Tyrone back in 02, had some mouth from Tyrone in front, she had "big gal" on the back of her jersey, and never shut up the whole game  >:(

- Culchies shouting at matches..."h'man tha hat tha man tha biy mon DEEERRRRYYY"

Enjoyed those, but can't make out the last one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Some classy individuals at the game today. Was near a crowd of Tyrone fellas who didn't seem to realise there was a game on. All of them were full and one of them falling around the place.

Then on the other side, some young 'lady' from Armagh and another older 'lady' (old enough to have some sense) from Tyrone start on the verbals: "You're a tr**p", no "You're a tr**p", "You're an orange b*****d"... the young one had to be dragged away. Clearly they were both tramps.

Barney

Why do people go to sit down immediately after a minute's silence, and then immediately after have to stand up again for the anthem?

mountainboii

Fat f**kers sitting in front of you eating foul smelling tuna sandwiches that had been festering in the heat from when they were made until they were eaten at half time in the senior game.

w**kers sitting beside you who arrive five minutes into the senior game, then proceed to make four f**king trips to the bogs over the course of the game, making you and everyone else in the row stand up each time.

Sandy Hill

The combination smell of underarm deodorant, perfume and stale sweat!
"Stercus accidit"

fitzroyalty

Quote from: AFS on May 31, 2009, 07:29:38 PM
Fat f**kers sitting in front of you eating foul smelling tuna sandwiches that had been festering in the heat from when they were made until they were eaten at half time in the senior game.

w**kers sitting beside you who arrive five minutes into the senior game, then proceed to make four f**king trips to the bogs over the course of the game, making you and everyone else in the row stand up each time.
You must hav been near me AFS! Pain in the ass. Also, to the gentleman wearing No.11 McGugian on his back, you sir are an idiot. Landed down at half time, took someone's seat and proceeded to shout dogs abuse, surrounded of course by young families with kids etc. Special mention to the zuke in front who felt it necessary to light up twice during the match, thanks for that. On a more positive note there was plenty to look at today and I don't mean the football, though is it just me or does Tyrone produce better talent than Armagh in this dept??

rolloutking

People who wait until the crowd around them is quiet and then shout something as loud as they can that they think is funny to try and look like 'the man'...something like

"Aw thats great penetration lads"
"Dont bend down in front of him, he's a queer"
"My granny could do better and she's dead"
"Slide er in Dick"....always shouted towards Dick Clerkin

People who think they are on first name terms with every player .....Go on Stevie, Nice ball Tony, Your wasting your time Mickey son,

Women who get all dolled up just for the game and wear the big massive Paris Hilton sunglasses in their hair even when it's cloudy and dull

Fat girls who have poured themselves into a pair of white trousers and an Armagh top wearing a straw cowboy hat and usually drinking a big pint glass of WKD blue.

People who try to sing Amhrán na bhFiann but don't know the proper Irish words and just make up their own version that they think sounds right to try and look all Patriotic

People who start cheering before the end of Amhrán na bhFiann