Munster final Kerry v Cork 7th June 2009

Started by orangeman, May 21, 2009, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on June 07, 2009, 04:03:32 PM
See the Paul Galvin witch hunt in full swing already!

So you think it's OK to kneel on an opposing player's head when he's on the ground?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrones own

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 07, 2009, 04:10:26 PM

So you think it's OK to kneel on an opposing player's head when he's on the ground?

Yes but only when it's a kerry man doing the deed ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ddc1990

We were poor, didn't deserve the draw. The Tyronies are right, we wouldn't have been within 10 points of them even.
Gooch was abismal. Darragh is so unfit. Quirke was atrocious! At fault for at least 1-3 due to his lack of pace.
The penalty... what can I say? Just awful.

The Positives: Backs were v.good.
Kenenlly looks like he's settling.

Referee: Yes he gave us an extra minute to score the free but take all this into account.
It was never a 45! O'Neill took 73 seconds to take the 45. When Kerry won the first free from the kickout, Kerrigan ran away with the ball taking up another 15 seconds.
Then Noel O'Leary wasted another 20 seconds, standing in front of Sheehan, trying to put him off.
It all adds up. Anyway, with the 2 Kerry injuries in the second half, and all the subs, surely there should have been more then 2 minutes.
And finally, its AT LEAST 2 MINUTES, thats announced. Its down to the ref's disgression!

EDIT: As for Galvin "kneeling" on O'Connors head... would ye ever feck off!
Ye are to influenced by TV3's coverage, especially Peter "the unbelieveablelysuperdeedooperfantasticlybrilliantlygreat"!
His knee was on his head for a second and he instantly took it off. Im not saying he's an Angel or anything, but this incident is a thing of nothing.

Main Street

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 07, 2009, 04:02:18 PM
Was it supposed to be 2 or 3 minutes injury time? I thought it was 3. Even if he did go over the allocated time, he's allowed to do so if there is stoppages during the injury time.
As stated it was 2 minutes and some us saw no reason for the ref to add on the extra minute.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 07, 2009, 04:10:26 PM

There wasn't much force in it but the intent was there.

Over the Bar

QuoteSee the Paul Galvin witch hunt in full swing already!

There wasn't much force in it but the intent was there.

A 12 week ban reduced to a free car for a year on appeal.....

up tyrone

A yellow card
two high tackles around the neck
a knee into somebodys head and still on the field at the end hopefully justice will be served this week.

Mickeys beard

Impressed with Cork first half, even though there was a hint of their lack of ruthlessness in front of the goal which was to develop in the second half.  We now know how important Walsh and Donaghy are to Kerry.  Darragh O'Se looks very overweight.  Impressed with Kenelly's all round play.  Galvin a lucky boy-while not life threatening, a far worse offence than anything we witnessed Derry-Monaghan.  Wonder will it cause the same ripples?  Cork may think again about replacing Masters with Cussen-the giant was useless without the high ball coming in.
Once again, early in the championship, I am drawn, reluctantly to comment on the poor refereeing and subsequent blindness to it by the commentators.  Cork must be raging, not only with themselves, but with the ref who gifted Kerry at least three very soft frees.  Then the extra, extra time.
Other counties won't be shaking in their boots at these two teams          
Boil the Drawers!

gerry

QuoteWhat happened Tommy Walsh, did he go off injured? Missed start of game.

aye an ankle injury at the start
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyronefan

bcarrier

Galvin played well today and without any malice IMO.

Give the lad a break... he served his time and appears to have learned his lesson.

Reillers

Back from the match, just disgusted, the ref played for a draw, handed Kerry like 3 or so incredibly soft frees. That said the I've never seen a team throw a game away like Cork did.
What a joke, ref playing for a replay yet again.

ddc1990

Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2009, 05:34:02 PM
Back from the match, just disgusted, the ref played for a draw, handed Kerry like 3 or so incredibly soft frees. That said the I've never seen a team throw a game away like Cork did.

Kerry Cork x2 last year ???  ???  ???

Surely 8 points in as many minutes or throwing away a 9 point Lead after halftime is worse!

I agree, the Ref did play extra injury time, but in fairness he should have announced 4 minutes after all the stoppages anyway.

Having said that, the last free was definitly a free, shoulder in the chest. The penalty call was correct- push in the back.
But the ref was horrible, for both sides. So inconsistant (i.e Tommy griffin being Raped to the ground in front of goal)

Reillers

Quote from: ddc1990 on June 07, 2009, 05:43:45 PM

Surely 8 points in as many minutes or throwing away a 9 point Lead after halftime is worse!

I agree, the Ref did play extra injury time, but in fairness he should have announced 4 minutes after all the stoppages anyway.

Having said that, the last free was definitly a free, shoulder in the chest. The penalty call was correct- push in the back.
But the ref was horrible, for both sides. So inconsistant (i.e Tommy griffin being Raped to the ground in front of goal)

Without question Cork threw the game away, handed it to Kerry, but the ref was consistantly giving ridiculously soft frees to Kerry, and the last one, I haven't seen the replay so I don't know, as I was at the game, but the way he move it up then, and that little grin on his face was just sickening, he was playing for a draw. They always are.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2009, 05:50:14 PM
Quote from: ddc1990 on June 07, 2009, 05:43:45 PM

Without question Cork threw the game away, handed it to Kerry, but the ref was consistantly giving ridiculously soft frees to Kerry, and the last one, I haven't seen the replay so I don't know, as I was at the game, but the way he move it up then, and that little grin on his face was just sickening, he was playing for a draw. They always are.

It was a clear free for Tomás Ó Sé. Kerry probably did shade a few of the marginal decisions but there were other incidents they could have felt aggrieved with. The free out when Tommy Griffin was clearly fouled was perplexing to say the least. The Cork 45 was also debatable.

Kerry were very poor today but they still managed to up their game when it mattered most. Quirke lacks the mobility at the highest level and I'd expect either David Moran or Darragh Ó Sé to start ahead of him the next day. They'll have have a dilemna with their forwards for the next day with both the twin towers likely to be out. I'd put Darren O'Sullivan out to the half forward line with Sheehan coming in inside. Wouldn't surprise me if young Walsh was given a chance by Jack O'Connor. What I'd go for:
10. Galvin      11. Dec O'Sullivan        12.Dar O'Sullivan
13. Gooch     14. Sheehan               15. BJ Walsh
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?