Wicklow v Longford, Leinster SFC

Started by On the 14, May 17, 2009, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteHowever, keep head down as I am sure some Spud missiles will rain in on you from our uppity neighbours that still hold delusions of grandeur!

Sure them big-shots wouldn't even be looking at this thread SS, they'll be counting on this for their only competitive win of 2009.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 22, 2009, 09:23:28 AM
QuoteHowever, keep head down as I am sure some Spud missiles will rain in on you from our uppity neighbours that still hold delusions of grandeur!

Sure them big-shots wouldn't even be looking at this thread SS, they'll be counting on this for their only competitive win of 2009.

Well if you can't beat the minnows you may as well forget about it  ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

QuoteWell if you can't beat the minnows you may as well forget about it

Panc56 was probably thinking the same thing!

Shamrock Shore

Dreadstuff stuff. Pick of either wouldn't threaten many.

Qwerty28

Junior A versus Junior C......Terrible stuff, particularly by Longford......some of the players must of thought they were playing in blue the number of times the gave the ball directly to the opposition!

Billys Boots

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 22, 2009, 11:20:25 AM

Quaking in your boots Croí?  ::)

INDIANA

In fairness wicklow have had more championship wins in the last 2 years then they've had for a decade. I'd give Wicklow a good chance of giving westmeath a real run for their  money.

AZOffaly

I think Westmeath will choke them out.

This is where we need Fogarty versus Daithi for old times' sake.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 25, 2009, 09:21:03 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 22, 2009, 11:20:25 AM

Quaking in your boots Croí?  ::)

Couldn't really tell much from the "highlights" but we'll have to shut down Leighton Glynn and not concede frees inside the 65. Hannon has some range on him. Wickla ran Laois very close last year after beating Kildare & I'll be very wary on the 14th. We'll have to travel to Tullamore now wheras we would've had a home game if the Slashers won, there won't be much in it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

QuoteI think Westmeath will choke them out.

Yup, I'd have been confident that we'd have beaten them if we could have won some ball in the middle third - Westlucan will thrive here and will win by 2-3 points (maybe 0-5 to 0-2, or so).