Championship attendances

Started by Maguire01, May 17, 2009, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

Caid

Yeah Clones sorry - i've been listening to Mickey Harte whinge so much i've got confused!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Lazer

My gripe with the ticket prices this year is that the GAA have announced a price freeze on the championship tickets - however isnt really true

Terrace tickets for Brewster park yesterday €15 of £13stg,

however last year €15 or £10.

Why can the tickets not be priced in sterling for a match involving 2 Northen teams at the same price as last year?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

armaghniac

The GAA is an All Ireland organisation, the idea of a 6 county price is ridiculous. If Sterling had gone up and they were proposing to charge more in the 6 counties than for other games, then you can imagine the whine that would start here.

Ticket availability should be clear though, there should not be empty space in grounds at the same time as people wondering how that can get a ticket. Club distribution is fine but many people live outside their native county and other neutrals etc may want to attend.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lazer

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2009, 01:23:33 PM
The GAA is an All Ireland organisation, the idea of a 6 county price is ridiculous.

Ticket availability should be clear though, there should not be empty space in grounds at the same time as people wondering how that can get a ticket. Club distribution is fine but many people live outside their native county and other neutrals etc may want to attend.

The GAA may be an All Ireland Organisation, but Ireland doesnt have an All - Ireland currency.
Therefore when the GAA announce a price freeze it should be in both currencies where applicable

Redhand Santa

Disappointed with the ulster council so far and the fact they have did nothing to attract people to the games. In fact they have did the opposite by not making it clear how you can tickets. How would a neutral go about getting a ticket for Celtic Park on Sunday? They arent on Ticketmaster? Is there any easy way of getting one? Im sure it wont sell out and I might decide to go.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2009, 01:33:51 PM
Disappointed with the ulster council so far and the fact they have did nothing to attract people to the games. In fact they have did the opposite by not making it clear how you can tickets. How would a neutral go about getting a ticket for Celtic Park on Sunday? They arent on Ticketmaster? Is there any easy way of getting one? Im sure it wont sell out and I might decide to go.
I remember back in the day when me and the auld man used to head off to most of the games on a sunday (but we'd only decide on the day), there have to be piles of casual observers whose counties or clubs aren't involved on a given sunday who'd be making the journey if they knew they could easily pay at the gate.

armaghniac

QuoteThe GAA may be an All Ireland Organisation, but Ireland doesnt have an All - Ireland currency.
Therefore when the GAA announce a price freeze it should be in both currencies where applicable

The price is the same. Sterling has been devalued so you have to pay more of it to buy things.

cville

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 18, 2009, 09:43:10 PM
You're right, but my point was that regardless of price, if people can't buy the tickets with relative ease, it's not exactly going to help things either. Was Sunday's match ever going to attract 18,000, even if it had been a beautiful day?

Let's be realistic .. feck all at stake! all get a second chance ... If someone asks me a week before the all Ireland if I have a ticket, perhaps that will put the 1st round game in Brewster in context!!

rionach 4

Live Tv coverage will make up peoples minds for them. On a cold rainy day with live coverage and a heavy recession in the construction industry in particular There was only going to be a bout ten thousand and also you have the back door system.  People say crowds are up at rugby . well they might be but thats really only at the provincial teams. Ask Dungannon rugby club or Harlequins and they will tell you different. The munsters and Ulsters of this world have killed club rugby . Crowds are down in practically all sporting events. A huge number of live concerts are suffering , The eagles was pulled in salt hill. Pubs are suffering big time . reducing the prices by a few euro or pounds wont make a button of difference.  People will always take the cheaper option and watching it live on tv well theres only one winner . To much live football will do us harm just like the soccer.

Maguire01

Quote from: cville on May 20, 2009, 12:07:52 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 18, 2009, 09:43:10 PM
You're right, but my point was that regardless of price, if people can't buy the tickets with relative ease, it's not exactly going to help things either. Was Sunday's match ever going to attract 18,000, even if it had been a beautiful day?

Let's be realistic .. feck all at stake! all get a second chance ... If someone asks me a week before the all Ireland if I have a ticket, perhaps that will put the 1st round game in Brewster in context!!
Are you arguing with my point or agreeing with it?

rionach 4

Are u referring to me Maguire 01, If u are yes I agree with you

Rossfan

58 fouls in a game wont tempt too many "soft" supporters to attend in future.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lazer

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2009, 01:48:29 PM
QuoteThe GAA may be an All Ireland Organisation, but Ireland doesnt have an All - Ireland currency.

The price is the same. Sterling has been devalued so you have to pay more of it to buy things.

Agreed sterling has devalued, but that should be irrelevant when buying things within the six counties or UK, the only time the value of a currency should matter is with Imports and Exports

However a match between Fremanagh and Down is neither so therefore the GAA should have had a price freeze in sterling.

The GAA is an All-Ireland organisation not just a 26 county one

armaghniac

QuoteThe GAA is an All-Ireland organisation not just a 26 county one

Exactly. It should make every effort to charge the same price in all parts of the country, whatever denominations people pay in. It should not require payment in Euro but should accept the equivalent sterling amount for those who prefer to use UK money. It should not give preference to either currency except for rounding off the amounts.