Ronan O'Gara stock rising on OWC!

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, May 08, 2009, 09:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Roger on May 08, 2009, 04:39:30 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 08, 2009, 04:37:37 PM
I went to school with a lad named Stephan Ferris and he was ordained a Catholic priest after he did his Leaving Cert.
Well this one plays rugby, doesn't come across as religious in any shape or form, and has a rather tasty looking bird so it must be a different one.

No sh!t,

I dont care what religion anyone is, I was just disproving Fearon.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

T Fearon

His background is indeed immaterial, the core point of this debate is the relentless apparent need of the IRFU to shamelessly pander to northern unionists, by

Participating in a "reception" hosted by a foreign monarch in Ireland, whose own country was beaten by Ireland on they way to the grand slam ffs ::)

Never playing the national anthem of our country at its away games

scandalously failing to play it at a home game in Belfast in 2007.

The Irish rugby team is internationally classified as "one nation" and is part of the six nations tournament. Why is the IRFU trying to convince everyone that it is actually part of two nations?

ziggysego

Quote from: nifan on May 08, 2009, 04:29:35 PM
QuoteAn Irish Gymnast team cannot have the tricolour flown or national anthem played in Newry (an area that is 85% nationalist)

QuoteEg the Irish gymnastic team cannot even have the tricolour flown or national anthem  played in Newry (which is 80% nationalist)

These posts where mere hours apart.
At this rate there wont be any nationalists left in newry by chucking out time tonight.

Only 75% now....
Testing Accessibility

Franko

Quote from: Roger on May 08, 2009, 04:39:30 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 08, 2009, 04:37:37 PM
I went to school with a lad named Stephan Ferris and he was ordained a Catholic priest after he did his Leaving Cert.
Well this one plays rugby, doesn't come across as religious in any shape or form, and has a rather tasty looking bird so it must be a different one.

you dont say...

T Fearon

New Ronan O'Gara anthem penned by Phil Coulter, to the tune of the French anthem

When old Betty to Ireland calls
you must keep hold of your balls

Orior

So what exactly is the OWC position on Sir Ronan O'Gara's interpretation of royal protocol?

Does he join the hate list along with the primary school girl from Essex and Neil Lennon? Is he a hero?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

He will be burned on the 11th night no doubt

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2009, 04:45:07 PM
His background is indeed immaterial, the core point of this debate is the relentless apparent need of the IRFU to shamelessly pander to northern unionists, by

Participating in a "reception" hosted by a foreign monarch in Ireland, whose own country was beaten by Ireland on they way to the grand slam ffs ::)

The Irish rugby team is internationally classified as "one nation" and is part of the six nations tournament. Why is the IRFU trying to convince everyone that it is actually part of two nations?

Tony are you serious.  There are people representing Ireland in rugby who would consider themselves Irish and there are people who would consider themselves British - by virtue of the fact that the place where they were born (whilst part of Ireland) is under the jurisdiction of Britain/UK/GB or whatever.  I'm sure these people have the passports to prove it!  That's the way it is.  Why should those who fall into the latter category not be allowed to show off their silverware to the person they believe to be their head of state.  It's the old dual nationality nugget and all that...

I wouldn't have gone myself though but that's another matter...

nifan

QuoteThe Irish rugby team is internationally classified as "one nation"

So the IRBcan decide what a nation is for internationals, but you dont afford fifa the same respect? Cant say I am surprised by your lack of consistency

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 08, 2009, 04:27:28 PM
Really, I always thought the run down part of Athlone was in Roscommon, infact so did many people I know from Roscommon.

All of Athlone is rundown so that doesn't help matters......

Dubarry Park is on the east side of the Shannon though.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Rossfan on May 08, 2009, 04:04:17 PM
As for Mr Ferris ...I thought all ye North(East) bucks could tell by the distance between the eyes  ::)

I think he's a quaker.  That would be the religious equivalent of alliance party I suppose...........

T Fearon

Franko, by your reasoning then the IFA should respect those Irish nationlists who misguidedly choose to represent them by dropping the english national anthem? Do they do it, no.

I could just about have swallowed this if ulster players only  were involved yesterday, or indeed ulster players of a unionist leaning, but the involvement of O'Driscoll and O'Gara was unforgiveable. Only unionists labour under the illusion of the two nations on one island in Ireland theory and they should not in any way be encouraged by people of a sane disposition

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2009, 04:45:07 PM

So you'd rather partition than pandering ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2009, 04:59:06 PM
Franko, by your reasoning then the IFA should respect those Irish nationlists who misguidedly choose to represent them by dropping the english national anthem? Do they do it, no.

I could just about have swallowed this if ulster players only  were involved yesterday, or indeed ulster players of a unionist leaning, but the involvement of O'Driscoll and O'Gara was unforgiveable. Only unionists labour under the illusion of the two nations on one island in Ireland theory and they should not in any way be encouraged by people of a sane disposition
or indeed ulster players of a unionist leaning with a slight limp  ::)
;D ;D ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2009, 04:59:06 PM

Totally unrealistic but yeah, possibly.

Doesn't make what happened yesterday wrong though.