Ian Parsley - Alliance
12 (10%)
None of the above
25 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Ari on June 02, 2009, 11:15:24 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 06, 2009, 02:07:32 PM
Colin Duffy will be removed from the poll (and arrested for something or other) if he decides not to stand.

I think it will be Babs, Jim Nicholson and Diane Dodds, but expect a fractured unionist vote, with Jim (the dino bigot) Allister and Ian flatleaf getting a fair few of the unionist votes.

If Allister is a bigot, what does that make Duffy? Just asking this as it was brought up at the start of the thread.

As for voting, they're all useless. I'll probably vote for Nicholson, because I can't bring myself to vote DUP and I personally think Jim Allister is an arsehole. The Alliance and Green party are a waste of time and sinn fein have zero chance of getting my vote.

SDLP are the only other possibility.

I was "trying" to be humourous with my reference to Duffy getting rearrested (as it seems to be the norm these days to arrest him when something happens), where other then that have I mentioned Duffy?
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 23, 2009, 04:36:40 PM
Curious to know if anybody on here who will be voting Babs number one, will be putting down a number two, three etc?

Still curious on this one, I'm wondering will SF voters be giving Alban Maginnis their number two? Given the slight chance that we could get him in as a second Nationalist MEP.
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 03, 2009, 10:30:40 AM
Curious to know if anybody on here who will be voting Babs number one, will be putting down a number two, three etc?

Still curious on this one, I'm wondering will SF voters be giving Alban Maginnis their number two? Given the slight chance that we could get him in as a second Nationalist MEP.
Why wouldn't they?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 10:56:27 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 03, 2009, 10:30:40 AM

Why wouldn't they?

Some in both parties wouldn't transfer to the other.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Right folks todays the day, make sure that you get out there and vote.

Transfer transfer transfer...
Tbc....

slow corner back

Well said already voted and transferred down to Nicholson at 5, couldnt stomach giving any support to Dodds or Allister. In an ideal ( and very unlikely ) world the unionist vote will split perfectly three ways allowing De Bruin and Magennis in with Nicholson scraping home third, cant see it happening though.

armaghniac

If you don't transfer pretty much all of the way down the paper then you are wasting your vote. The system is there, use it. If there are nationalists in the 6 counties, rather than SF cultists, some of them should have the cop on to vote McGuiness first and transfer to De Bruin. SF topping the poll is not important, this has often happened where the unionist vote is split, but two anti colonial MEPs would be a sign of the possible.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ari

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 03, 2009, 10:26:03 AM
Colin Duffy will be removed from the poll (and arrested for something or other) if he decides not to stand.

I think it will be Babs, Jim Nicholson and Diane Dodds, but expect a fractured unionist vote, with Jim (the dino bigot) Allister and Ian flatleaf getting a fair few of the unionist votes.

If Allister is a bigot, what does that make Duffy? Just asking this as it was brought up at the start of the thread.

As for voting, they're all useless. I'll probably vote for Nicholson, because I can't bring myself to vote DUP and I personally think Jim Allister is an arsehole. The Alliance and Green party are a waste of time and sinn fein have zero chance of getting my vote.

I was "trying" to be humourous with my reference to Duffy getting rearrested (as it seems to be the norm these days to arrest him when something happens), where other then that have I mentioned Duffy?

From my point of view, hopefully they won't have to arrest him in future as I hope he'll be sitting in Maghaberry for the rest of his life.

Duffy chose not to run as he knew his small support would have provided embarrassment to himself, and would have shown the people in this country (whatever you refer to it as, I'm not bothered) that people like him have virtually no support whatsoever, and that the majority of people living here ARE in fact decent people.

glens abu

Quote from: Ari on June 04, 2009, 01:06:56 PM

From my point of view, hopefully they won't have to arrest him in future as I hope he'll be sitting in Maghaberry for the rest of his life.

Duffy chose not to run as he knew his small support would have provided embarrassment to himself, and would have shown the people in this country (whatever you refer to it as, I'm not bothered) that people like him have virtually no support whatsoever, and that the majority of people living here ARE in fact decent people.

would you want him to spend the rest of his life in Maghaberry even though he has not yet been found guilty of anything.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Ari on June 04, 2009, 01:06:56 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

BBC Northern Ireland's political editor, Mark Devenport said nationalists and unionists were reporting a steady turnout in rural areas.

Electoral Office sources describe the morning as fairly quiet, in line with previous elections.

Figures were posted up in individual polling stations at noon showing how many people had voted so far, but the statistics aren't being collected centrally.

Tbc....

Trevor Hill

No one that I spoke to today is bothering to vote, is this likely to be repeated throughout the 6 counties?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 04, 2009, 02:17:37 PM
No one that I spoke to today is bothering to vote, is this likely to be repeated throughout the 6 counties?

No.
You'll get a lot of people who talk away about not bothering, but before 10pm will slip down to the polling station and cast their 1 2 3...
Tbc....

Feckitt

tyrone86

Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2009, 01:01:51 PM
If you don't transfer pretty much all of the way down the paper then you are wasting your vote. The system is there, use it. If there are nationalists in the 6 counties, rather than SF cultists, some of them should have the cop on to vote McGuiness first and transfer to De Bruin. SF topping the poll is not important, this has often happened where the unionist vote is split, but two anti colonial MEPs would be a sign of the possible.

How do you figure? Surely, if you are of the inclination to give both a preference, it doesn't matter in what order of 1 & 2 you put Maginness & DeBrun - DeBrun, according to Paddy Power, will top the poll and DeBrun's transfers will be distributed to the SDLP (well, normally 85-90% of them at least) unless she doesn't meet the quota on the 1st count which is unlikely.

slow corner back

Not always the case tyrone 86 nationalist transfers are generally poor in the region of 60% compared to 90% transferring from Aliister to Nicholson last time on the unionist side of the house ( exceptionally high figure). I hope everyone does vote down the ticket and cut out this cant be bothered to vote spoil your ballot nonsense.