25 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Ari

Quote from: glens abu on June 04, 2009, 02:12:13 PM
Quote from: Ari on June 04, 2009, 01:06:56 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 03, 2009, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: Ari on June 02, 2009, 11:15:24 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 06, 2009, 02:07:32 PM
Colin Duffy will be removed from the poll (and arrested for something or other) if he decides not to stand.

I think it will be Babs, Jim Nicholson and Diane Dodds, but expect a fractured unionist vote, with Jim (the dino bigot) Allister and Ian flatleaf getting a fair few of the unionist votes.

If Allister is a bigot, what does that make Duffy? Just asking this as it was brought up at the start of the thread.

As for voting, they're all useless. I'll probably vote for Nicholson, because I can't bring myself to vote DUP and I personally think Jim Allister is an arsehole. The Alliance and Green party are a waste of time and sinn fein have zero chance of getting my vote.

SDLP are the only other possibility.

I was "trying" to be humourous with my reference to Duffy getting rearrested (as it seems to be the norm these days to arrest him when something happens), where other then that have I mentioned Duffy?

From my point of view, hopefully they won't have to arrest him in future as I hope he'll be sitting in Maghaberry for the rest of his life.

Duffy chose not to run as he knew his small support would have provided embarrassment to himself, and would have shown the people in this country (whatever you refer to it as, I'm not bothered) that people like him have virtually no support whatsoever, and that the majority of people living here ARE in fact decent people.

would you want him to spend the rest of his life in Maghaberry even though he has not yet been found guilty of anything.

Uh huh.

The dogs in the street know what Duffy is. And it is certainly NOT a decent, hardworking law abiding citizen.

Donagh

Quote from: Ari on June 04, 2009, 04:15:40 PM
The dogs in the street know what Duffy is. And it is certainly NOT a decent, hardworking law abiding citizen.

So why don't you tell us then?

Ari

Quote from: Donagh on June 04, 2009, 04:29:32 PM

I'm not looking to get banned or start the same old boring arguments, but Colin Duffy is a and it is heartening to know that people like him have virtually no support. It's good to see there are enough decent people on this island that don't want to be dragged back to the dark days by Duffy, Ó Brádaigh and his terror supporting party.

Now I'm no hard line unionist, I'm as lenient as they come. I wouldn't even vote DUP. But men like Duffy, and those like him who support terrorism, have no place in this society and either need to take a good long look at themselves and sort their lives out, or continue with their little tirade and end up in a prison cell.

magickingdom

Quote from: Ari on June 04, 2009, 05:29:30 PM
Quote from: Donagh on June 04, 2009, 04:29:32 PM

I'm not looking to get banned or start the same old boring arguments, but Colin Duffy is a and it is heartening to know that people like him have virtually no support. It's good to see there are enough decent people on this island that don't want to be dragged back to the dark days by Duffy, Ó Brádaigh and his terror supporting party.

Now I'm no hard line unionist, I'm as lenient as they come. I wouldn't even vote DUP. But men like Duffy, and those like him who support terrorism, have no place in this society and either need to take a good long look at themselves and sort their lives out, or continue with their little tirade and end up in a prison cell.

it really is a pity he didnt stand, i dont believe he'd have got any vote and that would have shown them up to the world for the tiny minority they are

Maguire01

Ari

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2009, 06:59:16 PM
And that's exactly why he didn't stand.

Exactly. They can dress it up however they like, but Duffy didn't stand because he knows what the people of this place think of him.

milltown row

i went to my Polling station and they were doing a free barbecue. was bloody raging, had my dinner before heading round >:(

cant wait till next time

Tony Baloney

Quote from: slow corner back on June 04, 2009, 04:02:20 PM
Not always the case tyrone 86 nationalist transfers are generally poor in the region of 60% compared to 90% transferring from Aliister to Nicholson last time on the unionist side of the house ( exceptionally high figure). I hope everyone does vote down the ticket and cut out this cant be bothered to vote spoil your ballot nonsense.
Useless and all as they are, what's the best sequence of voting to give Alban all the help he needs to get the second nationalist ticket?

Maguire01

Is/Was there any point in giving your #2 to DeBrun if she wasn't your #1? Assuming, as is likely, that she'll get the quota on first preferences, she's unlikely to need the second preferences.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2009, 08:57:35 PM
Is/Was there any point in giving your #2 to DeBrun if she wasn't your #1? Assuming, as is likely, that she'll get the quota on first preferences, she's unlikely to need the second preferences.
You talking to me?

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 04, 2009, 09:09:09 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2009, 08:57:35 PM
You talking to me?
Anyone really. I can't see reason to vote Maginness #1, DeBrun #2 - if DeBrun is likely to get the quota on first preferences, she'll not need the transfers. Am i missing something or is this the case? Maginness is likely to need the transfers - and it's probably the case that at least 2 of the Unionists will rely on the transfers too.

Aoise

You can't take anything for granted in an election.  Unionists will transfer to the man and its always the same!  Sinn Feiners are tending to transfer this time for pragmatic reasons, do you not think its simply manners that it is reciprocated? :P

Maguire01

Quote from: Aoise on June 04, 2009, 09:28:25 PM
You can't take anything for granted in an election.  Unionists will transfer to the man and its always the same!  Sinn Feiners are tending to transfer this time for pragmatic reasons, do you not think its simply manners that it is reciprocated? :P
Manners? It's about personal choice. Ther's no obligation to vote for or transfer to anyone.

Strangely enough though, I didn't hear either the SF or SDLP talking about transferring to the other Nationalists the way some of the Unionsits were.

Donagh

Quote from: magickingdom on June 04, 2009, 06:57:18 PM
it really is a pity he didnt stand, i dont believe he'd have got any vote and that would have shown them up to the world for the tiny minority they are

magickingdom you are making the same mistake as that Ari fella, in that I assume by "tiny minority" you mean the dissidents. What makes you think Duffy is associated with them?

Donagh

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2009, 06:59:16 PM
And that's exactly why he didn't stand.

Maguire, he didn't stand because firstly he didn't have the £5k for the deposit and secondly he didn't have the money, transport or organisaiton needed to run a campaign over the six counties.