any unusual activites for simple mayo folk in new york

Started by rosnarun, May 05, 2009, 08:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: take_yer_points on May 06, 2009, 04:44:23 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 06, 2009, 03:32:52 AM

ok i've got the big sites covered. anything with a little more Pizzaz? or a bit o umph or  whap
some suggestions i got was the coyote ugly bar, comedy cellar,Chelsea village

There's a revolving bar fairly high up in the Mariott hotel in Times Square that's worth a visit

It doesn't revolve  ;)

Canalman

Jeez, Forgot to mention going to the batting cages close to Navy Pier. Spent 2 hours there one morning "swatting" away to my heart's content.

Strangely for a litigious culture I was only given a bat and helmet and let off . Great stuff altogether. The machine can be calibrated to throw the ball at different speeds.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: AFS on May 05, 2009, 08:44:45 PM
You'll be doing well to get in all those in one day. You have to factor in queues when heading to places like the Empire State and Ellis Island.
Head to the Empire State at about 10pm if you want to avoid the queues and get to see New York at night.
Do Ellis Island and maybe the Statue of Liberty first thing in the morning and there won't be any queues either.

RedandGreenSniper

Poxy fecker Ros, enjoy the trip and have a pint for us poor saps sitting at home listening to the wireless! And I ain't talking broadband internet connections
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

SLIGONIAN

Fly through the bermuda triangle on yere way back ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

5 Sams

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 06, 2009, 04:46:58 PM

ok i've got the big sites covered. anything with a little more Pizzaz? or a bit o umph or  whap

There's a revolving bar fairly high up in the Mariott hotel in Times Square that's worth a visit

It doesn't revolve  ;)

Stop stirring the shit...it does revolve...well it did the last time I was there this time last year....however I would have to say avoid it at all costs.....rip off...20 bucks for a buffet...buffet my hole...you'd see much better in any B and B in Kerry.......8 bucks for a beer....worse than Temple Bar ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Lar Naparka

Do you mean unusual as in well, unusual or do you mean unusual as in illegal?
Just high around Times Square a bit and look like you're just an innocent gom and a bit outa place- like a Roscommon man out for the day ad you'll get loads of offers you'll find hard to turn down!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 06, 2009, 11:23:48 PM
Do you mean unusual as in well, unusual or do you mean unusual as in illegal?
Just high around Times Square a bit and look like you're just an innocent gom and a bit outa place- like a Roscommon man out for the day ad you'll get loads of offers you'll find hard to turn down!

well at least some one read the title . though in fairness the suggestions are improving . we have ellis island down to one in every 3 posts.
is it legal to 'Just high around Times Square' have they really got that  relaxed?
having said that some comedian possibly woody allen had a line about if you dont want to be mugged in NYC just dont wash and dribble and every one will stay well away from you.
I m safe enough i reckon
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

take_yer_points

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 06, 2009, 11:23:10 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 06, 2009, 04:46:58 PM

It doesn't revolve  ;)

Stop stirring the shit...it does revolve...well it did the last time I was there this time last year....however I would have to say avoid it at all costs.....rip off...20 bucks for a buffet...buffet my hole...you'd see much better in any B and B in Kerry.......8 bucks for a beer....worse than Temple Bar ;)

I think maybe he means the actual bar doesn't resolve but all the seats and tables too - they revolve around the bar.

ludermor

Ros,
I dont know if these places are still going but the Hellfire club was supposed to be an experience and the Tunnel was unmissable, as i said i have no idea if hey are still on the go.