Sammy's alzheimer's 'jokes'

Started by longrunsthefox, April 30, 2009, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

An official complaint has been lodged about Environment Minister Sammy Wilson after he used references to Alzheimer's to brand other politicians forgetful.
SDLP MLA Patsy McGlone said he had made a complaint to the Speaker at Stormont.
He said: "This is not a matter of being politically correct, it is more about common decency and common sense."
Mr Wilson had told a debate: "Anyone in the House who does not know that I am a councillor on Belfast City Council must be suffering from Alzheimer's disease."
The DUP member made the remark earlier this week after being asked by a rival Assembly member to declare his political role as a councillor.
In February, Mr Wilson made similar remarks during an exchange with Mr McGlone in the Assembly chamber, when the minister attacked his opponent over a letter sent to a local newspaper.
Mr Wilson said: "Perhaps Alzheimer's disease has set in. I will remind him of what is contained in the letter that he wrote to the newspaper..."

Sammy is an idiot and was on the radio digging a bigger hole for himself. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 30, 2009, 08:47:49 PM
An official complaint has been lodged about Environment Minister Sammy Wilson after he used references to Alzheimer's to brand other politicians forgetful.
SDLP MLA Patsy McGlone said he had made a complaint to the Speaker at Stormont.
He said: "This is not a matter of being politically correct, it is more about common decency and common sense."
Mr Wilson had told a debate: "Anyone in the House who does not know that I am a councillor on Belfast City Council must be suffering from Alzheimer's disease."
The DUP member made the remark earlier this week after being asked by a rival Assembly member to declare his political role as a councillor.
In February, Mr Wilson made similar remarks during an exchange with Mr McGlone in the Assembly chamber, when the minister attacked his opponent over a letter sent to a local newspaper.
Mr Wilson said: "Perhaps Alzheimer's disease has set in. I will remind him of what is contained in the letter that he wrote to the newspaper..."

Sammy is an idiot and was on the radio digging a bigger hole for himself. 

I think Patsy is going out of his way to be offended here. Having said that I wish Sammy would ride his motorbike off a pier.

Puckoon

Who the f**k is Sammy Wilson and what the f**k is an environmental minister?

Do environmental ministers deal with issues like global warming?

What is global warming, does it even exist?

fred the red

mylestheslasher

Tommy Tiernan makes jokes about alzheimers all the time and they are funny! Maybe Sammy has found something else he is good at as well as running naked through the forest. Perhaps now he'll give up being a politician and do us all a favour.

Minder

In fairness Patsy Mc Glone needs to catch a f**king grip, our politicians would not look out of place in a nursery playground.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

Is there not a time and a place for making politically incorrect 'jokes' and naked boy picked the wrong time and the wrong place. Patsy was right to havea go at him. He's an ass.

thebandit

Sammy's a p***k - but ths is political correctness gone too far

Minder

If any other politician made the "joke" you wouldnt hear a word about it.

Maguire01

Is it even meant to be a joke? Sammy talks a lot of crap, but this is a non-story really.

Orior

Has Sammy not come out yet to say that Swine Flu is just a big sneezing coincidence?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stpauls

it may be a big joke to the rest of you, but until you have someone in your family who suffered from Alzhiemer's, and go through years of pain and sadness because they can't even remember their children's names, it is no f**king laughing matter!!!  >:(

Minder

Quote from: stpauls on May 01, 2009, 09:09:08 AM
it may be a big joke to the rest of you, but until you have someone in your family who suffered from Alzhiemer's, and go through years of pain and sadness because they can't even remember their children's names, it is no f**king laughing matter!!!  >:(

In fairness I dont think too many people are laughing at it, they are saying it is a non story, political correctness gone mad, having a cut at Sammy etc............

full back

Its no laughing matter but this is petty point scoring
Nothing new with the politicians here, they are all a waste of f**king time ::)

stpauls

Quote from: Minder on May 01, 2009, 09:11:15 AM
Quote from: stpauls on May 01, 2009, 09:09:08 AM

In fairness I dont think too many people are laughing at it, they are saying it is a non story, political correctness gone mad, having a cut at Sammy etc............

fair enough, but this seems to be more of a common trait with Wilson, making stupid comments without thinking about them first. personally, i was offended by it, and if your boy McGlone had some one in his family who suffered from it, though not sure if he has, i am sure he would be too!!