Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 03, 2009, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on June 03, 2009, 03:11:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
Sunday game showed a clear head butt to Kevin McGuckin and in fairness McGuckin didn't go down like some players have but there was clear as day. Clerkin deserves a ban for his knee also. I'm glad Derry are accepting Mullan's punishment and only seeking to get Doherty's ban reduced. Unlike some Counties who will appeal anything and everything no matter what the player has done wrong!

McGuckin didn't go down because he wasn't touched.

Are you Derry wans not fed up yet pleading the innocent victims because everybody else is fed up listening to ye

Stay out of the Derry v Monaghan thread then.

Have to agree with screenexile on this one - good to see that Derry aren't taking this to the DRA, High Courts etc. Other county's have totally exhausted this process at every turn around instead of accepting their medicine.

I'm still not quite sure how Mullan got eight weeks when a similar incident earlier in the year only warranted a four week ban. Which was appealed of course, in keeping with the form expected from that particular county.

This has to be something to do with the referee's report....that's all I can think of anyway.

Maguire01

Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2009, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Bensars on June 03, 2009, 02:41:33 PM
Sunday game showed a clear head butt to Kevin McGuckin and in fairness McGuckin didn't go down like some players have but there was clear as day. Clerkin deserves a ban for his knee also. I'm glad Derry are accepting Mullan's punishment and only seeking to get Doherty's ban reduced. Unlike some Counties who will appeal anything and everything no matter what the player has done wrong!

The hypocrisy in that statement has to be seen to be believed.

What's wrong with the statement Bensars? Mullan committed the crime and got an appropriate ban therefore Derry aren't appealing it. Doherty did commit the crimes they charged him of but was given the maximum sentence rather than the minimum. Our County Board are not trying to get him off on a technicality but using the system as it was intended. I think it should be highlighted that Derry are taking their punishment and a few other counties should take note rather than appealing every single red card they get on technical grounds!
A cynic would say that they're not appealing Mullan's suspension because:
a) He's not as important to the team as Doherty; and
b) It gives more credibility to Doherty's appeal.
Thankfully i'm not a cynic.

But seriously, they aren't appealing Mullan's ban because the incident was indefensible. Tyrone should have taken the same approach to the 'groin incidents' earlier in the year.

JMohan

Doherty SHOULD have appealed last years though

Oakleafer93

Quote from: JMohan on June 03, 2009, 08:26:53 PM

No he shouldn't, it was a clear slap with the back of his hand.

JMohan

It was completely - you'd see worse contact in a shopping isle in Tesco's

Main Street

Fergal has turned into a serial offender in the Ulster championship.

tyrone exile

Quote from: Main Street on June 03, 2009, 11:17:00 PM

Dont say that they might start crying again!

Maguire01

Tommy Freeman lost his appeal against his 8-week ban.

Doherty having his case heard tonight.

tbrick18

Quote from: tyrone exile on June 03, 2009, 11:55:50 PM

I wonder how many games in we will be this year before we see Sean "Dry Your Eyes" Cavanagh blubbering on the field of play again?

Final Whistle

Contrary to reports, Derry forward Brian Mullan will be contesting his proposed eight-week ban.

It was widely believed that Mullan would be accepting his suspension arising out of an incident involving Monaghan's Conor McManus during the Ulster SFC clash at Celtic Park on May 24, but it has now emerged that Derry officials are looking to have the banned halved.

Mullan will now accompany team-mate Fergal Doherty to Croke Park tonight to appear before the Central Hearings Committee in a bid to have their bans reduced. Doherty was also proposed for an eight-week ban following an incident involving Monaghan's Dick Clerkin in the same game.

Both players are out of Sunday week's Ulster SFC semi-final against Tyrone, and would also miss the Ulster final in the event of Derry overcoming the All-Ireland champions, unless they get their bans reduced.

Derry will also contest the hefty EUR10,000 fine they were hit with following the Monaghan clash.

Lol. Dont really think Anything else should be added!!!

Final Whistle

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 10, 2009, 11:09:42 AM

I wonder how many games in we will be this year before we see Sean "Dry Your Eyes" Cavanagh blubbering on the field of play again?
[/b]

How many games will it be before we see the real enda "i am a top class footballer" muldoon have a decent game for derry

or 

will he continually be known outside of derry as a plodder???

the green man

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 10, 2009, 03:21:20 PM
Contrary to reports, Derry forward Brian Mullan will be contesting his proposed eight-week ban.

It was widely believed that Mullan would be accepting his suspension arising out of an incident involving Monaghan's Conor McManus during the Ulster SFC clash at Celtic Park on May 24, but it has now emerged that Derry officials are looking to have the banned halved.

Mullan will now accompany team-mate Fergal Doherty to Croke Park tonight to appear before the Central Hearings Committee in a bid to have their bans reduced. Doherty was also proposed for an eight-week ban following an incident involving Monaghan's Dick Clerkin in the same game.

Both players are out of Sunday week's Ulster SFC semi-final against Tyrone, and would also miss the Ulster final in the event of Derry overcoming the All-Ireland champions, unless they get their bans reduced.

Derry will also contest the hefty EUR10,000 fine they were hit with following the Monaghan clash.

Lol. Dont really think Anything else should be added!!!

A source perhaps!

INDIANA

derry have some neck appealing Mullan's suspension- I mean whats the defence- that perhapd he only connected with one testicle instead of two. Disgraceful.

Bensars

IF this is true, i await with great anticipation the response from screenexile,

Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2009, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Bensars on June 03, 2009, 02:41:33 PM

The hypocrisy in that statement has to be seen to be believed.

What's wrong with the statement Bensars? Mullan committed the crime and got an appropriate ban therefore Derry aren't appealing it. Doherty did commit the crimes they charged him of but was given the maximum sentence rather than the minimum. Our County Board are not trying to get him off on a technicality but using the system as it was intended. I think it should be highlighted that Derry are taking their punishment and a few other counties should take note rather than appealing every single red card they get on technical grounds!

loughshore lad

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 10, 2009, 03:25:04 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 10, 2009, 11:09:42 AM

[/b]

How many games will it be before we see the real enda "i am a top class footballer" muldoon have a decent game for derry

or 

will he continually be known outside of derry as a plodder???

I am certainly no Derry fan but Muldoon is far from a plodder, a class act.