Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 26, 2009, 02:05:29 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 26, 2009, 01:36:30 PM
That type of thing is out of order, but it's hardly in Mullen territory. Even still, Doherty was more guilty on the day. He's an awful hot-head and will need to keep his temper in check if Derry are to challenge for honours this year. Dick has shown everyone else how easy Doherty is to wind up and you can bet other teams will try to take advantage.

Doherty has no track record of behaviour like Sunday. It was completely out of character as Screenexile said. The more obvious conclusion is that Dick has shown how effective he is at being a hateful hoor.

Fair enough, I hope he doesn't do the same again as I don't like seeing good players like that getting more involved in the off-the-ball stuff. Dick can be a hateful hoor alright but he's never riled someone up as much as he has Doherty the last two years. Not saying Doherty will do the same again but maybe Dick just brings the worst out in him!

Oakleafer93

Does anyone have a youtube link or any link to Tommy Freeman head-butting mc Guckin? Or what time it is at on the match (I have it taped.)

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 26, 2009, 02:17:06 PM
Does anyone have a youtube link or any link to Tommy Freeman head-butting mc Guckin? Or what time it is at on the match (I have it taped.)

Fecksake let it go.  :-[

This tit for tat shit could go on all day
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Oakleafer93

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 26, 2009, 02:18:22 PM

Christ I just want a look at it

the green man

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 26, 2009, 02:18:57 PM

Why though??
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Oakleafer93

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 26, 2009, 02:21:12 PM

Why though??

Does it matter?

You know what just forget about it I asked a straight forward question and you could answer it or ignore it, no call for the bullshit.

the green man

watch it on iplayer, if you reallly want to see it

Zulu

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on May 26, 2009, 02:14:17 PM
ice hockey

They leave two lads punch it out and that is accepted as part of the game, what goes on in our games isn't accepted. For example if all through a hockey game you talked shit to your opponent and gave him sly digs all game and he then dropped the gloves and hit you a harmless slap but you went down you'd be laughed off the ice rink and derided by all and sundry. Not in our game though, some seem to think that is acceptable in the search for a win.

Bogball XV

it was nothing, i wouldn't bother wasting my time if i were you.

JMohan

Quote from: screenexile on May 26, 2009, 01:46:30 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 26, 2009, 01:36:30 PM
That type of thing is out of order, but it's hardly in Mullen territory. Even still, Doherty was more guilty on the day. He's an awful hot-head and will need to keep his temper in check if Derry are to challenge for honours this year. Dick has shown everyone else how easy Doherty is to wind up and you can bet other teams will try to take advantage.

And your basis for this is what? Yes on Sunday he was out of order but you're making it sound like he does this every week when really this is an isolated occurence. How many times have you seen Doherty lose the head? I've played with and against Doherty since I was 12 and I can tell you off the top of my head I can only remember him getting the line for Derry once and for Bellaghy once. Hardly constituting a 'hot-head'. In normal circumstances Doc is an honest hard player but if you push someone constantly it is only a matter of time before they snap... no matter who they are!!! Yes he lost the run of himself on Sunday but it was nothing major only a wee kick to the calf muscle, hardly thuggery! If he does get a suspension I would be deeply concerned as to how the powers that be handle themselves.

Doherty is without doubt one of the best midfielders in the Country and I have no doubt that he will prove it again this year!

I agree he is anything but a hot head.

I think you'd agree though screen that despite this he has been caught now for the second time and he would need to be careful

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 26, 2009, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 26, 2009, 02:21:12 PM

Why though??

Does it matter?

You know what just forget about it I asked a straight forward question and you could answer it or ignore it, no call for the bullshit.

Don't get stroppy, its not as if i accused you of petty vindictiveness and point scoring over tit for tat incidents

Whoops  ;D

DennistheMenace

LOL at some people implying Doherty is a loose cannon - Anyone who has consistently watch him perform for Derry and Bellaghy over the years knows that is complete drivel.

He won't and shouldn't get a suspension for what happened on Sunday, Mullan on the otherhand may very well (and deservedly imo) be in trouble as may McKaigue for that dive.

ONeill

I really do detest this aspect of GAA punditry we have today and the general public seem to be feeding off it.

Nothing really happened on Sunday. It was niggly, but in every sport (as in life) the ingredients are there for a bit of bad temper now and again. Much much worse went on in the 80s/90s away from the cameras. Shudder when you think of the Ulster winning Monaghan team of 85/88, the Tyrone defence at that period, the Meath side of the 80s/90s, the Dubs of the 70s/80s.

That doesn't mean what they may have done now and again was to be condoned but Jaysus on Sunday there was the odd nip and slap here and there. No one was carried off. No one couldn't continue. No blood. It was simply a wee bit of temper. I thought it was great.

Twas a bit of a joke seeing O'Rourke, Elbows Tohill and Kernan lamenting the nature of the 'violence'. No doubt, they were toeing the line, making sure they were invited back onto the show.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.