Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

Did the cameras also not pick out Doherty stamping on Mone's back on one occasion. I don't know what his disciplinary record is like but his behgaviour on Sunday was that of a thug and he should be well punished for it.

bingobus

Quote from: Winnie Peg on May 26, 2009, 10:30:22 AM
Did the cameras also not pick out Doherty stamping on Mone's back on one occasion. I don't know what his disciplinary record is like but his behgaviour on Sunday was that of a thug and he should be well punished for it.

You're mistaken.... he's a good gael and does work in the community (possibly community service). Dick is nasty and is related to the devil  ::)

SidelineKick

I would agree that his behaviour was thuggish alright, but having watched him for Derry and Bellaghy (where there are no neutral umpires or linesmen so if he wanted could get away with murder) he has always behaved as a tough player who wouldn't stoop to levels such as kicking and off the ball stuff.  I can honestly say it was very out of character.  He still deserves his punishment obviously.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

SidelineKick

Quote from: bingobus on May 26, 2009, 10:36:19 AM

You're mistaken.... he's a good gael and does work in the community (possibly community service). Dick is nasty and is related to the devil  ::)

I would have said Dick was dastardly.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ONeill

Good man Paddy Heaney. The voice of reason in a society of madness. Nothing happened on Sunday.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

full back

Quote from: bingobus on May 26, 2009, 10:36:19 AM

Listening to Brolly, you would have thought you were in a courthouse & he was summing up FFS.
He may have done 'A, B & C' but he is an upstanding member of the community etc etc ::)
Leave that sort of drivel for the judge & jury Joe

Will Hunting

Quote from: rrhf on May 26, 2009, 09:38:19 AM
No its important that Doherty goes, to me he behaved like Ricey against Kerry running about putulantly looking the row - he subsequently got suspended and that changed the man for the better.  I would go as far as saying that if Doherty dosent get suspended he will single handedly bring down derrys season,  I think he has alreday cost them Ulster glory as neither established team Tyrone and Armagh would stand for that upstarty nonsense and will have their cloth well cut to suit their battle with the nouveaux riche.   As much as I  enjoyed the game could we please lose the nauseating "well we are now no longer prepared to be bullied" line being trotted out by the derry wans.  Those shrinking violets from the snowcap of tyrone have been arguably the dirtiest team in Ulster for over 10 years its only they never had the footballers to get their games shown on TV - now they have and now they are in the dock.  

Why exactly do you feel it is important Doherty gets suspended? For little more than a tap on Celrkin's leg? - catch yourself on! sure nobody got killed (as you might say).

Let's rewind back to see what you thought of Tommy McGuigan's ball-breaker on Lockhart in the league:

Quote from: rrhf on April 02, 2009, 11:58:02 AM
Listen Sean Marty hurt more men uinfairly during that game than Tommy so what Tommy done was probably fair game within the context of the dual.  It was harmless they shook hands and laughed about it after.

::) ::) ::)

----

Moving on to the Darren Hughes incident - i don't know if he/monaghan reported that he was hit by a fan, but he would have been advised to say nothing about this at it looks like he pushed the Derry fan first, in some sort of attempt to get the ball back.

It's one thing applying these tactics to opposition players, but don't take it into the terraces!! The GAA/CCCC should come down very heavily on Hughes for this.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Will Hunting on May 26, 2009, 11:04:51 AM
Quote from: rrhf on May 26, 2009, 09:38:19 AM
No its important that Doherty goes, to me he behaved like Ricey against Kerry running about putulantly looking the row - he subsequently got suspended and that changed the man for the better.  I would go as far as saying that if Doherty dosent get suspended he will single handedly bring down derrys season,  I think he has alreday cost them Ulster glory as neither established team Tyrone and Armagh would stand for that upstarty nonsense and will have their cloth well cut to suit their battle with the nouveaux riche.   As much as I  enjoyed the game could we please lose the nauseating "well we are now no longer prepared to be bullied" line being trotted out by the derry wans.  Those shrinking violets from the snowcap of tyrone have been arguably the dirtiest team in Ulster for over 10 years its only they never had the footballers to get their games shown on TV - now they have and now they are in the dock.  

Why exactly do you feel it is important Doherty gets suspended? For little more than a tap on Celrkin's leg? - catch yourself on! sure nobody got killed (as you might say).

Let's rewind back to see what you thought of Tommy McGuigan's ball-breaker on Lockhart in the league:

Quote from: rrhf on April 02, 2009, 11:58:02 AM
Listen Sean Marty hurt more men uinfairly during that game than Tommy so what Tommy done was probably fair game within the context of the dual.  It was harmless they shook hands and laughed about it after.

::) ::) ::)

----

Moving on to the Darren Hughes incident - i don't know if he/monaghan reported that he was hit by a fan, but he would have been advised to say nothing about this at it looks like he pushed the Derry fan first, in some sort of attempt to get the ball back.

It's one thing applying these tactics to opposition players, but don't take it into the terraces!! The GAA/CCCC should come down very heavily on Hughes for this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7660982.stm

Zulu

QuoteWhy exactly do you feel it is important Doherty gets suspended? For little more than a tap on Celrkin's leg? - catch yourself on! sure nobody got killed (as you might say).

Jesus wept but that is some load of nonsense, I'd much rather if Clerkin and Doherty went toe to toe for a minute or two and then got on with it rather than this cowardly, sly, petulent shit that passes for 'hard man' antics today. What both of them did is called acting the maggot and is all too frequent in our games, the goading of opposition players and then going down as if shot if they retaliate is a real embarressment to our games and should be stamped out immediately. Watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re6E_MDrrno&feature=related if you want to see real footballers, I can only imagine the diving and prancing around that would go on nowadays if the same thing happened.

blewuporstuffed

Maybe a bit off topic, but it happened again after the game on sunday.
The pundits on TV spend the whole discussion time talking about disgraceful scenes,off the ball action, how the third man tackle is the bane of our game and criticizing what they see as over physicality, then que the video montage at the end, were it is mad up of exactly all these incident set to music!
Similarly Most of these ads/montages used to advertise our games heavily focus on the big hits and physical confrontation.
I am not trying to defend some of the incidents in sundays game (mullan,docs kick or freemans head but)and there was too much acting the maggot by both sets of players,but  people still need to realize its the physical aspect of our game that attracts alot of people, and to a large extent is used by the GAA when they want to ,to sell the game.
Mullan should get a suspension as should freeman and we should move on from it.it wasnt the worst game of football I have ever seen, and alot of people could do with getting down off thier high horse about 'over Physicality' in Ulster football
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

INDIANA

Thats rubbish. people would have been arrested for some of those incidents on the street. I've been to a lot of Ulster championship games- last Sunday was the worst I've seen since the Derry v Tyrone qualifier about 5 years ago.
There are still people here who seem to think that a different set of rules apply to the Ulster championship and this gives them a carte blanche to do whatever they bloody like. They don't. Headbutting and kicking somone in the balls is not physicality. Goading someone and kicking them constantly in the back of the legs is not physicality.
Physicality is going for 50/50 balls , hitting a fair shoulder , using your body in the tackle not the above shite.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Zulu on May 26, 2009, 11:36:26 AM
QuoteWhy exactly do you feel it is important Doherty gets suspended? For little more than a tap on Celrkin's leg? - catch yourself on! sure nobody got killed (as you might say).

Jesus wept but that is some load of nonsense, I'd much rather if Clerkin and Doherty went toe to toe for a minute or two and then got on with it rather than this cowardly, sly, petulent shit that passes for 'hard man' antics today. What both of themm did is called acting the maggot and is all to frequent in our games, the goading of opposition players and then going down as if shot if they retaliate is a real embarressment to our games and should be stamped out immediately. Watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re6E_MDrrno&feature=related if you want to see real footballers, I can only imagine the diving and prancing around that would go on nowadays if the same thing happened.

Jesus wept but THAT is some load of nonsense. Do you really think folks would be on here praising Doherty as a 'real footballer' if he decked Clerkin with a left hook? No, he would proclaimed to be a complete thug. Catch yourself on.

Incidentally that kick from behind is the only time I have ever seen or heard of Doherty going for sly retaliation. Completely out of character for him.

Again, I would ask Indiana to stop coming in here on his high horse about Derry after the full scale thuggery and mass brawls from Dublin versus Tyrone and Monaghan in recent years. Sunday was not in the same league as those ties
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

INDIANA

Its a forum and I'll comment on whatever I like- I don't have to ask you for permission. Dublin weren't playing last Sunday and that has nothing to do with the events last Sunday. Stop bringing extraneous arguments into the debate. If Dublin were involved in the same shite I'd say exactly the same.

the green man

Theres some amount of 'Shock & Horror' and 'Please think of the Children' syndrome here. This outrage will last until the next bad thing happens. In 2001 when Liam Dunne and Brian O Meara tried to detach a few ribs from each other, there was a public outcry that it was such a shame that O Meara would miss the final over the red card received. Now were crying that possible suspensions wont be strong enough.

Bensars

A few Derry players where interviewed on radio ulster after the game, and kept referring to the fact that their hunger was questioned by those within derry. "wans questioned the fire in our belly" was used several times. They also said that Monaghan had been the more physical team on the two previous occassions.
Obvious that they were sent out with instruction to play the way they did.