Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2009, 10:33:30 PM
Fergal's second yellow wasn't merited ???????????????  Is he serious ???????????

What foul would it come under?  Seemed to be a dunt/shoulder. If youre going to yellow for that, then Mone and McArdle would have been carded before the throw in

sam03/05

doherty should get a suspension for that kick
if that was mcmenamin they would be going mad on the sunday game
however they brushed it under the carpet cos hes big Anthonys mate

JMohan

So let me get this right ... the ball came into play between the two men ... Mullan grabbed McManus, wrestled him to the ground and kneed him the balls?

I give up - truly not worth the effort.

Just say 'Well Done' and we'll leave it at that.

orangeman

If Paul Galvin had kicked, gouged, headbutted, kneed someone then there would have been an outcry.

oakleafgael

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 24, 2009, 10:38:49 PM

Are they showing a different version of the Sunday Game in the part of Tyrone your in? He tried to trip him, there wasnt a kick.

the green man

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 10:37:12 PM
Mullan had him in the headlock before McManus grabbed him! FFS JMohan, wise up!

No he didnt. Mullan broke the ball, advanced a bit and McManus bear hugged him to the ground

JMohan

Of course

Monaghan were innocent - let big Dick, Dessie, McmNaus off and lets throw the book at the Bradleys, Mullan and Doc?

Awww - must be hard to lose. At least Derry took it on the chin last year.

Schkite

Yep, that's how I saw it, Mullen had McManus by the head after he broke the ball, McManus had Mullen around the chest, they fell to the ground in a bundle. Not a sore loser as we kicked ourselves out of it in the first half, but JMohan you must be on the wind up to suggest Mullen doesn't deserve a ban for a dirty act like that.

JMohan

Quote from: the green man on May 24, 2009, 10:40:42 PM

No he didnt. Mullan broke the ball, advanced a bit and McManus bear hugged him to the ground

Thank you

sam03/05

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 24, 2009, 10:40:31 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on May 24, 2009, 10:38:49 PM

Are they showing a different version of the Sunday Game in the part of Tyrone your in? He tried to trip him, there wasnt a kick.

ack now come on
sure they are only after saying that he kicked him
it was a kick

mountainboii

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 10:37:52 PM
Quote from: the green man on May 24, 2009, 10:32:08 PM

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 10:27:13 PM
See the attempt at an eye-gouge by Doherty?

How do you know it was an attempt an that. Clerkin came in to try and out muscle Doc off the ball. Fergal took a dislike and the two choked each other to the ground.

I was just wondering how anyone else saw it. Heard from someone after that was sitting at that far side with a better view and they reckoned there was something in it. All I saw was when Dick was on the ground you could see Doherty's left hand come round to his face, but sure you couldn't see much after that. Think there's a photo on sportsfile that you can see it a bit better.

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/355249/5000/

orangeman

Joe Brolly will be popular in Monaghan after saying he was delighed to see them out of the championship - sounded a bit like Keegan.

oakleafgael

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 10:41:06 PM
Well, what did happen, in your eyes?

FFS, have a look at it.

I've no idea how you can defend him.

McManus pulled him down. Should have been a free to Derry, which is irrelevant. They both wrestled on the ground, Mullan was about to get up but before he did he drove his knee into the midrife of McManus. If seen by the officials it would have been a straight red card for striking.

JMohan

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 10:42:32 PM

Yep, that's how I saw it, Mullen had McManus by the head after he broke the ball, McManus had Mullen around the chest, they fell to the ground in a bundle. Not a sore loser as we kicked ourselves out of it in the first half, but JMohan you must be on the wind up to suggest Mullen doesn't deserve a ban for a dirty act like that.

No - my point is you can't ban Mullan and let McManus off

If McManus had played fair and was manly about it he'd have just got on with the game, you can't do that and expect a man to roll over for you.

the green man

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 10:41:06 PM
Well, what did happen, in your eyes?

FFS, have a look at it.

I've no idea how you can defend him.

I'm not defending him, as a previuos post would suggest. I just pulling you on your bare faced lie. You say that Mullan had McManus in a headlock long before McManus grabbed Mullan. This is simply not true. Mullan broke the ball forward, advanced to get it, McManus then hauled him down and bad things happened after that. I can't really see how you can view it any other way.