Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overthebar!

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 24, 2009, 06:09:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
Is it still "out of character" for Doherty to act like a sc**bag?

Mullan will be suspended.

Chrissy McKaigue - Pathetic.

Did he do something doorty? Or was it just a poor performance?

he played well enough, think he playacted when there was nothing wrong with him. never good to see

as for doc he prob did deserve to go. he was dirty enough but so are monaghan and as captain he doesnt was to show any weakness.
happy enough with the performance. knew it was gonna be scrappy anyway. celtic park is some job also
all of the defence had a great game....roll on the next round

Stalin

The Monaghan keeper was rolling around the ground after 5mins as if he was dying. Few others in the Monaghan side guilty of it too. Shame that McKaigue was a it too, although I didnt see it.

Need to stamp that shite out ASAP. That and the soccer chanting and disgusting tactics from Monaghan. Or just ban Monaghan.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

ExiledGael

Quote from: Stalin on May 24, 2009, 06:21:05 PM
Or just ban Monaghan.

I'll vote for that.
Seen McKaigue at that, pretty pathetic alright. Right in front of me and similar to McQuaid I thought. It's a disease.

SuperHans

now i know why mceaneny didnt like the experimental rules.

monaghan are so negative, had d freeman and d hughes filtering back in front of our full forwards. if they let d freeman attack a bit more they may have got something out of todays game

dessie mone also gets a special mention for his ' tight' marking

clarshack

Quote from: ziggysego on May 24, 2009, 05:22:08 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 24, 2009, 03:37:44 PM
Brolly and Spillane is better viewing than the match.

Tell me about it. It was all it took for me not to switch over.

Watched a bit on the BBC and put it straight back to RTE. Did catch Martin McHugh say Dooher is a fantastic player ::)

it used to be the case where even a bad gaelic football match was still a hundred times better than watching a game of soccer. not any more - if the last 2 weekends are anything to go by.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: clarshack on May 24, 2009, 06:37:56 PM

Watched a bit on the BBC and put it straight back to RTE. Did catch Martin McHugh say Dooher is a fantastic player ::)

it used to be the case where even a bad gaelic football match was still a hundred times better than watching a game of soccer.

That was never true in the first place. I've seen plenty of absolutely godawful games of football that would rank up with any Bolton v Stoke 0-0 draw on a wet Monday evening in January.

pintsofguinness

Why do we always need to bring soccer in to it  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

INDIANA

Quote from: tyssam5 on May 24, 2009, 06:12:58 PM
A lot of bad manners in that game alright. CCCC might suspend the one Derryman for ball kneeing, as attacks on the swingers seem to be the only offence punishable by video evidence. If they don't look at some of the other stuff it will be a cop out though, with the one player as the scapegoat.

That said, must the RTE commentators sound like they are a combination of 60 year-old spinster school-mistresses talking about naughty children and Kate Adie reporting from a Congolese convent where 20 nuns have just been slaughtered?

So kicking someone in the nuts is acceptable? Their analysis was fair enough on the derry v monaghan game- it was a brutal match like last weeks. I don't like them as analysts but they were spot on today.

thejuice

shockin bad game, Monaghan should have won it but their shooting was terrible. Derry will want to improve drastically if they really want to win Ulster, they looked poor today.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 06:46:50 PM
Dick Clerkin is one dirty dirty *******.
How did you manage to single out Clerkin out of all that went on today?

Oakleafer1993

Monaghan are a dirty shower - they spoiled the game today with their cyncial play - Clerkin was absolute disgrace - gesturing to the crowd with his little TV box - he was at doherty the whole game - fergal was a saint putting up with it for so long. Thought McGuckian did a great job on that little bullock Freeman. Its the winning that counts today - the football will come later. Referee was rubbish.

thebuzz

Quote from: clarshack on May 24, 2009, 06:37:56 PM

it used to be the case where even a bad gaelic football match was still a hundred times better than watching a game of soccer. not any more - if the last 2 weekends are anything to go by.

A couple of years ago we played in a 'great game' (for the neutral) against Longford in the qualifiers and got beat by a point. I have to say I'm alot happier today whether it was ugly or not.

ExiledGael

Seen Clerkin making the TV sign, what exactly was that about?

Maguire01

Very poor performance today - kicked ourselves out of the game. Monaghan should have been at least 3 up at half time, but the waste was terrible. Derry pushed on at the end with some impressive points.

The referee had no control of the game whatsoever - made some baffling decisions and should have been flashing yellow and red cards a lot sooner than he did.
One question - on more than one occassion, the ref blew for a Derry free, then a Derry player commits a foul and is booked, yet Derry still retain the free... should that not be a throw ball?

Schkite

Having the blinkers one doensn't describe what's coming out of some here!

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 24, 2009, 06:56:43 PM
Clerkin was absolute disgrace - gesturing to the crowd with his little TV box - he was at doherty the whole game - fergal was a saint putting up with it for so long.

Yeah he was a real credit to your county today!  :D

Both teams were at it FFS, if you can't see that there's no saving you.

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 24, 2009, 06:56:43 PM
Referee was rubbish.

I agree, how he didn't send off Mullen for kneeing McManus in the balls I'll never know.